Guida via decision 34% (22)
Danzig via decision 18% (12)
Guida via (t)ko 20% (13)
Danzig via (t)ko 3% (2)
Guida via sub 5% (3)
Danzig via sub 20% (13)
Franklinfan47
5/26/08 1:22:44PM
I'm having a really hard time picking this one. Both seem pretty evenly matched and well rounded and both have looked impressive lately. What are your thoughts?
nickcuc547
5/26/08 1:37:55PM
guida is more skilled and athletic and should use his wrestling to grind out a decision. with that said, danzig is very smart and will take advantage if guida gets a little excited (which he has a tendancy to do). im still taking guida because of his raw skill advantage but mac could pull off a sub from the bottom if guida gets careless.
VictimSix
5/26/08 1:56:36PM
Tough fight to call. I think Danzig takes it if he can deal with Guida's wrestling.
Aaronno9
5/26/08 2:12:36PM
Really tough fight to call, i really like both guys. Guida has a clear advantage in his wrestling and the pace he will set, but i think macs got a pretty decent advantage in terms of striking and JJ. I think this will play a pretty big role, becouse guida does have a tendancey to get over excited and get a little wild, which would make for some good opportunities for mac to be able to crack him on the feet or sub him from the bottom. I cant see guida finishing mac, and hes been pretty unlucky with the judges in the past, so the odds might be stacked against him in that department since hes going against a tuf poster boy.

Anyways, im going with mac by a 3rd round tko, might change to sub closer to the time.
Khaos
5/26/08 2:13:44PM
I'm personally taking Danzig, I think it should be a good fight, with the winner coming by decison(probably split)
beachbum7568
5/26/08 2:26:27PM
I have Danzig by decision. Both are too skilled to finish eachother. Mac is more technical and i think thats what will win him this fight.
Lockfrow
5/26/08 2:50:20PM
I think Danzig is the easy pic but I also think it will be an entertaining fight that will at least go into the 2nd RD.
Jlloyd
5/26/08 3:00:55PM
Danzig takes this for me
Jackelope
5/26/08 4:12:28PM
I gotta go with my boy Guida on this one. He's motivated this year and he's not going to let some TUF noob come in and make a fool of him. He's faced tougher competition recently and Guida brings a pace few can match.

Brilliant matchmaking for this fight, though. I am more stoked for this fight than any others on the horizon currently. It will be a HL reel fight.
DCRage
5/26/08 4:20:20PM
Call me crazy but I'm seriously thinking about picking Draw (I can do that in UFC Fantasy). That's how in the middle I am on this fight right now.
gartface
5/26/08 4:43:18PM
Guida is going to outwork Danzig in what will be a FOTY candidate.
seanfu
5/26/08 5:59:59PM
Danzig by either standup war decision or submission.
SociopathX
5/26/08 8:14:40PM
this fight is gonna be awesome... of course any fight with Guida is Awesome.

I think this will be the fight that puts Danzig into the next level of fighters. He should be able to put Guida away ... 2nd rd choke out.

I love Danzig I think he will be a contender for the belt by next year.
Franklinfan47
5/26/08 8:54:27PM
Thanks all for the input. I definately think this is going to be a great fight. Right now im leaning more towards Guida just because I think Danzig has looked great fighting against mediocre fighters while Guida has looked great fighting against great fighters like Tyson Griffin, Marcus Aurelio, and Roger Huerta, granted he didn't win all those fights. I'm thinking he'll win a decision after a 3 round war.
fonduktoe
5/26/08 9:04:24PM
guida sets a blistering pace that i imo will knock danzig off balance
guida by tko 2nd round
Mchubb316
5/26/08 9:28:50PM
I like this matchup. I think Danzig can become one of the top LW in the UFC. I think he was over qualified for TUF. Guida's fast paced style, and Danzig's willingness to attack could make for fight of the night. This is a tough one to pick for me as well. We will get to find out how good Danzig is right now with this fight against Guida.
VictimSix
5/27/08 7:43:30AM

Posted by Jackelope

I gotta go with my boy Guida on this one. He's motivated this year and he's not going to let some TUF noob come in and make a fool of him. He's faced tougher competition recently and Guida brings a pace few can match.

