Classiest and Not Classiest fighters?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Classiest and Not Classiest fighters?
TS92turbo
4/7/11 1:19:16AM
Classiest - Rampage Jackson. I met him after his Machida fight, and this man was a class act. Talked to him for about 15 minutes, and he kept saying that Machida won or he wanted a rematch. Not to mention, when he feels he doesnt win a bout, and does, hes very classy about it (example : Ninja Rua and Machida fight). Very cool and funny guy.

Runner Up - Rich Franklin. He credits everyone hes beaten, and everyone who has beaten him. Class act before and after the Forrest fight.

----------------------

Not so Classy - Tie. Tito Ortiz and Jorge Rivera. Tito is just a trash talker. No Class at all. Still trash talks Liddell and he lost to him twice! Called Couture an old man, and got literally spanked in the octagon. Rivera took his own training time to make videos about how he was gonna beat up Bisping and how bad of a fighter Bisping is and Jorge lost the fight. Bisping tooled him. But after the fight, Jorge tried to make amends, and Mikey Bisping responded with a luge to his corner. I am a former Bisping fan because of this.

Runner up - Chael Sonnen. Hes a excellent trash talker. Tons of funny quotes, and he lost to Anderson and still trash talked him. I am a new Sonnen fan just because I was watching his fights and his interviews. Hilarious man. I hope he gets and wins the rematch with Silva. I hope his legal troubles clear up before TUF 14 or 15. I want to see him destroy Bisping.

What are your opinions?
TeamDEY
4/7/11 2:24:49AM
Classiest: GSP, Kenny Florian, Urijah Faber, Big Nog, Fedor

Not Classiest: Ortiz, Chael, Bisping, Nate Diaz
Theoutlaw08
4/7/11 8:54:50AM
Classiest - Ken-flo
Non - Bisping
cowcatcher
4/7/11 10:20:49AM
Older guys seem to show more class in general, but some young guys show it too. Randy, Fedor, the Nogs, and Rich Franklin, and GSP come to mind.

Young guys, street thugs, and meatheads don't seem to know what class is. The Diaz brothers, Kos, Chael, Tito, Bisping, and Mir come to mind.
AchillesHeel
4/7/11 10:28:55AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Young guys, street thugs, and meatheads don't seem to know what class is.

Ironically, I was going to name "Meathead" himself - Matt Mitrione - in my 'classy' list.
cowcatcher
4/7/11 10:38:06AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by cowcatcher

Young guys, street thugs, and meatheads don't seem to know what class is.

Ironically, I was going to name "Meathead" himself - Matt Mitrione - in my 'classy' list.

I actually have met the guy on more than a few occasions, and he is a good dude. I don't know that I'd toss him on the top of my list of classy fighters though. I think you get my point about meatheads though, as Kos was on my list.
Budgellism
4/7/11 11:42:28AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Older guys seem to show more class in general, but some young guys show it too. Randy, Fedor, the Nogs, and Rich Franklin, and GSP come to mind.

Young guys, street thugs, and meatheads don't seem to know what class is. The Diaz brothers, Kos, Chael, Tito, Bisping, and Mir come to mind.

I agree with every fighter you listed in both categories.
AchillesHeel
4/7/11 11:47:22AM

Posted by cowcatcher

I actually have met the guy on more than a few occasions, and he is a good dude. I don't know that I'd toss him on the top of my list of classy fighters though.

I only know his public persona, which could be totally different from how he is in "real life", for all I know. But that's true of every MMA fighter. In post-fight interviews and on "MMA Live" and the like, he seems well-spoken, aware of his current place in the sport, respectful of his competition, and so on.

Posted by cowcatcher

I think you get my point about meatheads though, as Kos was on my list.

Yes, I know what you mean. That's why Mitrione's nickname is ironic.
Hendo67
4/7/11 11:47:46AM
Class:
Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Junior Dos Santos
Big Nog
Pat Barry
Rich Franklin
Jens Pulver
Fedor

Classless:
Brock Lesnar
Diaz Bros
Michael Bisping
Tito Ortiz
Budgellism
4/7/11 12:03:36PM

Posted by Hendo67

Class:
Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Junior Dos Santos
Big Nog
Pat Barry
Rich Franklin
Jens Pulver
Fedor

Classless:
Brock Lesnar
Diaz Bros
Michael Bisping
Tito Ortiz

ahhhh, Pulver! I forgot about him. Complete class act.
warglory
4/7/11 5:20:43PM
I have never met any fighter in person, so it's hard to say based on the shenanigans seen on live TV, rumors, or the magic of edited television. I can't make any judgment calls personally.
hashyandy4
4/8/11 11:09:48PM

Posted by Hendo67

Class:
Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Junior Dos Santos
Big Nog
Pat Barry
Rich Franklin
Jens Pulver
Fedor
Gsp

Classless:
Brock Lesnar
Diaz Bros
Michael Bisping
Tito Ortiz

this is just about rite
UFC_Fanatic
4/10/11 7:07:36PM

Posted by Hendo67

Class:
Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Junior Dos Santos
Big Nog
Pat Barry
Rich Franklin
Jens Pulver
Fedor

Classless:
Brock Lesnar
Diaz Bros
Michael Bisping
Tito Ortiz

The only thing missing from your list of classless fighters is Matt Hughes. I guess Aoki might belong on there too after the shenanigans he pulled when he beat Hirota.