Cincinnati MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Cincinnati MMA
JGeyer23
7/11/07 11:20:01PM
For anyone in the Cincy area or anyone in the know.. what are some good gyms around here for mma training? I know about Jorge Gurgel's MMA Academy and the Team G-Force training facility, but besides these two are there any other good gyms? I've heard of a facility called Seiken (I have no idea how its spelled - its pronounced See-kin).. anyone have any info on that? Thanks for any info.. I'm just trying to see what all of my options are so that I don't go waste my time/money at one place without finding the right place for me
Cyclops
7/12/07 9:33:18AM
Lots of Nati people on this site. Thats awesome. If you want MMA training Jorge's school is probably the best for that. The place you were trying to pronounce is actually called Sacan. Both are awesome from what Ive heard, but, they're both just a little far for me. The place I like to go is called Boxing 4 Fitness (www.boxing4fitness.com). It's located off of Ridge Road, which is right off 71. They only advertise on the website that they train boxing, but they actually train kickboxing, MMA, jui jitsu, boxing, and maybe even wrestling. Its a great place though. The first class is free to see if you like it (which you will), and then every class after that is only 10 bucks. I take the boxing class up there every once in a while because its such an awesome core workout and everybody is really f'n cool. Plus, it relieves stress you didnt even know you had. Anyway, I hope I could be of some help. If you got any more questions, just fire away.
AmericanFighterAce
7/12/07 5:13:41PM

Posted by Cyclops

Lots of Nati people on this site. Thats awesome. If you want MMA training Jorge's school is probably the best for that. The place you were trying to pronounce is actually called Sacan. Both are awesome from what Ive heard, but, they're both just a little far for me. The place I like to go is called Boxing 4 Fitness (www.boxing4fitness.com). It's located off of Ridge Road, which is right off 71. They only advertise on the website that they train boxing, but they actually train kickboxing, MMA, jui jitsu, boxing, and maybe even wrestling. Its a great place though. The first class is free to see if you like it (which you will), and then every class after that is only 10 bucks. I take the boxing class up there every once in a while because its such an awesome core workout and everybody is really f'n cool. Plus, it relieves stress you didnt even know you had. Anyway, I hope I could be of some help. If you got any more questions, just fire away.

Sounds awesome, I live just south of the river (5 minutes) in Kentucky, and I have been looking for places to train as well in Cincinnati. In Newport Kentucky there is a Millitech Fighting System Camp. That is the only thing I know about that.

I have a couple friends of mine that trains up there with Jorge.

I will check out that Boxing for Fitness site, thanks alot!
JGeyer23
7/12/07 10:55:51PM
I work off of Ridge so that would be a great fit.. is it a good place to be if you want to compete or is it more for people who want to get in shape? I plan on eventually competing and am not into MMA just for the exercise so I was just wondering. Thanks for the info.. and do you know where Sacan is located? I would like to check that place out as well..