Chucks Cardio

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chucks Cardio
Mv356
4/15/07 10:35:15PM
What do you guys think of chuck's cardio? I mean, he looked like he was slowing down against tito in the 3rd round. I see rampage being a bad match up for chuck. Rampage, if anything, is able to take alot of punishment before going down, and I don't see chuck ending this one fast.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 10:51:55PM
I say it's not going to matter at all, no matter who wins this one is not going to go the distance. I'd be really suprised if it makes it into Rnd. 3
Ydoc
4/15/07 11:09:58PM
I dunno... he almost went 25 minutes in the Horn fight, but that match didn't go down, and I think you expend more energy on the ground. Overall I think he can be in it for the long haul.
Juggernaut
4/15/07 11:19:29PM
only reason the Horn fight went that long was because Horn kept laying on the ground. and yes, you definately do expend more energy on the ground, and Rampage is good at taking things to the ground and his slams are brutal
FortySixBelow
4/16/07 7:05:33AM
If Rampage can inflict damage on Chuck's body like he did on the first fight, I believe Chuck will gas.

Jeffanori-Gomi
4/16/07 11:17:18AM
I think Chuck is hungry to avenge his loss and I don't think he would let something as easy as cardio (well relatively easy) slow him down.
AdamG
4/16/07 12:03:49PM
I don't think that cardio will be much of a factor in this fight. Both of these guys have so much power, the fight should end pretty early. If Rampage wants to try and gas Chuck, he'll have to get him to the ground, and when was the last time you saw Chuck fight on the ground? Chuck slowed down against Tito because he had a knee injury. Rampage can take a lot of punishment, but fighters rarely ever recover from a clean shot from the Iceman.
JunCTion
4/16/07 12:10:41PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I think Chuck is hungry to avenge his loss and I don't think he would let something as easy as cardio (well relatively easy) slow him down.

i agree with the avenging part.
and since ive been watching him i have never picked him to lose a fight in the ufc
but im having a tough time with this one hes gonna have a rough time knocking Q out and if he cant do it in the first 2 rounds i think the advantage will start going Qs way. but he could have cardio issues too.
this will never go the distance. i dont even think past the 3rd. these 2 are gonna have a 1 or 2 round war.
chuck by KO or rampage by slam and GnP.
chuck has excellent take down D. but i think Q is much more agrresive than what chuck has been used to recently.

even though im leaning towards chuck, i dont think ill be able to make my pick untill a couple of days before the fight.
tepid55
4/16/07 3:30:54PM
I think Jackson will win by 4th round TKO.
JunCTion
4/16/07 3:42:25PM

Posted by tepid55

dude. theyre gonna be going at it so hard as soon as the bell rings that there is no way theyre gonna make it to the 4th round
Jeffanori-Gomi
4/16/07 3:42:43PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

and since ive been watching him i have never picked him to lose a fight in the ufc
but im having a tough time with this one hes gonna have a rough time knocking Q out and if he cant do it in the first 2 rounds i think the advantage will start going Qs way. but he could have cardio issues too.
this will never go the distance. i dont even think past the 3rd. these 2 are gonna have a 1 or 2 round war.
chuck has excellent take down D. but i think Q is much more agrresive than what chuck has been used to recently.

even though im leaning towards chuck, i dont think ill be able to make my pick untill a couple of days before the fight.

I agree. I'm betting on Chuck but I would not be suprised at all if Rampage beat him
JunCTion
4/16/07 3:44:33PM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I agree. I'm betting on Chuck but I would not be suprised at all if Rampage beat him

thats exactly how i feel. wanna pick chuck but i wanna put some $ on rampage.
Lay_N_Pray
4/16/07 3:53:00PM
I agree I dont think cardio will be to much of an issue. However I think the fight will go to the third round with Chuck punching him out for the victory.

