Chuck Liddell wants rematch with Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chuck Liddell wants rematch with Jardine
Next Page »
juanez13
3/7/08 6:29:02PM

“Of course I’d consider a rematch with him - that’s one of the things I really want to do. I want to get back and settle that, I was off that night, I wasn’t quite me at UFC 76. I don’t know if he’s someone who can get into title contention - we’ll see what happens - but if I’ve got the title then for sure, I’m going to ask for him. When I get the title back I’m going to ask for a fight against him. I’m going to give him a shot at it.”

Them’s fightin’ words. Chuck doesn’t even know if Jardine’s a guy who could get into title contention? C’mon, Chuck. He beat you, right? I think that automatically puts him into the title picture. He may not be the number one contender or anything right now, but to question whether or not he can get to that status is a little crazy. He might want to be a little more focused on the task at hand, a fight with Rashad Evans who is a teammate of Jardine, than talking about who he’s going to ask for when he gets the title back. Personally, I don’t see Chuck taking the title back so this is all moot.

LINK
papercut
3/7/08 6:32:35PM
if they get a rematch I think its going to be the same outcome as last time jardine will hold out for 3 rounds and pound out a unanimous decision. chuck seems to be slowing down a bit not exactly a young buck anymore
cmill21
3/7/08 6:33:39PM
I agree, I think there are quite a few guys who can beat chuck. IMO most skilled strikers would beat him if they used kicks, knee's and their hands(not what Wand did lol). I really think Jardine would do the same thing in a rematch, it's not like Chuck didn't do what he always does, he honestly looked 100% the exact same as he always has to me, he was just fighting a guy who can kick and who can beat him without it being on the ground.
tuvok500
3/7/08 6:39:24PM
I don't think Liddell will beat Rashad, so i don't see him having more chance to beat Jardine in a rematch .

Aaronno9
3/7/08 7:01:34PM
I think he'd beat jardine if they ever rematched. Theres a reason people dont use knees and elbows against chuck, and thats becouse they cant get in close. The one time it happened in the wandy fight, it was silva who got smashed with an elbow. It sucks for chuck he lost to jardine, becouse now it seems everybody thinks anybody with good head movement and kicks is going to beat him.
3/7/08 7:07:00PM
Is anyone suprised that chuck wants a rematch, he wants a rematch with everyone he has lost to. He would probably fight rampage as many time as it take to beat him.
papercut
3/7/08 7:15:06PM

Posted by 905010

He would probably fight rampage as many time as it take to beat him.

so basically he'll be fighting rampage until he retires
cmill21
3/7/08 7:23:35PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I think he'd beat jardine if they ever rematched. Theres a reason people dont use knees and elbows against chuck, and thats becouse they cant get in close. The one time it happened in the wandy fight, it was silva who got smashed with an elbow. It sucks for chuck he lost to jardine, becouse now it seems everybody thinks anybody with good head movement and kicks is going to beat him.

I've acctually thought Chuck would always lose to good strikers, he has good power but everything else is not good at all IMHO. His hands are to low, he doesn't check kicks, he does so many things sooo technically wrong, but it works rediculously well against grapplers.
NatedawgThaM
3/7/08 7:46:26PM
with that post and your first one.

Chuck looked fine that night. If he actually blocked kicks he probably would have won. Jardine would win a decision with kicks again in the rematch. And I'm sick of hearing "once I win my title back." He'll never win it as long as Rampage is in the UFC. Rampage has nothing to prove against him so I don't even see there being a 3rd!

I honestly believe Chuck should not get a title shot until he beats Jardine who embarrassed and exposed him. But something tells me it's Rampage/Chuck 3 after he beats out a decision against Rashad since he's lost that KO power since he couldn't finish Jarine or Wandy who were right in front of him the whole time and plus Rashad will be running since he wouldn't even stand with Bisping.

