Chuck says YES to CC and Fedor but NO to Silva

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck says YES to CC and Fedor but NO to Silva
Next Page »
Mayo
3/1/07 12:47:47PM
Here's the article

He made an appearance at ...Toronto ... on the last Monday of February ... he did a short interview ...

(Re: Mirko Filipovic)
"I'll fight Cro Cop if they want me too, but I don't think they want me to do that yet."

"I always want to fight the toughest guys," Liddell explained. "I want to make a point, to prove I can beat everybody.".

(Re: Wanderlei Silva)
"It's hard to (want to) fight a guy who got knocked out twice -- and knocked out by a 185-pounder (Henderson)."

(Re: Fedor Emelianenko)
"It's a dangerous fight for me, but I think I have the stuff to beat him, the right style to beat him."

You gotta admit, Chucks got some big cojones!
I think Chuck has to start wearing this shirt when he enters the ring...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BalledBull
3/1/07 12:51:38PM
Yeh man, Those are all good matchups. If any happen its going to be a war! Thanks for the thread
Trapt1nw0nder
3/1/07 3:00:38PM
I do agree with chuck...he does have the right style to beat Fedor
roman
3/1/07 3:31:16PM
Well Liddell definitley has balls but I don't think he would stand a chance against Fedor or Cro Cop. He would definitley get knocked out by both of them. I think Henderson would also beat Chuck (hes got the tools to do it; a great chin, heavy hands, and incrediable grappling skills). I have always thought Hendo could and would beat Silva, just check out my fantasy wagers. Yeah Chuck would probably beat Silva (and it's definitley a war I want to see). But to say you wouldn't fight him because he got knocked out twice by two badass hard hitting f'ers is crazy. Lets just see what he says if he ever fights Cro Cop and gets knocked out, although the UFC probably won't allow this. That is of course if Rampage doesn't beat him first, which I think will also be a badass fight. I have tons of respect for Liddell and I know you got to have an attitude that you can beat anyone. But to say Silva, a total badass, is not worthy to fight you is IMO totally disrespectful and ridiculous.
jocksmall
3/1/07 4:29:12PM
i agree chuck would probably beat siva but silva could win that fight. i think chuck would beat dan. and cro-cop would be a bad match up for chuck the kicks could make the difference. fedor, cmon i pick fedor in every fight right now.
MartyMorgy
3/1/07 8:40:48PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

How does he have the right style for this fight? Fedor can take Chuck down from the clinch at will and has some of teh sickest GnP and subs out there. The only chance Chuck would have is if he kept it standing and even then he doesn't really have the advantage. If CC can't outstrike Fedor how would Chuck be able to? Fedor would throw Chuck around just like he did CC. I don't see anyway Chuck could take this fight.
loller90278
3/1/07 8:44:18PM
chuck wins wandy but huge possibilty for upset
chuck gets KTFO by crocop
chuck loses via sub by fedor
chuck wins TKO to sylvia
jdubs
3/1/07 10:07:36PM
those are my dream matches.. please god make it happen
mrsumo
3/1/07 11:52:39PM
The Iceman is one of the greatest champions of all time. Especially in MMA. But he is at the beginning of the end. Especially if he is truly moving up to HW. I think he would give Cro Cop a run for his money, probably even beat him, but it will cost him. I think also he is looking for a few big name fights to go out on. He doesn't want to be one of the greats who end their careers with a bunch of losses because they don't know when to quit. He knows he's ahead and should get out but like that poker player on a streak he wants just one more big one! I look forward to seeing what happens. Chuck Liddell rocks!
shawneth
3/2/07 2:20:25PM
He would beat silva,
give Cro-Cop a good run before getting KO'd (still has a mild chance though),
and wouldnt stand much a chance against Fedor.

Some huy posted above that Chuck has the perfect style for Fedor. I think it that exact opposite. Fedor's striking style = bad night for Chuck. I do not think the fight would end on the ground though.
theBLADE
3/3/07 4:35:07PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

well............no.....he doesnt
ryderstrong69
3/10/07 12:12:16AM
cool
Broknmunky
3/10/07 9:19:05AM
Chuck's got balls but he's biting off more than he can chew IMO!
zephead
3/10/07 10:29:40AM

Posted by shawneth

He would beat silva,
give Cro-Cop a good run before getting KO'd (still has a mild chance though),
and wouldnt stand much a chance against Fedor.

Some huy posted above that Chuck has the perfect style for Fedor. I think it that exact opposite. Fedor's striking style = bad night for Chuck. I do not think the fight would end on the ground though.

I think Chuck has the style to beat both Wandy and Fedor. But not Cro-Cop. Wandy and Fedor are both wild punchers. Chuck is a counter puncher. Both would throw wild punches like they always do, and Chucks looping righthand would find it's mark. I'm not saying he'd beat Fedor. Chucks problem with Fedor would be, getting taken down.

