Chuck vs. Shogun

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chuck vs. Shogun
Taylor8766
9/10/08 1:12:39PM
Does Chuck deserve this match-up with Shogun? IMO he does even if he has lost at LHW 3 of his last 4 fights, a win over Shogun would definetaly put him back in the running for the LHW crown, or would a fight with Hammill be more appropriate for where Chuck stands?
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/10/08 1:15:05PM
personally i think hamill is a perfect fight for both of them
DiabloFreak56
9/10/08 1:17:04PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

personally i think hamill is a perfect fight for both of them

i wanna see shogun vs chuck but hamill i think is good fit to fight either of the two.
nickcuc547
9/10/08 1:24:06PM
well i think chuck is close to the end of the line so i have no problem with him fighting the best guys possible. now that a title shot is probably out of the cards, chuck probably wants to fight the best guys he can and I love it.
wiggum
9/10/08 1:54:43PM
id rather see him fight shogun, i think i needs to happen before chuck retires, irregardless of the outcome....hammil i think is a boring fighter, in fact i cringe at the lack of technique in his all around game.....i think fights with franklin, machida are also in order., marquee matchups.... i think they need to stay away from the rematches that are being rumored
Ordep
9/10/08 3:28:39PM
IMO: "Chuck Liddell" and "LHW Title" are two terms that shouldn't be in the same sentence until mid 2009 or later.
Wolfenstein
9/10/08 3:46:59PM
Shogun has quick accurate hands. I think this would be a career ending fight for Chuck. It might be a good matchup in that Chuck could utilize his best weapon (counterpunching) as Shogun is typically the aggressor in most fights.

It would certainly be a better fight for him than the much rumored Anderson Silva bout. If that bout were to happen I think Chuck would be humiliated in a one sided bout.

aaa9erh8er
9/10/08 5:10:00PM
i wouldnt mind seeing him fight shogun but i think it would be interesting to see chuck fight rich............think on that one
haggiswashere
9/10/08 5:52:32PM
It would be a cool fight. If chuck won he would move up but if shogun won i don't know if he would move up very much at all...
cmill21
9/11/08 12:15:03AM
I think Shogun would win but I still don't like it. Shogun is still very young and has all the potential to be the next dominating UFC LHW champ if he's healthy, theres not really a good thing that would come out of Chuck beating him if it did happen. Chuck might get back into contention but he's only got so many fights left in him, so why would you sacrafice a potentially huge ppv draw for 20 fights for a guy who's got maybe 5 left? Chuck is a legend and always will be but I think his time has passed, he does so many things that smart game plans exploit(hand level, not checking kicks), and now everyone knows what works. I think Chuck should fight Randy if Randy loses to Brock for a huge PPV.
Pookie
9/11/08 12:52:01AM
I think Shogun would pick chuck apart.
Mastodon2
9/11/08 9:32:52AM
I'd love to see Shogun be the next guy to get a win over Chuck (and I think he could make it look a lot easier than Rashad did, who wasnt exactly dominating before he landed that bomb) but its only worth seeing if Shogun can come back healthy. I'd rather he had a tune up first just to see what kind of shape he is in; he looked absolutely dreadful against Forrest and appeared to be gassed before the fight even began, and I don't want to see that Shogun against Chuck. When Shogun versus Chuck does happen, I want 100% Shogun smashing him into retirement.
bls1919
9/11/08 9:23:06PM
Even if he does deserve a shot at Shogun he wont get it. One of these guys will face Rich Franklin in the near future. i think no matter who fights Frankjlin they lose.
cmill21
9/11/08 9:54:01PM

Posted by bls1919

Even if he does deserve a shot at Shogun he wont get it. One of these guys will face Rich Franklin in the near future. i think no matter who fights Frankjlin they lose.

Really? You don't think Rich would get caught in Shoguns clinch?
JiuJitsuGirl
9/11/08 11:48:31PM
check out our interview with Shogun

http://www.jiujitsugirls.com/

its on the first page and free... so happy he did this interview with us!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1