Brilliant matchmaking for this fight, though. I am more stoked for this fight than any others on the horizon currently. It will be a HL reel fight.

What!?
Jackelope
5/27/08 8:14:16AM

Posted by VictimSix

Posted by Jackelope

What!?

haha, take it easy... I'm speaking from Guida's point of view. You know how the UFC likes to build it's TUF'ers, and Guida is a UFC Veteran. Without checking sherdog or some shit like that I know Danzig has fought in Pride and all of that before. It was a figure of speech for lack of writing a paragraph about how Danzig is new to the UFC
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/27/08 12:46:59PM
MAC BY GOGOPLATA!!!! guida will take him down and mac will pull off what he almost did to marc bocek.
gartface
5/27/08 1:11:33PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

MAC BY GOGOPLATA!!!! guida will take him down and mac will pull off what he almost did to marc bocek.

I would poop myself.
NatedawgThaM
5/27/08 5:02:31PM
Guida's stronger with better wrestling but Mac is a better all around grappler IMO. I think their pretty much even on the feet which is were I think this will be decided.

It will definitely be a sick fight of the year candidate. But I think Mac will be able to out point him on the feet and do just enough to win a Split Decision. So Mac Danzig by Split Decision.
Raykill
5/28/08 12:34:22AM

Posted by Jackelope

Guida just has to much time in to let Mac punk him out
MMAcca
5/28/08 1:39:05AM

Posted by Raykill

Posted by Jackelope

Erm.......Mac made his pro debut TWO YEARS before Guida...........
Jackelope
5/28/08 8:18:22AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Raykill

Posted by Jackelope

Erm.......Mac made his pro debut TWO YEARS before Guida...........

Not in the UFC, though. Guida has fought the tougher competition as of late, and he's been fighting in the UFC for just under 2 years now against opponents like Huerta, Aurelio, Griffin, Thomas, etc. He may have losses but they're all close losses.

Outside of Hayato Sakurai and Clay French (whom he lost to decisively) Danzig hasn't faced near the level of Griffin, Huerta, or Aurelio
fedorwins1
5/28/08 8:44:13AM
Tough fight. Some people are picking Guida because of his fast pace, but let's not forget Danzig's last fight; he can go at a very fast pace also. Guida's standup is a lot more sloppier than Danzig's IMO and that's where Danzig will pick him apart. Guida has the wrestling advantage on paper, but let's not forget how Danzig took Tommy Speer down easily. Submissions go to Danzig by far, Danzig's grappling is far ahead of Guida's.

With that said, Danzig UD.
VictimSix
5/28/08 9:07:58AM

haha, take it easy... I'm speaking from Guida's point of view. You know how the UFC likes to build it's TUF'ers, and Guida is a UFC Veteran. Without checking sherdog or some shit like that I know Danzig has fought in Pride and all of that before. It was a figure of speech for lack of writing a paragraph about how Danzig is new to the UFC

Gotcha, I obviously took the wrong way. Guida would definitely have something to prove in this match.
gsquat
5/28/08 9:37:28AM
I know. When I first saw this one I thought, "Aw crap." Its almost impossible to pick. Right now I'm going with Guida. He's more tried and proven against top tier fighters. Its not that I don't think that Danzig is as good, I just think Guida is the safer choice.
jocka
5/28/08 12:27:16PM
I take Danzig by UD.
theguido
5/28/08 2:22:38PM
i would really like to see Guida push the pace and put Danzig out earily in the second. On the other hand I do believe that Danzig will be a force in the LW division for a while.
copcopps
5/28/08 2:45:04PM
I'm taking Guida by TKO, mainly because Guida's from Illinois and I think he's a better striker
Pages: [1] 2