Classic UFC Draft Series

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » Classic UFC Draft Series
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Rabi
6/4/12 11:12:25AM
Don Frye and Marco Ruas
Rabi
6/4/12 11:15:01AM
Section 2 is 8 Man HW TUF, you cant pick a fighter that was picked in section 1.

The order for section 2 is:

1. Pookie

Main Card

1. Shogun Rua
2. Bas Rutten
3. Geroges St Pierre
4. Vitor Belfort
5. Cain Valesquez
6. Nick Diaz
7. Alistair Overeem
8. Andre Arlovski
9. Tito Ortiz
10. Kazushi Sakuraba

HW

1. Frank Mir
2. Gabriel Gonzaga
3. Antonio Silva
4. Brandon Vera
5. Cheick Kongo
6. Pedro Rizzo
7. Ricco Rodriguez
8. Kimbo Slice

2. Budge

Main Card

1. Jon Jones
2. Junior dos Santos
3. Jose Aldo
4. Randy Couture
5. Rich Franklin
6. Dan Henderson
7. Alexander Gustafsson
8. Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera
9. Mark Munoz
10. Chan Sung Jung

HW

1. Fabricio Werdum
2. Travis Browne
3. Stipe Miocic
4. Stefan Struve
5. Matt Mitirione
6. Ben Rothwell
7. Brandan Schaub
8. Dave Herman

3. jjeans

Main Card

1. Lyoto Machida
2. Anderson Silva
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Chuck Liddell
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Rashad Evans
7. Rampage Jackson
8. Josh Barnett
9. Stephan Bonnar
10. Wanderlei Silva

HW

1. Mark Hunt
2. Lavar Johnson
3. Pat Barry
4. Todd Duffee
5. Mike russow
6. Joey Beltran
7. CATCH UP PICK
8. CATCH UP PICK

4. Rabi

Main Card

1. Ben Henderson
2. BJ Penn
3. Carlos Condit
4. Shane Carwin
5. Matt Hughes
6. Nate Diaz
7. Johny Hendricks
8. Rory MacDonald
9. Roy Nelson
10. Martin Kampmann

HW

1. Tim Sylvia
2. Mark Coleman
3. Maurice Smith
4. Mirko Filipovic
5. Dan Severn
6. Kevin Randleman
7. Don Frye
8. Marco Ruas
Budgellism
6/4/12 6:18:23PM
Dave Herman
Pookie
6/5/12 1:22:21AM
Secret Weapon Alpha:

Kimbo "Kevin Ferguson" Slice
Rabi
6/6/12 3:09:11PM
Once Jay catches up we will start the next section.
jjeans
6/6/12 3:18:03PM
Sean McCorkle
Marcio Cruz
Rabi
6/7/12 6:24:10AM
Section 2 is 8 Man LHW TUF, you cant pick a fighter that was picked in section 1 or 2.

1. Budge

Main Card

1. Jon Jones
2. Junior dos Santos
3. Jose Aldo
4. Randy Couture
5. Rich Franklin
6. Dan Henderson
7. Alexander Gustafsson
9. Mark Munoz
10. Chan Sung Jung

HW

1. Fabricio Werdum
2. Travis Browne
3. Stipe Miocic
4. Stefan Struve
5. Matt Mitirione
6. Ben Rothwell
7. Brandan Schaub
8. Dave Herman

LHW

1. Antonio Rogerio Noguiera

2. jjeans

Main Card

1. Lyoto Machida
2. Anderson Silva
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Chuck Liddell
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Rashad Evans
7. Rampage Jackson
8. Josh Barnett
9. Stephan Bonnar
10. Wanderlei Silva

HW

1. Mark Hunt
2. Lavar Johnson
3. Pat Barry
4. Todd Duffee
5. Mike russow
6. Joey Beltran
7. Sean McCorkle
8. Marcio Cruz

LHW

1. Ryan Bader

3. Rabi

Main Card

1. Ben Henderson
2. BJ Penn
3. Carlos Condit
4. Shane Carwin
5. Matt Hughes
6. Nate Diaz
7. Johny Hendricks
8. Rory MacDonald
9. Roy Nelson
10. Martin Kampmann