I also agree Chuck will lose 9 out of 10 against good technically sound strikers who can kick and follow with punches like Jardine did.
bls1919
3/7/08 7:55:48PM
Chuck needs to slow his roll and focus on Rashad. I think he'll beat rashad and get a title shot after Rampage/Forrest
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 7:57:15PM
lets take a look at who would probably beat him...

jardine (rematch)
forrest
bonnar...(yeah i said it)
*rampage...(again)
wandy...(wandy wasnt himself in that first fight)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
rashad (probably, and hes not even a "striker")
soko
*houston
*anderson silva (if moved up in weight class)

(*)=definatly beats chuck

chucks got a few more ok matchups but i fear they'll give him an undeserving shot at the belt too soon, like couture got against sylvia after losing 2 in a row and losing his last fight at HW
grappler0000
3/7/08 8:19:35PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

jardine (rematch)
forrest
*rampage...(again)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
soko
*houston

You forgot to mention the ring girls and referees...I'm sure they could beat him too
Aaronno9
3/7/08 8:20:23PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

jardine (rematch)
forrest
*rampage...(again)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
soko
*houston

chucks got a few more ok matchups but i fear they'll give him an undeserving shot at the belt too soon, like couture got against sylvia after losing 2 in a row and losing his last fight at HW

C'mon now, im not going to argue about what i think of chucks striking becouse ive done it to many times now and its annoying, but youve got to me shitting me??

Boetsch?!?!? the guys had one fight in the ufc, and it wasnt exacly against a stellar opponent. Forrest griffin, as much as i like him, would be a perfect match for chuck imo. Theres just a whole class differance between him and stephan bonnar. Houston "definatly" beating chuck is lol worthy. Hes just beaten wandy. Some of the guys on your list just arent justifyable.

All i can say is wow.
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 8:20:45PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BlazinSaddle

jardine (rematch)
forrest
*rampage...(again)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
soko
*houston

You forgot to mention the ring girls and referees...I'm sure they could beat him too

yeah ariani would smack him up til thursday, good call duder
jiujitsufreak74
3/7/08 9:26:58PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

jardine (rematch)
forrest
*rampage...(again)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
soko
*houston

dude i am no fan of Chuck Liddell but i am not ignorant enough to completely disregard his success as a fighter. that has to be one of the grossest underestimations of Chuck Liddell that i have ever seen
juanez13
3/7/08 9:49:01PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by BlazinSaddle

jardine (rematch)
forrest
*rampage...(again)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
soko
*houston

dude i am no fan of Chuck Liddell but i am not ignorant enough to completely disregard his success as a fighter. that has to be one of the grossest underestimations of Chuck Liddell that i have ever seen

agreed. you are vastly understimating chuck's skills as a fighter.
Pookie
3/7/08 9:50:29PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

jardine (rematch)
forrest
*rampage...(again)
boetsch
*shogun
*machida
*thiago silva
soko
*houston

Bonnar,
forrest,
boetsch(wtf?)
thiago Silva,
Rashad,
Soko,
and houston alexander all match-up terribly against chuck liddell.

Bonnar is better on the ground than on his feet, and hes still not op of the pyramid. He has no real takedown skills, and would be forced into a striking exchange. he'd get caught

Forrest would stand with him and hope he could outbox him, but watch the first round of the rua fight where rua had some energy, he was tagging him relentlessly while having very limited explosiveness off his legs. Someone with chucks power would put forrest away just like jardine did.

Boetsch, wow....

Thiago Silva has good ko power, but is sloppy in his stand-up. Irvin was getting the better of him on the feet. Chuck is much more accurate then Irvin, and has an incredible sprawl. Thiago wont be able to take a punch to give one against someone who has more power and better technique. Until Thiago can show that he has another way of attacking that doesnt involve getting hit i cant credit his ability to do so.

Rashad, just like tito, except with worse wrestling and better hands. He wont get him down, and will get caught in the exchanges.

Soko's chin is suspect and if they were to go shot for shot, soko will more than likely go down first... but who knows, soko does have voodoo magic ko power in his hands. he might catch chuck first.

Houston Alexander has small arms and his clinch skills are a few steps below wandy. If they cant clinch him, alexander wont.

anderson silva, rampage, shogun, jardine, machida, and maybe wandy are the only people you named with true validity in your claim.

BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 9:56:10PM
yall need to find something else to do than bash opinions, im sure i'll get a 5 page review on this post too....lol
jiujitsufreak74
3/7/08 9:59:01PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

yall need to find something else to do than bash opinions, im sure i'll get a 5 page review on this post too....lol

or you can actually put some time and effort into your opinions. really don't see how you didn't expect responses after posting something so bold. doesn't make sense to complain about people being critical of you on a forum where you make a statement like that. if you don't like it when people point out your inaccuracies then don't post.
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 10:02:32PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

or you can actually put some time and effort into your opinions. really don't see how you didn't expect responses after posting something so bold. doesn't make sense to complain about people being critical of you on a forum where you make a statement like that. if you don't like it when people point out your inaccuracies then don't post.

how did i know i would get a review on that, lol, who freakin cares what somebody thinks what a stupid thing to get butthurt about somebody you'll never meet and pick and choose arguments, thats my point, not that i didnt put time in it, i did that on purpose to see the bashing, personally its funny to me buddy, i say let it continue
jiujitsufreak74
3/7/08 10:03:38PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

how did i know i would get a review on that, lol, who freakin cares what somebody thinks what a stupid thing to get butthurt about somebody you'll never meet and pick and choose arguments, thats my point, not that i didnt put time in it, i did that on purpose to see the bashing, personally its funny to me buddy, i say let it continue

you knew you would get a review on it because it was a stupid post
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 10:06:13PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

stupid? lol the only stupid thing was that people like you get butthurt about an opinion, so i dont think chuck is that good against strikers or even top 10's, why dont you go hug on davis's nuts some more then when he gets beat you can find a new guy to hug on, jeezes crhist this is a stupid argument, it ends here
Pookie
3/7/08 10:07:44PM
This is a discussion board, if you are going to get butthurt by people responding to something you say... don't post.
jiujitsufreak74
3/7/08 10:10:09PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

stupid? lol the only stupid thing was that people like you get butthurt about an opinion, so i dont think chuck is that good against strikers or even top 10's, why dont you go hug on davis's nuts some more then when he gets beat you can find a new guy to hug on, jeezes crhist this is a stupid argument, it ends here

please leave these forums...it is a worse place with you here. you post so many useless things, pick fights with users and post opinionated ideals and then freak out when someone refutes your view. you mock the prop system yet whore for them, you complain about people getting "butthurt" yet you exhibit this quality more then anyone on here and you seem to have the the brainpower of a wet noodle. i am going to stop responding to your posts to save me the trouble of pointing out how ill founded some of them are and will continue to post on here as if the nuisance that is your existence wasn't around.
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 10:11:28PM
dude i said bring it on earlier, this is hilarious that yall are getting butthurt tis not me that is upset, this is priceless, keep it going seriously i dont care
Pookie
3/7/08 10:12:19PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

please leave these forums...it is a worse place with you here. you post so many useless things, pick fights with users and post opinionated ideals and then freak out when someone refutes your view. you mock the prop system yet whore for them, you complain about people getting "butthurt" yet you exhibit this quality more then anyone on here and you seem to have the the brainpower of a wet noodle. i am going to stop responding to your posts to save me the trouble of pointing out how ill founded some of them are and will continue to post on here as if the nuisance that is your existence wasn't around.

BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 10:15:35PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

lol your priceless kid, is that all you got for an insult? are you a skod? nuisance that is your existence wasnt around, wow you really got me, i guess your smarter than me because we disagree again, woop woop, come on kid is that all you got bring it on this is hilarious
Pookie
3/7/08 10:18:08PM
whats a skod?
even google doesnt know.
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 10:23:32PM

Posted by Pookie

whats a skod?
even google doesnt know.

emo goth kid, i think its slang, lookup a slang dictionary maybe idk
Aaronno9
3/7/08 10:35:34PM

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Posted by BlazinSaddle

Well, wandy is both a top 10 and a striker, and chuck faired alrite there. Also, when he beat babalu, tito and randy (i know there all grapplers before you mention it) there where largley considered top 10 at the time.
Pages: [1] 2