Clay Guida hints at next opponent

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Clay Guida hints at next opponent
Pookie
9/9/10 6:15:37AM
Linky

First off, love the lebowski reference.

Lastly, Who do you guys think it is? Stephens and Guillard are fighting each other. The only person i can think of that's left is Gomi.
sbulldavid
9/9/10 8:02:36AM
Gomi doesn't seem to be the wrestler he once was, but he looked solid and in shape against Griffin. I don't see Gomi winning unless Guida stands and trades with him.
gartface
9/9/10 9:05:04AM
I guess that's a pretty vague statement, but the rumor has been thrown around that he and Gomi will be going at it. If that's the case, I'm very excited for that fight.
AchillesHeel
9/9/10 10:33:07AM
"The Dude"...

emfleek
9/9/10 10:37:49AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

"The Dude"...

prozacnation1978
9/9/10 10:56:00AM
Either gomi or penn
Might be gomi. Either tuf finale. Or if they were smart. Save the germany card and have it as co main event
I heard. Guida was gonna fight siver.

But siver may face a joe stevenson next kurt pellegrino
cowcatcher
9/9/10 11:05:39AM
i abide
Twenty20Dollars
9/9/10 12:56:38PM
GOMIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!

but for some reason I just thought about matching up stevenson vs guida, I think that could be better. Since Guida would probably try and grapple Gomi.
seanfu
9/9/10 2:17:15PM
Too bad if so, because a win by either wouldn't mean much in theat case. If Gomi gets taken down a couple times he loses a dec. If he doesn't he gets the dec or a knockout. Flip a coin, thats the winner.

I would like to see a rematch with Kenny or put him against Penn for fun.
Pookie
9/9/10 4:43:50PM
Gomi v. Guida reminds me alot of Guida v. Huerta, where Guida definitely had the style advantage going in, but he got hit late in the fight and crumbled. Gomi's an all around better fighter than Huerta. Interesting match
DeadHead988
9/9/10 5:58:06PM
I train with Clay at MTC. I can confirm that its Gomi for sure
jae_1833
9/9/10 8:15:05PM

Posted by DeadHead988

I train with Clay at MTC. I can confirm that its Gomi for sure

You are officially the man!
prozacnation1978
9/9/10 9:20:53PM
Do you know what event ???

I will think in nov
I doubt tuf finale. But I may be wrong. Could be main event of tuf
But I still think grove vs maia will be it. And why not. They had hamill vs jardine
BustedKnuckle
9/10/10 8:52:56AM
Guida/Gomi will be a barnburnner for sure. nhope it happens soon!
Jackelope
9/10/10 10:43:38AM
I love me some Geico Caveman but I think this is a bad style matchup for him. Here's to hoping he pulls off a huge upset, though! *In my eyes it would be a huge upset*
warglory
9/13/10 9:50:57PM

Posted by Pookie

Gomi v. Guida reminds me alot of Guida v. Huerta, where Guida definitely had the style advantage going in, but he got hit late in the fight and crumbled. Gomi's an all around better fighter than Huerta. Interesting match

You really think Gomi is better than Huerta?
warglory
9/13/10 9:52:33PM
I really think Guida is going to trash Gomi, very badly. I am not usually confident about my picks, but I really think Guida is going to roll over Gomi.
kaduey
9/15/10 9:50:48AM

Posted by warglory

I really think Guida is going to trash Gomi, very badly. I am not usually confident about my picks, but I really think Guida is going to roll over Gomi.

I don't ever recall Guida "trashing" any fighter other than the B level fighters the UFC throw at him. I can see Guida holding on for dear life for another decision though.