HW

1. Tim Sylvia
2. Mark Coleman
3. Maurice Smith
4. Mirko Filipovic
5. Dan Severn
6. Kevin Randleman
7. Don Frye
8. Marco Ruas

4. Pookie

Main Card

1. Shogun Rua
2. Bas Rutten
3. Geroges St Pierre
4. Vitor Belfort
5. Cain Valesquez
6. Nick Diaz
7. Alistair Overeem
8. Andre Arlovski
9. Tito Ortiz
10. Kazushi Sakuraba

HW

1. Frank Mir
2. Gabriel Gonzaga
3. Antonio Silva
4. Brandon Vera
5. Cheick Kongo
6. Pedro Rizzo
7. Ricco Rodriguez
8. Kimbo Slice

LHW

1. Thiago Silva
2. Michael Bisping

Pookie
6/7/12 6:36:17AM
Oh hell yes. This is exactly the draft position i wanted in this round.

This round will be, by far, the hardest division to get a good 8-man roster.
Pookie
6/7/12 7:30:20AM
The Ultimate Fighter:(Barely)16 - Heavyweights

The coaches: Cain Velasquez & Alistair Overeem, prior to their Main Event at UFC 379: Pookie pounds pink panthers.

Episode 1 Recap: The fighters arrive. Dana White gives inspiring curse-laced diatribe, claims this to be the best season of TUF yet(except for TUF Brazil which is just clearly passionate). But most importantly, the Heavyweights show-off their skills in the opening elimination round.

Frank Mir(2012)(16-5) gets revenge on Wes Simms via Anklelock, and Simms taps due to Monologue speech before the start of Round 2. Both Cain and Overeem are hesitant to speak after the fight, as Frank doesn't let up for even a moment before the ushering in of the next fighters.

Gabriel Gonzaga(2008)(8-1) comes out victorious, defeating a Giant Boar via cannibalism at 3:47 in Round 3. Both coaches are impressed with Gonzaga's cardio and vicious nut kicks. Dana white mutters "Fuck" under his breath.

Bigfoot Silva(2012)(16-2) earns a Tko stoppage in the first round after an early, shaky start. Silva's opponent, "Random Strikeforce Competitor"(RSC), managed to rock Bigfoot with a wide L. Hook, R. Uppercut combo that had Bigfoot on long neck street. But RSC unfortunately broke both of his hands in the process, and succumbed to animalistic smash and crush ground and pound, after a quick takedown halfway through the opening frame.

Brandon Vera(2006)(8-0) impresses and continues his undefeated streak with a Early Round 1 KO of Fat Frank Mir at just over a minute into round 1. Vera was absurdly dominate and clearly cemented his place as the Betting Favorite to take the whole tournament.

Chieck Kongo(2009)(11-3-1) claimed his spot in the final 8 with a miraculous comeback and an even more vicious showing of brutal testical attacks than Gonzaga. His opponent, the shadow of Mirko Cro-Cop, had a tough battle from the very beginning. Shortly after injuring a rib on a missed LHK, Mirko had no time to rest as he was barraged with an outside leg kick, left knee, clinch+right knee 3 hit combo to the Croatian Treasures. Chieck went on to set a 2 round record of 116 significant groin strikes. The stoppage was at 4:48 of the final round, with Kongo down a record 79 points on the scorecards. Alistair says to Dana after the fight "Thats my guy. I want him"

Pedro Rizzo(2001)(11-1) came out with a passion and battered Josh "The Steroid Saiyan" Barnett over a grueling 2 rounds before earning a KO stoppage at 4:21 of the second round. The first round belonged to Pedro, but Rizzo gassed at the end of the round. There was some controversy after the fight, as Pedro's trainer, Korin, apparently slipped Rizzo some type of edible between rounds. Barnett's corner pointed and yelled "Senzu!" but Steve Mazagatti saw no such foul. Cain was upset with the corner's tactics but Overeem calmly stated to Dana "Senzu", and licked his lips.

Ricco Rodriguez(2002)(14-1) stunned the coaches with a grinding beatdown of "Imperfect" Couture in his opening round bout. The two were even on the feet, but on the floor Ricco out grappled and out transitioned the Greco-Android, maintaining various top positions whilst delivering a steady onslaught of Ground and Pound. After a draw and 3 sudden death rounds(Thanks to Cecil Peoples), Ricco was proclaimed victorious at 3:04 of round 5 due to TKO(Submission).

