Chuck is still the man!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck is still the man!
pmeout
9/7/08 7:40:24PM
...but as we find with a lot of successful veterans they continue to train with the same people for years. With that being said I think a change is a must for Chuck at this piont. Hume, Jackson, Dellagrotte or even too name a few Randy. Seems stratigising is not Hacklemans strong point. What do you guys think?
mkiv9secsupra
9/7/08 7:53:49PM
I wish chuck would train with ATT, or hell, even Greg Jackson and he could once again become invincible. There's only so much you can learn from one person and Chuck has reached that limit at The Pit. No disrespect to Hackleman but keeping Chuck their so long is only hurting him. Now that Rampage and Evans have shown everyone the best gameplan its only a matter of time before all the other camps emulate this and Chuck starts the final downhill slide. Chuck is my favorite fighter and i hope he doesnt end his career on a losing streak.
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 7:59:40PM
Oh I disagree. I agree stategy is the problem. But its not on Hackleman, its on Chuck. Hackleman is one of the best in this business. He warned Chuck repeatedly not to do that going into the Rampage fight, Chuck did not listen. Im sure John Hackleman told him in training not to do that, Chuck did it again. Im sure in training Chuck will be practicing kicks and working on wrestling, because John knows its important. In many cases the camps are the problem. I think in this particular subject, its more Chuck wants to only fight one way.
pmeout
9/7/08 8:12:11PM
Good point. But I still think branching out would do a lot for his game. He relied so much on intimidation ala Mike Tyson. Now that he doesn't seem so invincible strategy is key.
CwB
9/7/08 8:59:59PM

Posted by PrinceofTranceGlobal

Oh I disagree. I agree stategy is the problem. But its not on Hackleman, its on Chuck. Hackleman is one of the best in this business. He warned Chuck repeatedly not to do that going into the Rampage fight, Chuck did not listen. Im sure John Hackleman told him in training not to do that, Chuck did it again. Im sure in training Chuck will be practicing kicks and working on wrestling, because John knows its important. In many cases the camps are the problem. I think in this particular subject, its more Chuck wants to only fight one way.

What is it exactly that hackleman told chuck not to do...

i remember after chuck lost to rampage he admitted that he made the mistake of leading with body punch without protecting himself

in his fight with evans he threw an uppercut and got caught.

i think the problem with chuck is that it is a combination of things
-he is getting older
-he has stayed with the same game plan every single time and it is catching up with him
-the new level of competition... it is a lot harder now to be dominant then 3 years ago

honestly chuck is my favorite fighter ever and watching him lose like that is killing me and i dont want to see him fight nobodys just to get a win. it might be time to retire. (but what do i know im an idiot)
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 9:06:20PM
I was watching Chucks' Iceman thing during the Elite Kimbo show, flipping back and forth between the two, and Chuck said that John told him many times not to throw that, Chuck refused to listen.
MALICE
9/7/08 9:12:36PM

I was watching Chucks' Iceman thing during the Elite Kimbo show, flipping back and forth between the two, and Chuck said that John told him many times not to throw that, Chuck refused to listen.

Hasn't it already been established that Chuck admitted to leading to the body after Hackleman told him not to. Or am I missing what you are trying to say here?
CanadianCripplr
9/7/08 9:46:09PM
I think Icemans winning days are done, I dont mean any disrespect but I dont see him ever beating any of the top guys anymore. If they throw him some tin cans or less he might be able to win but he will never be champion again. I think those of you who think he will are in serious denial.
jawbreaker517
9/7/08 9:50:41PM
Sounds like you need alot of Chuck-loving support here. Won't get it from me. He's cooked!
casey64
9/7/08 9:51:51PM
He's a legend, he needs to fight one more time,win, and then retire.IMO
PrinceofTranceGlobal
9/7/08 10:09:28PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Hasn't it already been established that Chuck admitted to leading to the body after Hackleman told him not to. Or am I missing what you are trying to say here?