As for Cro-Cop, I think he is to techinical of a striker for Chuck. Cro-Cop wouldn't give Chuck the openings like Wandy and Fedor would. Cro-Cop wuld stalk Chuck, but not throw wild punches to give Chuck the angles he needs
Jeffanori-Gomi
3/10/07 3:10:59PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Thats what they said about Nog and CC and look what happened.

i will go as far as to say Chuck has a 30 percent chance of beating Fedor
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 4:38:39AM
you all overestimate fedor and underestimate liddell...CC is liddells biggest problem
Buddharox
3/11/07 8:11:07AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

you all overestimate fedor and underestimate liddell...CC is liddells biggest problem

It's hard to overestimate a fighter that has never lost in his fighting career (besides that cut). It's also hard to overestimate a fighter that has steamrolled every fighter put infront of him.

As for underestimating Liddell, it's not surprising people do because he's been pretty much untested since his fight with Rampage. I don't think he has a very good chance of beating CC or Fedor, but as my betting record shows, I'm not good at picking the winner :(

I say Rampage takes the belt away from him when they fight, and Chuck/CC never happen anyways.
Trapt1nw0nder
3/11/07 9:46:41AM

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Thats what they said about Nog and CC and look what happened.

i will go as far as to say Chuck has a 30 percent chance of beating Fedor

i dont even try to argue with you all on this....exactly how i predicted Diaz would beat Gomi.and Hendo/Silva.......and then it happened just the way i predicted and all i hear from you all is excuses...

so even if Chuck beats Fedor,just how i predicted...i could come here and say "i told you so" and you all would say how "Fedor underestimated him"...how "Fedor will beat him in the rematch for sure"..."it was a lucky punch"..."he was not 100%"..."chuck was on weed"..lol

how Chuck says..."if you wanna take me down,you will have to strike with me"...and Fedor cant box for shit....if he wants to go at chuck with his head down throwing overhand gorilla punches like he always does he will get KO'd the same way Sobral did with that uppercut(no..i am not comparing Fedor to Sobral)...you all have to remember that chuck has KO power moving backwards

and if for some reason Fedor does take him down chuck uses the momentum to his advantage...as soon as he hits the floor he scrambles back up in a heartbeat.He dont settle in and wait till you have him under control.
tomp6581
3/11/07 12:05:10PM
Can someone please explain (in detail) how chuck has the right style to beat Fedor.....because from what I can see, he has very few flaws in his game....the only weakness i see is to try and cut him and force a doctor stoppage.
In my opinion, Fedor would take chuck down at will and beat the shit out of him........and imagine fedor using elbows from the guard!
zephead
3/11/07 12:25:04PM

Posted by tomp6581

Can someone please explain (in detail) how chuck has the right style to beat Fedor.....because from what I can see, he has very few flaws in his game....the only weakness i see is to try and cut him and force a doctor stoppage.
In my opinion, Fedor would take chuck down at will and beat the shit out of him........and imagine fedor using elbows from the guard!

Fedor is a wild striker. There is nothing technical or crisp about his punches. He is like Wandy in that sense. Watch fights against Cro-Cop, Hunt and Fujita. Fedor lunges with his punches. He becomes offbalance. Chuck is a counter puncher who moves from side to side playing the angles.

I'm not saying Chuck would beat him. Fedor has the strength to take Chuck down and to control him. Waht I'm saying is, with Fedors wild punches and Chucks counterstriking game, it could be a different fight then what you think.

Out of Fedor, Wandy and Cro-Cop, the worst possible matchup for Chuck is Cro-Cop. Cro-Cop is a cleaner more techincal striker. Wandy and Fedor get wild and that's what plays into Chucks hands. Cro-Cop takes his time, sets you up. He doesn't get crazy. Chuck could stay outside his punching range, but it's the kicks that I think would do him in.

Randy stands a better chance against Cro-Cop and Wandy then he does against Fedor. It's all about matchups. Randy could take Cro-Cop and Wandy down and control them. But Fedor he would have more problems with. If Fedor can get Nog down and control the fight, I feel he could do the same with Randy
Trapt1nw0nder
3/11/07 12:38:48PM

Posted by tomp6581

did i not explain in detail good enough?

why would you think Fedor can take chuck down at will?

what does Fedor do everytime when he wants to get close to someone to take them down?....he rushes in like a mad man swinging punches and that just wont cut it with chuck

to tell you the truth Fedor has faught no good strikers like chuck besides Hunt and Crocop and they are both pure kickboxers
Trapt1nw0nder
3/11/07 12:41:43PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by tomp6581

Fedor is a wild striker. There is nothing technical or crisp about his punches. He is like Wandy in that sense. Watch fights against Cro-Cop, Hunt and Fujita. Fedor lunges with his punches. He becomes offbalance. Chuck is a counter puncher who moves from side to side playing the angles.

I'm not saying Chuck would beat him. Fedor has the strength to take Chuck down and to control him. Waht I'm saying is, with Fedors wild punches and Chucks counterstriking game, it could be a different fight then what you think.

Out of Fedor, Wandy and Cro-Cop, the worst possible matchup for Chuck is Cro-Cop. Cro-Cop is a cleaner more techincal striker. Wandy and Fedor get wild and that's what plays into Chucks hands. Cro-Cop takes his time, sets you up. He doesn't get crazy. Chuck could stay outside his punching range, but it's the kicks that I think would do him in.