Fan Favorite, Kimbo "Kevin Ferguson" Slice(2008)(2-0) had a stunning first round submission victory in Round 1. His opponent, Male Doberman Pincher, came out aggressive and cut Kimbo early. Slice manage to seize the neck in a scramble and unsuspectedly pulled guard on the "Canine", locking up an easy Guillotine choke that Kimbo's opponent didn't even attempt to defend.

The 8-Man Quarter Finals are set, and Dana White is fucking enthused at the potential for this upcoming season. Find out who the coaches pick, next time. On, The Ultimate Fighter.
Budgellism
6/8/12 6:46:16AM
Hmmm, Ill go with Lil Nog
Pookie
6/8/12 6:50:25AM
Oh im sorry, i didn't post my tournament, i just got bored and did a TUF teaser. Figured it wouldnt matter since all the HW picks were done anyway.

But yeah, its on you budge.
Budgellism
6/8/12 6:55:28AM

Posted by Pookie

Oh im sorry, i didn't post my tournament, i just got bored and did a TUF teaser. Figured it wouldnt matter since all the HW picks were done anyway.

But yeah, its on you budge.

I read it after posting that and figured thats what you did. Did I see a Senzu bean reference in there?

Post edited
Pookie
6/8/12 7:11:13AM
I reach for Anime references when im reaching my limit.
Budgellism
6/8/12 7:21:21AM

Posted by Pookie

Speaking of Anime, how would you compare the first Naruto show to the Shippuden one? I haven't seen any of the Shippuden episodes yet, Im curious to know if its better or worse before I decide to get into it.
Pookie
6/8/12 9:12:56AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Pookie

Speaking of Anime, how would you compare the first Naruto show to the Shippuden one? I haven't seen any of the Shippuden episodes yet, Im curious to know if its better or worse before I decide to get into it.

You came to the right guy.

Shippuden is effectively the Dragon Ball Z to Naruto's DragonBall. The series becomes more centered around conflict and action. And the plot itself actually gets more and more impressive as you watch further. Certain things in the first few episodes might have been clues to foreshadowing a twist in season 3, for instance. The first season picks up a bit slow, but they lay alot of foundation for the story very early on.

Personally, i preferred DragonBall to DBZ. But I think if you like Naruto(and have seen up to the naruto v. sasuke battle) you are going to like Shippuden. Better than Bleach, even.

jjeans
6/8/12 10:53:58AM
Ryan Bader
Budgellism
6/8/12 5:13:40PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Pookie

You came to the right guy.

Shippuden is effectively the Dragon Ball Z to Naruto's DragonBall. The series becomes more centered around conflict and action. And the plot itself actually gets more and more impressive as you watch further. Certain things in the first few episodes might have been clues to foreshadowing a twist in season 3, for instance. The first season picks up a bit slow, but they lay alot of foundation for the story very early on.

Personally, i preferred DragonBall to DBZ. But I think if you like Naruto(and have seen up to the naruto v. sasuke battle) you are going to like Shippuden. Better than Bleach, even.

Thats pretty much exactly what I was hoping you would say. Naruto was great but I had some issues with the dialogue. They were reaching to a younger audience with it being on the cartoon network and at times I felt like that took away from the show. That and after a certain point the plot was just different missions over and over again, mixing up different teams.

Im fine with it starting slow. Good shows usually do. Naruto took a good 15 episodes for me to really be interested in it, same with Dragonball. I enjoyed Dragon Ball Z much more than Dragon Ball so Im thinking the same will be true here. Bleach is next on my radar.
Pookie
6/8/12 11:07:37PM
Thiago Silva
Michael Bisping
Rabi
6/9/12 2:32:34PM
Section 2 is 8 Man LHW TUF, you cant pick a fighter that was picked in section 1 or 2.