If the fight gets into the fourth round Rampages chances of winning go way up because then cardio will be a factor, but like I said cardio shouldnt be an issue cause the fight should go about three rounds in Chucks favor.
bayonetxwork
4/16/07 5:33:49PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by tepid55

dude. theyre gonna be going at it so hard as soon as the bell rings that there is no way theyre gonna make it to the 4th round

Well it depends what gameplan Rampage comes out with. I think he could definitely hold his own on the feet, he has great defense standing up. Now I'm not saying hes going to KO Liddell, but if he decides to try and bring the fight to the later rounds, he could.

Now hopefully he'll come out like we're all anticipating, aggressive, and swining. Therefore we're guaranteed to see a highlight reel KO.
kerazzle
4/16/07 6:33:38PM
I really don't see Chuck KOing Rampage. Quinton has an excellent chin and has only been K.O'd by extensive damage in the clinch. Chuck is more of a 1 punch KO kind of guy and I dont see that really harming Rampage. Who knows though it could happen.
Ultimate_fighter
4/16/07 7:22:10PM
The Tito fight he had, when it went to the 3 rd i thought that he was gased and same when he fought white, he gassed at the end of the 1st round he could barely do his pose that he does he was to exhausted
KEENAN9
4/17/07 1:42:03AM
i think chuck will gas. rampage will take the fight places chuck hasen't been in awhile and will probably back chuck up most of the fight. rampage has better defense than randy, tito, babalou and horn, chuck will punch himself out.
cowcatcher
4/17/07 11:17:21AM

Posted by KEENAN9

i think chuck will gas. rampage will take the fight places chuck hasen't been in awhile and will probably back chuck up most of the fight. rampage has better defense than randy, tito, babalou and horn, chuck will punch himself out.

coming right at chuck isnt always the best idea as hes such a good counter puncher. to come at him you really have to be pressing into a clinch so he doesnt get a chance to extend on his punches. i dont know that rampages defense is that much better than say horn, randy or tito either and if chuck is gassed i would imagine rampage will be as well. i just dont see this fight going 4 or 5 rounds, i really think these two guys are going to be trying to finish the whole way and someone is going to get ko/tkoed by rd 3 at the latest.
essej88
4/17/07 11:53:39AM
rampage is gonna just crush chuckie, and his mohawk, WARRRR PAGE
chuck is the most overated novelty in mma, his buddy dana just keeps giving him mismatches, poster boy is going down when page is slamming him all over the octagon.
Pookie
4/17/07 2:44:43PM
This will go at least into the third
Rampage in all of his fights has taken about 3-5 minutes to warm up. Pride rounds were 10 minutes and thats why he knocked out eastman in the second round. . Chuck is a counter puncher and rampage is going to go lightly the first round getting a feel of the fight. Little action that round and i dont see either of them getting knocked out by the other in one round of brutal fighting (the 2nd round).
kerazzle
4/17/07 8:52:44PM
chuck is has been a dominating champion, and he's a great fighter, but I think Rampage is just a bad matchup. He is a guy with better technical striking (more classic boxing style), and he can take Chucks punches with little problem. I see it being a rough night for Chuck but he could always pull it out.
Cobbs666
4/17/07 9:02:38PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

you guys have so much in common
skiba97
4/17/07 9:22:14PM
I dont think chucks cardio will matter much in this fight, i cant see it going out of the 2nd round
JunCTion
4/17/07 10:37:10PM

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

you guys have so much in common

all the comments to reply to on this thread and thats all you can come up with.
teamquestnorth
4/17/07 11:39:11PM
its hard for me to say.when they first fought chuck was in kind of a slump(same year he got outstruck by randy). I think hes improved leaps and bounds since then while rampage has looked mediocre. as far as cardio is concerned rampage wrestled around with lindland for 3 rounds and didnt gas too terribly bad so if this goes past the second and theres clinching and groundwork involved i definately give this fight to rampage.
JunCTion
4/17/07 11:48:38PM
i think that most of us agree.
basically it comes down to chuck ending the fight early (rnd 1 or 2) or if it drags on passed the third round its Qs fight to win.