Chuck wanted to fight, Dana said no.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chuck wanted to fight, Dana said no.
Porch28
5/3/08 10:13:25PM
For a decade now, Chuck Liddell has been "The Iceman." But for the next four weeks he'll just be the iced man, icing his torn right hamstring every day as he tries to come back in late summer to the UFC.

LINK
RMFG_187
5/3/08 10:18:26PM
good call by Dana. If Rashad beats Chuck, his chances of getting the belt let alone having a future career would be slim. I would rather wait the extra 2 months to see a healthy Chuck.
jakeiceman
5/4/08 12:08:53AM
Liddell is a gamer, the guy would hop in the octagon tommorrow if it was up to him and thats something I admire. You also never hear many excuses from the guy. I am rooting for Forrest but I almost wouldnt mind if Rampage won because I think Liddell needs another crack at him, Rampage has been hell on him but I'm sure thats what Liddell wants as well. I'm really hoping that the Liddell/Shogun fight happens, I think thats a great matchup. I would also like to see Liddell avenge his loss to Jardine. Its hard to argue that Jardine doesnt deserve a title shot and I think that would clear up the picture alot. Either way I love watching Liddell fight and he is still one of the best in the world.
Porch28
5/4/08 7:51:34AM
Heres the pic of his leg once more just to see how bad it is

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
IriShame
5/4/08 11:21:19AM
That's horrific
JimiMak
5/4/08 1:46:06PM
I can understand wanting to fight, and props to him for that, hopefully this is a good thing and leads to the Shogun fight happening again.

But I don't understand why Chuck 'needs' another shot at Rampage. It wouldn't be a rubber match or anything. How many times do you need to see one guy beat the other? That's like saying "I can't wait for Franklin to get a shot at AS"
jgtribbett
5/4/08 1:46:19PM
at this point.. it doesnt matter if he looses to rashad... liddel will live in imfamy as long as the UFC and MMA are around.. if i were him.. id go buy a new house.. pool, hot tub.. whatever and start my own school.
colescar
5/4/08 9:30:42PM

Posted by jakeiceman

Liddell is a gamer, the guy would hop in the octagon tommorrow if it was up to him and thats something I admire. You also never hear many excuses from the guy. I am rooting for Forrest but I almost wouldnt mind if Rampage won because I think Liddell needs another crack at him, Rampage has been hell on him but I'm sure thats what Liddell wants as well. I'm really hoping that the Liddell/Shogun fight happens, I think thats a great matchup. I would also like to see Liddell avenge his loss to Jardine. Its hard to argue that Jardine doesnt deserve a title shot and I think that would clear up the picture alot. Either way I love watching Liddell fight and he is still one of the best in the world.

How many times must we see one guy beat another before people understand. This would be like watching St Pierre fight Hughes again. Why?
colescar
5/4/08 9:33:25PM

Posted by Porch28

Heres the pic of his leg once more just to see how bad it is

I dont think that is chuck. His legs are not that skinny, and havent you ever seen chucks knuckles?? They are mangled, unlike the ones in the picture. Oh well, I would rather see him lose to Shogun the lose to Rashad..

PEACE
jakeiceman
5/4/08 9:50:03PM

Posted by colescar

Posted by jakeiceman

How many times must we see one guy beat another before people understand. This would be like watching St Pierre fight Hughes again. Why?

You seem to be the authority on everything so I guess maybe I should listen to you...but uhh....no. Liddell did get his ass handed to him the first fight but the second he got caught, it happens. I'm sure because you dont want to see it again that everyone else wouldnt want to as well? I would love to see Liddell/Jackson 3. Thats what I.....emphasis on I want to see I didnt really ask you if you wanted to see it.
jakeiceman
5/4/08 9:53:45PM

Posted by JimiMak

I can understand wanting to fight, and props to him for that, hopefully this is a good thing and leads to the Shogun fight happening again.

But I don't understand why Chuck 'needs' another shot at Rampage. It wouldn't be a rubber match or anything. How many times do you need to see one guy beat the other? That's like saying "I can't wait for Franklin to get a shot at AS"

Hmmm to answer your question.....I never said it was a rubber match...I said I would like to see it again. Oh and for your information I would like to see Franklin fight Silva again. These are top caliber fighters and not a damn one of them is invincible, just because Chuck hasnt been able to beat Jackson yet, it doesnt mean that he cant. Again so I dont have to repeat myself.....I (I, I, I) wolud like to see them fight again.