Chuck's Next Opponent

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck's Next Opponent
chickmagnet
1/6/09 5:08:24PM
Im pretty sure Chuck is set to headline UFC 96 in Columbus, Ohio. But if so who does he face? He has a lot of interesting options right now.

Forrest Griffin - Possible but not likely for March
Tim Boesch - Would love to see it
Wanderlei Rematch - Dont really want to see this
James Irvin - comes back in April

I think Tim Boesch would be a great exciting fight, he is a powerful striker and a great wrestler. Boesch would have nothing to lose. He would come in an underdog but I think he would have a great chance to win the fight, Chuck has been inconsistant as of late and Boesch could make a big impact if he ended Chucks career. However if Chuck wins this impressively he'll get right back into the mix and have a possible fight with Shogun assuming Shogun beats Coleman or a possible rematch with Jardine. I think if Chuck can ccome back and destroy Tim Boesch it would be an excellent come back for him.

Thoughts?
SmileR
1/6/09 5:17:08PM

WHY?!?
That was one of the best fights of the year! I'd even throw it out there as one of the best MMA fights ever! I'd love to see a rematch! I think Chuck would take it again though.
aaa9erh8er
1/6/09 5:28:43PM
i think the forrest fight could happen i kinda hope it does id pay to see it
Hendo67
1/6/09 5:36:32PM
with Wand cutting to 185 i doubt that fight will happen.

Chuck will likely still fight top market fighters, Forrest is possible...
I'd personally like to see Shogun wreck him

Irvin called out Wandy @ 185
nickcuc547
1/6/09 5:56:15PM

Posted by SmileR

WHY?!?
That was one of the best fights of the year! I'd even throw it out there as one of the best MMA fights ever! I'd love to see a rematch! I think Chuck would take it again though.

i'm gonna be honest this fight doesn't do much for me at the time now either, both guys are reeling and a fight against one another would be devastating to their careers.
Gipper
1/6/09 6:57:56PM
wand/liddell not yet... maybe in a year or so.

i'd like to see liddell fight shogun rua

grappler0000
1/6/09 7:17:08PM

Posted by Hendo67

with Wand cutting to 185 i doubt that fight will happen.

Don't forget...Wand says he wants Liddell before he drops, so I wouldn't completely rule it out.
prozacnation1978
1/6/09 7:52:46PM
i saw the fight in dec live against wandy don't wanna see a rematch just yet

wandy will probably fight in april or may at 185 against hendo/irvin

boetsch is on the card might face jardine
luis cane has to be on the card against jardine then u would think why jardine when u have lidell

i say lidell vs cane
jardine vs boetsch

wild card might be houston alexander vs boetsch

they should have had vera vs lidell they screwed up

another could be shogun but doubt it they need to annouce fast not another two weeks before annoucing main event,

randy vs chuck?? doubt it
remember goran reljic is still available at 205

i do think cane and alxander will be fighting

u have jardine vs ??
boetsch vs ??
lidell vs ??

boetsch will face one of them
copcopps
1/6/09 8:09:59PM
Mark Coleman after he gets tooled by Shogun
Wallass
1/6/09 8:48:38PM
Brendan Vera would be a good fight for him. To bad hes signed to fiht Pratt.
F-Man
1/6/09 11:26:55PM
the rumor is that he could fight wanderlei or shogun if he beats coleman. i'm not sure if chuck has his punching power anymore. he landed a lot of big shots on wanderlei and landed a clean shot on rashad, but they both took them without too much of an issue. wanderlei looked hurt a bunch of times, but wanderlei is a guy known for getting dropped and recovering and chuck didnt drop him once. we just saw rampage take care of wanderlei with one good left hook...i dont think chuck has the power he once had.

either way, i think a fight with shogun or wanderlei would be good. i agree that a fight with wanderlei mgiht be too soon i think. i'd also rather nto see shogun fight him coming off a win. i'd rather see shogun gain a bit of steam and get back in the mix a bit.

i believe the best matchup would be chuck vs jardine since theyre both coming off losses, but it sounds like that wont happen.
prozacnation1978
1/7/09 12:53:29AM
what are u talking about?? jardine beat vera in oct
RNC
1/7/09 3:25:55AM
Matt Hamill
prozacnation1978
1/7/09 11:24:10AM
cane is out til april

looks like boetsch might fight jardine
lidell vs shogun is a main event
you got also matt hamill in the mix fighting in ohio
he could face a lidell or a jardine as well
Hendo67
1/7/09 1:21:04PM
Boetsh vs Jardine will be so hilarious to watch, imo..

F-Man
1/7/09 4:49:07PM
wow....forgot that jardine beat vera. the memory of jardine getting rapechoked by wanderlei stuck out to me much more than jardine's split decision win over vera.

it would still be a good fight to setup i think, heh.

maybe even vera vs chuck as someone mentioned earlier, but as also mentioned vera has a fight already.

theyll only setup something thatll sell, so i doubt a fight with hamill or whatever will happen.
TheCatFather
1/7/09 6:29:10PM
Lindell vs. Loser of Franklin/Hendo