1. Budge

Main Card

1. Jon Jones
2. Junior dos Santos
3. Jose Aldo
4. Randy Couture
5. Rich Franklin
6. Dan Henderson
7. Alexander Gustafsson
9. Mark Munoz
10. Chan Sung Jung

HW

1. Fabricio Werdum
2. Travis Browne
3. Stipe Miocic
4. Stefan Struve
5. Matt Mitirione
6. Ben Rothwell
7. Brandan Schaub
8. Dave Herman

LHW

1. Antonio Rogerio Noguiera
2. Vladimir Matyushenko
3. Glover Teixeira
4. James Te Huna
5. Igor Pokrajac
6. ON THE CLOCK
7. ON THE CLOCK

2. jjeans

Main Card

1. Lyoto Machida
2. Anderson Silva
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Chuck Liddell
5. Chael Sonnen
6. Rashad Evans
7. Rampage Jackson
8. Josh Barnett
9. Stephan Bonnar
10. Wanderlei Silva

HW

1. Mark Hunt
2. Lavar Johnson
3. Pat Barry
4. Todd Duffee
5. Mike russow
6. Joey Beltran
7. Sean McCorkle
8. Marcio Cruz

LHW

1. Ryan Bader
2. Brian Stann
3. Alan Belcher
4. Fabio Maldonado
5. Sokoudjou
6. Murillo Bustamante

3. Rabi

Main Card

1. Ben Henderson
2. BJ Penn
3. Carlos Condit
4. Shane Carwin
5. Matt Hughes
6. Nate Diaz
7. Johny Hendricks
8. Rory MacDonald
9. Roy Nelson
10. Martin Kampmann

HW

1. Tim Sylvia
2. Mark Coleman
3. Maurice Smith
4. Mirko Filipovic
5. Dan Severn
6. Kevin Randleman
7. Don Frye
8. Marco Ruas

LHW

1. Forrest Griffin
2. Phil Davis
3. Ken Shamrock
4. Renato Sobral
5. Matt Hamill
6. Guy Mezger

4. Pookie

Main Card

1. Shogun Rua
2. Bas Rutten
3. Geroges St Pierre
4. Vitor Belfort
5. Cain Valesquez
6. Nick Diaz
7. Alistair Overeem
8. Andre Arlovski
9. Tito Ortiz
10. Kazushi Sakuraba

HW

1. Frank Mir
2. Gabriel Gonzaga
3. Antonio Silva
4. Brandon Vera
5. Cheick Kongo
6. Pedro Rizzo
7. Ricco Rodriguez
8. Kimbo Slice

LHW

1. Thiago Silva
2. Michael Bisping
3. Frank Shamrock
4. Keith Jardine
5. Jeremy Horn
6. Anthony Johnson
Rabi
6/9/12 2:34:25PM
Forrest Griffin and Phil Davis
Rabi
6/10/12 8:58:21AM
jjeans picks Brian Stann
Budgellism
6/10/12 9:07:04AM
Vladimir Matyushenko
Glover Teixeira (valid pick?)
Rabi
6/10/12 9:08:36AM
As long as they have fought in the ufc then the pick is valid! So yes its a valid pick!
Pookie
6/11/12 1:28:22PM
Seeing as the last pick was made on the tenth, today is the eleventh, and my own turn is bound to expire soon. My picks are:

Frank Shamrock
Kieth Jardine
Budgellism
6/11/12 7:25:06PM
I guess that means Im up. Ive gotta pick soon before I fall asleep.

James Te Huna and Igor Pokrajac
Pookie
6/11/12 7:30:51PM
I'm going to wait until i'm about to pass out before i make my next picks, So Rabi - Jjeans get to it!

By the way, due to the length of time since the last on time pick(s), it would be helpful if someone stepped in and made it clear when the 12 hour window ends, and who's technically up.
Rabi
6/12/12 1:41:07AM
Ken Shamrock
Renato Sobral
Matt Hamill
Guy Mezger

Pookie, feel free to continue to make your picks, if people miss there clock its there own fault (including me) and its up to them to catch up.
Pookie
6/12/12 4:00:27AM
Jeremy Horn
Rumble Johnson(Vitor belfort fight was contested at a CW of 195)
jjeans
6/12/12 2:09:24PM
Belcher
Maldonado
Sokoudjou
Bustamante
Pookie
6/13/12 1:18:07AM
So Budge is up for one more hour(i think), and then it's JJ again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54