Chuck Liddell wants to rematch Keith Jardine at UFC 96 on March 7

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chuck Liddell wants to rematch Keith Jardine at UFC 96 on March 7
MMAcca
12/20/08 1:02:34PM
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell is calling for a rematch against Keith Jardine at UFC 96 at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, on March 7, according to a recent radio interview on The Tom Leykis Show.

Here’s a snip:

“There’s been a few names. We have Jardine listed. We want him in March.”

LINK
Twenty20Dollars
12/20/08 1:05:10PM
I'm not really interested in seeing that rematch. Who else is on that list chuck, because im saying NEXT.
ThePlague
12/20/08 1:18:19PM
I'm not sure why that really needs to happen. Just because Chuck was the heavy favorite and lost, that doesn't mean there was something wrong with the result. It would be cool if they needed to fight again to determine a #1 contender, but there are plenty of other exciting matchups out there for Chuck.
warglory
12/20/08 1:20:33PM
I think it's a good match actually, the only problem is it's kind of a long layoff for both fighters. Chuck may be fine since he is guaranteed a huge payout, but I am guessing Keith needs the money a bit more. IF they can guarantee a nice bonus for Keith, I say this is a good fight for both their careers. Keith can prove his win over Chuck was no fluke, and Chuck can show the world he still has what it takes. IF Chuck loses this match, I think it will be time to think about retirement, and if Keith wins, it could propel him into title contention along with Silva and Machida.
MikeyG
12/20/08 2:33:06PM
seeing as how hes poster boy i see him getting whatever he wants, its kinda sad that technically he can decide his next fight
clintjack
12/20/08 2:41:30PM
The only poster boy he is, is of Rashad Evan's highlight reel!
Bowen50
12/20/08 3:12:09PM
i think Chuck should wait for Machida to whoop Thiago's ass and then take a fight against Thiago. that would be a great match up.
cloud301336
12/20/08 4:18:18PM
NO. don't listen to anyone liddell you must get that rematch with the "dean of mean" but this time if you lose i think its time to hang up the gloves.
haggiswashere
12/20/08 8:32:48PM
just stay away from greg jackson chuck atleast til later on, not when its such a risk to lose one more.
dannyfrank
12/20/08 10:12:03PM

Posted by haggiswashere

just stay away from greg jackson chuck atleast til later on, not when its such a risk to lose one more.

what if he did rematch jardine but BOTH of them tweak their nipples!
bls1919
12/20/08 11:20:18PM
Maybe put him in there against Luiz Cane. Then at least he'll get KO'd by a guy who is deserving. Actually would be a great fight IMO. But Cane is rumored to fight Anderson Silva next. i would also like to see if chuck could defend takedowns from matt Hamill. not that i want to see Matt getting Kod but it would be a great Wrestler vs Striker match.
motorboatensob
12/20/08 11:20:28PM
Makes really good sense both coming off a lose and there isn't any one else for them to fight right now. Good fight for Keith would put him back on the wining track and if Chuck wins and Rampage loses it could set up another fight with them. After that any of these three could be right back in line for the title.
DuncanFan819
12/21/08 3:23:44AM
Jardine should get a shot at another real contender next, not Liddell.
haggiswashere
12/21/08 3:45:39AM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by haggiswashere

what if he did rematch jardine but BOTH of them tweak their nipples!

Beer would probably ooz out of chucks and he would be disqualified

I love Chuck he needs to fight someone else. greg jacksons team has his number.
dannyfrank
12/21/08 9:12:04AM

Posted by motorboatensob

Makes really good sense both coming off a lose and there isn't any one else for them to fight right now. Good fight for Keith would put him back on the wining track and if Chuck wins and Rampage loses it could set up another fight with them. After that any of these three could be right back in line for the title.

keith jardine just beat brandon vera
higdon10
12/21/08 11:19:51AM
In all honesty, any fight is a risky fight for Chuck. If he loses this next fight he is going to have to think long and hard about retirement. If he ends up fighting Jardine, I think that the end is near.
Ordep
12/21/08 12:48:30PM
@ the people mentioning Liddell and "title" in the same argument. As long as he stays in The Pit, he wont be champ again, too unidimensional and everybody can read him. I don't see him beating any of the top contenders at 205 right now. He WAS a dominant champ when 205 was very shallow, not anymore.
motorboatensob
12/23/08 1:15:29PM
Thats right I forgot but my seven year old could beat Vera right now.
motorboatensob
12/23/08 1:17:12PM

Posted by Ordep

@ the people mentioning Liddell and "title" in the same argument. As long as he stays in The Pit, he wont be champ again, too unidimensional and everybody can read him. I don't see him beating any of the top contenders at 205 right now. He WAS a dominant champ when 205 was very shallow, not anymore.

So whats that say about Wandy then
Wolfenstein
12/23/08 1:27:37PM
I'm not ready to write Chuck off just yet. He's hit a slump and lost a lot of competetive matches but I don't think he's been overmatched and outclassed by anyone. Wanderlei went through a similar slump losing 3 of 4 and no one is ready to write Wanderlei off yet (and Chuck beat him). In fact people are talking about giving him a title shot if he should defeat Quinton.

The rematch makes sense for both fighters I think, as Jardine is coming off a less than stellar victory and Chuck is again coming off a loss. If Jardine wins he's beaten a legend twice, if Chuck wins maybe he's not so far over the hill after all.

I'm not really interested in the match, but at some point this fight is going to happen.

xxTapoutxx
12/29/08 6:24:50PM
hes only calling out keith Jardine because hes on the only known fighter at LHW that he can beat other than Wanderlei silva and silva won't be fighting for a while after being beheaded by Rampage