what would chuck be like in the last round of a 5 fight match

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » what would chuck be like in the last round of a 5 fight match
Huckit
3/21/07 7:49:06PM
how do u guys rate his gas tank nowadays. say if the pace against tito kept up for 5 rounds would he still be swinging or a mess?
chentay2112
3/21/07 8:05:32PM
i've gotta believe he'd still be quite fresh..
he knows he's never gonna submit somebody & KO'S are his biggest threat so he's gotta train his ass off to be able to throw big punches in the last round.
he still looked pretty good in the 3rd round against tito and the 4th against horn and being a counter puncher he's not going to burn himself out
Huckit
3/21/07 8:16:45PM
i always hear its a weakness but i cant think ive ever seen a fight where its been an issue. maybe he ends fights to fast to tell. its not like an overeem 1liter gastank
madmarck
3/21/07 8:26:59PM

Posted by Huckit

i always hear its a weakness but i cant think ive ever seen a fight where its been an issue. maybe he ends fights to fast to tell. its not like an overeem 1liter gastank

Horn is the only one who has made it past Round 3. And he has some great defence. Chuck just seems to finish everyone nowadays.
hippysmacker
3/21/07 9:23:40PM
I think this would only be an issue if someone could work him over on the ground, or actually hurt him in a fight. Since it hasn't happened in so long, I think it's a moot point. Maybe Rampage will push him that far and we'll find out.
Stickan
3/21/07 11:28:11PM
It's really depending on who he's facing. If he made it to the last round against someone really "in your face" type of fighter like Wandy used to be I'd imagine he'd be all out of gas but against a guy who's a bit more tentative like Lyoto I think he'd be fresh and fine if he hadn't been hurt.

CC is another one with usually a little bit slower pace, counter punching just like Chuck but I'd imagine that Mirkos body kicks would've depleted Chucks gas tank by the 5th round.
brodieros
3/25/07 10:58:44PM
HE hasn't gone that far in a long time. Its really hard to get him to the ground to waer him out. so if the rampage fight where to go to the fifth chuck would be as dangerous if not more so because he doesn't like decisions.

We have got to see his stamina but he lives to fight not make money so i think any fight he is ready for a long night.