Randy stands a better chance against Cro-Cop and Wandy then he does against Fedor. It's all about matchups. Randy could take Cro-Cop and Wandy down and control them. But Fedor he would have more problems with. If Fedor can get Nog down and control the fight, I feel he could do the same with Randy

CountryBreakfast
3/12/07 3:40:47AM
chuck is just saying what dana wants him to say , everyone at the ufc has been saying the same thing in hopes the fans forget their promise
tomp6581
3/12/07 7:40:58AM

to tell you the truth Fedor has fought no good strikers like chuck besides Hunt and Cro Cop and they are both pure kickboxers

BESIDES Cro Cop.....who is a better, more devastating striker than Chuck!!
The more relevant question is who was Chuck fought who is anywhere near as good as Fedor? Answer: Nobody.
Even look at the fights whilst he has been champ......Ortiz x2, Couture x2, Horn, White and Babalu x2..........none of these fighters are anywhere near as good as Fedor so I don’t see why (based on his fights) you see him with the best chance of beating Fedor.

Let me just clarify, I like Chuck Liddell and I don’t think Fedor is unbeatable. But IMO Chuck loses to Fedor 95 times out of 100. But whatever, it's all about opinions.

Trapt1nw0nder
3/12/07 7:59:11AM

Posted by tomp6581

to tell you the truth Fedor has fought no good strikers like chuck besides Hunt and Cro Cop and they are both pure kickboxers

BESIDES Cro Cop.....who is a better, more devastating striker than Chuck!!
The more relevant question is who was Chuck fought who is anywhere near as good as Fedor? Answer: Nobody.
Even look at the fights whilst he has been champ......Ortiz x2, Couture x2, Horn, White and Babalu x2..........none of these fighters are anywhere near as good as Fedor so I don’t see why (based on his fights) you see him with the best chance of beating Fedor.

Let me just clarify, I like Chuck Liddell and I don’t think Fedor is unbeatable. But IMO Chuck loses to Fedor 95 times out of 100. But whatever, it's all about opinions.

well...by looking at your record....i guess my opinion is more credible than yours

chuck wins 80 out of 100
Mayo
3/12/07 8:51:52AM
2 things Chuck has going for him in any fight.

1) Opponent's pride gets the best of them and they don't try to constantly get Chuck to the ground because they want to be the first to beat Chuck standing. (same would go for Fedor, he wouldn't want to take it to the ground)

2) The cage. Chuck uses the cage to help him get up from the ground by pressing his back against it and pushing himself up. If someone got Chuck on the ground in the center of the ring then I don't think Chuck could get up. I believe that's why when he fought Rampage in Pride and got taken to the ground, his corner immediately threw in the towel because he would have stayed on the ground for the rest of the round and got pounded.
kimdelevati
3/12/07 9:57:07AM
LOL @ you saying that Liddel would beat Fedor.

For gods sake, they aren't even i the same weight class. Arona would beat Liddel too (actually, he would decision Liddel, he would take him down and wait the entire fight). Shogun is a 50-50.

Ok, now you are going to look at my record and say that I don't know anything about MMA.
madmarck
3/12/07 10:00:38AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I think CC is every HW's biggest problem. And if he cuts to LHw then there are a lot more fighters out there going saying to themselves "OMFG". SO does anybody knwo about Eddie Sanchez? Was he sent to the hospital after his ifhgt with Mirko (seriously)?
Junior24
3/12/07 4:12:22PM
I blv tomp6581 said it best about Chuck's track record. Chuck is an old school ISKA/American Kickboxer not a striker. Those are his roots. Yes he has an hell of a right hand, definately no debate their. CC is a striker, Anderson Silva is a striker, Cung Le, Mick Swick, Bisping, guys like those are strikers. They use more than one thing to hurt their opponent. The leg kick Chuck used to beat Babalu doesnt count. Anywho, Fedoor beat the best "striker" in the world. Chuck is no where in the same class as CC. When Fedor gets somone to the ground, he doesnt waist time. He absolutely malls people. Fedor's doesnt have an ego. So he is not going and try to make his fight look pretty and beat someone at their own game. He is going to win indecively! If Fedor were to fight Chuck at whatever weightclass, I would seriously be scared for Chuck to be able to defend himself. Fedor fights Lindland here shortly, whom everybody thinks is the best middleweight in the world, and I wouldnt be surprised if he gets seriously hurt in this fight. Fedor and CC are in a different class of MMA.
poll77
3/12/07 5:02:19PM

Posted by Buddharox

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

It's hard to overestimate a fighter that has never lost in his fighting career (besides that cut). It's also hard to overestimate a fighter that has steamrolled every fighter put infront of him.

As for underestimating Liddell, it's not surprising people do because he's been pretty much untested since his fight with Rampage. I don't think he has a very good chance of beating CC or Fedor, but as my betting record shows, I'm not good at picking the winner :(

I say Rampage takes the belt away from him when they fight, and Chuck/CC never happen anyways.

i'll take your last $50 on a bet when liddell/rampage happens...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4