You are missing the point. It completely went over your head. That element of Hackleman telling Chuck what to do, and Chuck not listening is exactly why the camp has nothing to do with it. And look at the lead question of the subject. Its relavant to that, cause it implies its not John its Chuck's stubborness. How did you not understand that?
MALICE
9/7/08 10:22:34PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

You are missing the point. It completely went over your head. That element of Hackleman telling Chuck what to do, and Chuck not listening is exactly why the camp has nothing to do with it. And look at the lead question of the subject. Its relavant to that, cause it implies its not John its Chuck's stubborness. How did you not understand that?

Post 3 was you making your stubborn Chuck argument. Post 6 was you making the exact same argument.

I simply stated, "Haven't we already established that?". I got your point. Twice. What about that do you not understand?
prozacnation1978
9/7/08 11:13:55PM
hackleman has taken chuck as far as he could he needs to train with aka or somebody to help him evolve
holt8081
9/7/08 11:35:10PM
thanks for makeing me lose all my money chuck........................Thank you
cloud301336
9/8/08 12:25:44AM
if chuck loses one more time then he's washed up. IMO he's still a force to be reconed with, and for what its wroth chuck did win the first round in that fight, it looked to me that he was going to pound his way to a discison victory but Rashad just did his thing that night and sat back and waited too land that same crippling over-hand right that Jackson did. if chuck would have been less agressive the second round he wouldn't have got knocked out, not too take away anything from Rashad he had a great fight that night.
Drudinh
9/8/08 2:28:24AM
Jackson's right was nothing campared to what Evans threw. That was a nasty KO and Dellagrotte knew that if Evans stuck to the gameplan that he would get the look. Chuck is awesome and still has fight left... as long as he works with more than just a one dementional style and camp. Dude is tough and I'd hate to see him leave because he is one of the reasons I began to love mma.
haggiswashere
9/8/08 3:47:26AM
hey if there are some actual chuck fans here please go to his mmajacked.com profile. He is goin through a tough time and needs support. just leave him some comments on his page plz. thanks
hails
9/8/08 5:03:47AM
How about this!!!

We give hime one more chance!!! Then after that I will make my final decision!!!

He is on a win basis!!! He keeps winning or he is done!!!

That my 2cents!!!

I was so shocked!!! I've seen him be dropped twice now, and both of them were real bad!!!
smky213
9/8/08 10:59:49AM
why is evryone so on chucks nuts hes old and he sucks
dddny
9/8/08 11:13:12AM
Agree Chuck won the first round. I do agree with some of the posts that he seems to lack a sound strategy (or at least fails to stick with it) in his fights.

I also think he's a one-dimensional fighter: arm's length punching. If he's going to continue to be relevant he needs to expand his arsenal. Maybe that does mean changing up his training camp/trainer.

All Chuck had to do to win that fight was be willing to win on points - but because it seemed he wanted to knock Rashad out, he got suckered into chasing him around the ring. It felt like to me that Rashad's mild show-boating made Chuck even more determined to land the KO - which played right into Rashad's hands.

Note to Chuck: If a figher is simply backing up from you the entire fight, don't chase him, let him come back to you - your opponent certainly isn't going to score any points from the judges by running away from you (like Rashad was the entire first round).

Chuck is the man still - he's got as much heart and mental toughness as anyone in that division, he just needs to work on tactics and strategies and execute them in the fight.

BTW - no one in that LHW division is going to dominate for a long time. Too many stellar fighters stacking that division. It's great for us fans.
Canadian-Pain
9/8/08 12:18:36PM

Posted by smky213

why is evryone so on chucks nuts hes old and he sucks

People are giving him something he's earned - Respect, you should learn how.
If you think 38 is old, Watch Couture fight Lesner. If you think he sucks, Wonder why he was in the MAIN EVENT ?
fisher1202
9/8/08 12:48:26PM

Posted by casey64

He's a legend, he needs to fight one more time,win, and then retire.IMO

JohnnyNapalm
9/8/08 3:18:40PM
Live by the sword die by the sword.

Thanks to Chuck and Rashad for making it a fan friendly fight by putting your chins on the line. Not every fight needs to be like that to make it interesting but it's nice to watch those "rock'im sock'im" style fights once in awhile.

Guys like Chuck, Wandy, Guida, Huerta, Forrest, Penn, Crocop and many others fight in such a manner that leaves them vulnerable to getting rocked and Chuck got rocked the f**k out. It'll happen to all those guys sooner or later.