City of God

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » City of God
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/26/09 12:42:36AM
I know it's a couple of years old but I watched it recently. Has anybody else seen it? I don't really watch too many foreign films but I thought this was pretty good. Those are some bad little mutha f***as that have absolutely no regard for another humans life. Just wanted to get some opinions on the film and if you haven't seen it, I recommend you do so.
kopower
9/26/09 1:45:30AM
Loved it. Actually one of my favorite movies. Crazy to think that actually happens every day there.
KaibaThedon
9/26/09 1:50:21AM
This is a portuguese movie if I am correct?

I liked it a lot. Action and adventure style lol awesome stuff
mentalcase
9/26/09 3:57:56AM

Posted by KaibaThedon

This is a portuguese movie if I am correct?

I liked it a lot. Action and adventure style lol awesome stuff

its Brazilian portuguese is there language
Jimbo
9/26/09 4:06:12AM
Great movie ! one of my favourites.

The series City of Men is really good as well.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/26/09 8:52:35AM
great movie, it's in my top 10 for sure, now if you liked city of god, i recommend you check out amores perros, also a pretty awesome flick
sparky
9/26/09 9:18:01AM
Amazing movie check out City of Men if you havent seen that yet that one is good too.
PABLOMAFIOSO
9/26/09 9:33:27AM
City of god is a great film. Definitely in my top 10, also based on a true story.
warglory
9/26/09 10:58:51AM
Excellent story. There are a ton of fantastic movies out of Brazil in the last several years. Another fantastic film dealing with the law and its corruption in Brazil is Elite Squad. Check that out.
Ordep
9/26/09 10:59:45AM
in my to 5, actually own 2 copies of it because i thought I lost the first one but found it later
Wolfenstein
9/26/09 1:33:34PM
Yeah, I can't remember how I came across this movie--I think a friend reccomended it to me a couple years ago when it was a new release on DVD, and it's one of the best movies I've ever seen. I'm not big on subtitles, but when a movies this F'n good who cares.
Aaronno9
9/26/09 3:25:50PM
Im really not one for sub-titled films but I really enjoyed this. Id reccomend it for sure.
Basshandsome
9/27/09 12:56:25AM
Amazing movie... it's in my top 10. There are tons of foreign moives that are very good. I agree with people that said to watch City of Men. I heard Tropa de elite is also very good but havn't got around to watching it yet.
Gogoplatapus
9/27/09 5:40:07PM
I just got tis movie Sin Nombre, from the same director I think. The subtitles don't work on it so I haven't watched yet but I've heard very good things about this and City of God. I'm going to try to find it now.