How many more does Chuck have in the tank?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How many more does Chuck have in the tank?
DirtySouthBoss
2/14/07 8:16:00PM
Although The Ice Man has been dominating as of late. How much longer does he have? He's getting close to 40 and there arn't to many world class athletes that age. IMO he has about 5-6 more in him, and who should he fight with what he has left( probably 2-3 yrs). If I dont get to see the Wandy fight there is going to be problems!
hathcock32
2/14/07 8:22:11PM
i dont see him slowing down in the near future...
hippysmacker
2/14/07 8:28:22PM

Posted by DirtySouthBoss

Although The Ice Man has been dominating as of late. How much longer does he have? He's getting close to 40 and there arn't to many world class athletes that age. IMO he has about 5-6 more in him, and who should he fight with what he has left( probably 2-3 yrs). If I dont get to see the Wandy fight there is going to be problems!

I agree 5 or 6 seems about right. I think we will see him fight Rampage , Rashad, Jardine, Wandy,Rampage again, Bisping, and maybe Shogun or Lil Nog. If he's undefeated after that he's done.
argile
2/14/07 8:44:34PM
At this point i think its to late in the game for him to improve anymore, once everyone catches up, i see him going a few more years when UFC hits it's pinnacle then retiring. 7 or 8 more fights.
zephead
2/14/07 8:55:34PM
As long as he has dynomite in his hands, he'll keep going. I imagine he could go for a couple of more years. With his chin and his KO power and the sprawl he could fight until he's 40
DirtySouthBoss
2/14/07 9:24:37PM
It would be interesting to see what would happen if he gets a couple of loses in the near future what he would decide to do. Ex. rampage and the rematch. IMO he probably wont but he doesnt need to money and i wonder if he would risk his name by losing any more.
Dadaman
2/14/07 11:01:06PM
Chuck is way too smart to go past what he knows his prime is. That being said he'll probably fight about 5 or 6 more times before he hangs up his gloves. My prediction is he'll call it quits somewhere around 2010/2011. late fall early winter.

edit:

yes i do realise he's only fighting about 2 or 3 times a year then.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 11:17:54PM
my prediction is that chuck will have 4-6 more fights at 205 then move up to heavyweight

i dont see chuck retiring before 40
Lay_N_Pray
2/14/07 11:41:07PM
I just hope Chuck gives 100% until he is done, and when he loses that title I hope its to a young exciting LHW that really deserves it and will pick up where arguably one of the greatest UFC champions left off.
Reignofterror
2/15/07 4:17:02PM
4 more walloping right hands and a split decision.
corpsegrinder
2/15/07 11:35:05PM
Chuck hasn't been hurt or even taken into the third round for a long time. Unless someone changes that he's got a few years left to cement his legacy.
Greene33
2/16/07 12:19:27PM
Chuck has about 2-3 years left and about 9-10 more fights...
fedorwins1
2/16/07 1:10:26PM
about 4-6 fights left in him I think. They should be Rampage, CC, Wandy, Lil Nog. Although I can only see 1 of them happening I can still dream right.
DirtySouthBoss
2/17/07 12:11:25AM

Posted by fedorwins1

about 4-6 fights left in him I think. They should be Rampage, CC, Wandy, Lil Nog. Although I can only see 1 of them happening I can still dream right.

Im pretty sure that those fights would be the most intersesting, but we both know that they all are not going to happen!

I dont want this stuff in italics
hippysmacker
2/17/07 12:37:14AM

Posted by DirtySouthBoss

Posted by fedorwins1

Im pretty sure that those fights would be the most intersesting, but we both know that they all are not going to happen!

I dont want this stuff in italics

I think either Wandy/Shogun/or little Nog will fight Chuck before in the next year and a half. Don't lose hope, I still beleive It will be Wandy and Chuck one way or another
DirtySouthBoss
2/17/07 1:29:53AM
I think either Wandy/Shogun/or little Nog will fight Chuck before in the next year and a half. Don't lose hope, I still beleive It will be Wandy and Chuck one way or another

I hope so. For Chuck to be established as one of the greatest of all time he needs to fight one of these three. I think that it can be agreed on by everyone.
JunCTion
2/17/07 1:40:56AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by DirtySouthBoss

I agree 5 or 6 seems about right. I think we will see him fight Rampage , Rashad, Jardine, Wandy,Rampage again, Bisping, and maybe Shogun or Lil Nog. If he's undefeated after that he's done.

he always says he wants to fight the best and he wants to retire with the belt.
i think he will so best of luck to all tose guys. i would also love for him to go down to 185 a couple of times and take a shot at that belt. and even better would be for CC to drop daown to 205 to take on chuck.