Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva later this year...??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva later this year...??
« Previous Page
POLL: Who's gonna take this one..?
Chuck TKO 43% (26)
Chuck Decision 3% (2)
Chuck Sub. 0% (0)
Wandy TKO 52% (31)
Wandy Decision 2% (1)
Wandy Sub. 0% (0)
cmill21
6/6/07 8:21:10PM
How do you not think he dominated the second fight? KO 1:53 in landed a big shot before the eventual KO punch, Liddell looked completly overmatch in the 1:53 he was awake. I don't know, I'm sure chuck's a great fighter, but he has to prove to me that he can beat a fellow striker
xthe_scottx
6/6/07 8:32:47PM

Posted by cmill21

How do you not think he dominated the second fight? KO 1:53 in landed a big shot before the eventual KO punch, Liddell looked completly overmatch in the 1:53 he was awake. I don't know, I'm sure chuck's a great fighter, but he has to prove to me that he can beat a fellow striker

One punch is not domination. If Rampage took Liddell down at will at out struck him for 15 minutes like the first then it would be domination. In the second fight, Rampage threw 3 punches before the KO, that's not domination.
cmill21
6/6/07 8:44:20PM
If chuck knocked rampage out in 1:53 after throwing the same punches I garentee people would be saying "chuck dominated". I'm not saying your a nuthugger or anything, I just think that the UFC has hyped chuck up soo much, and they still want him to be there poster boy, not rampage. Like rampage said after the fight "If he aint happy i'll whoop his ass again". I just can't see chuck coming back, with the influx of former PRIDE guys coming in who are better then rampage, and regaining his title.
xthe_scottx
6/6/07 8:48:50PM

Posted by cmill21

If chuck knocked rampage out in 1:53 after throwing the same punches I garentee people would be saying "chuck dominated". I'm not saying your a nuthugger or anything, I just think that the UFC has hyped chuck up soo much, and they still want him to be there poster boy, not rampage. Like rampage said after the fight "If he aint happy i'll whoop his ass again". I just can't see chuck coming back, with the influx of former PRIDE guys coming in who are better then rampage, and regaining his title.

Your right that if Liddell won then people (by people I mean fans who don't know a lot about the sport) would say he dominated and I appreciate that we can discuss this in a mature manner but I still disagree. If Wanderlei vs Liddell happens though feel free to send me a wager for any amount.
cmill21
6/6/07 9:32:23PM
LOL ok, agree to disagree. I too am very pleased with the level of maturity most people on this site can discuss certain things. And if it happnes I will place a wager with you.
Aether
6/7/07 4:14:19AM
this site is good for that... people rarely start throwing around personal insults when they disagree.
jocksmall
6/7/07 8:46:26PM
i will never count out chuck he is the man ,BUT, this may be another bad match up for chuck. wandy is another guy who will push the pace and throw down. i had to pick wandy.
cmill21
6/7/07 9:34:38PM
Anyone think it'll end by submission? hahaha.
mkiv9secsupra
6/7/07 11:11:14PM

Posted by cmill21

haha, chucks gonna come out and shoot for a takedown, then GnP the fight until he finishes it with a gogoplata(sp?)............
cmill21
6/7/07 11:42:31PM
Hahaha I honestly had a very good chuckle about that one.
Kastro
6/8/07 7:45:43PM
Whenever a big fighter loses, it seems like lots of people suddenly lose respect for him...

Many people picked Wanderlei Silva over Cro Cop, but we saw in that fight that Wanderlei isn't a "crisp" striker, he throws wild punches (which are very hard, dont get me wrong) and rushes in, Chuck on the other hand throws straight and overhand punches and likes for people to come towards him (like Wanderlei does to most his opponents, he throws and goes forward, just what Chuck wants).

Im not saying Rampages win was a fluke, but Chuck got caught, any fighter can get caught..

I think this fight is going to end by knockout, im picking Chuck Liddell, only thing Liddell has to watch out for is the wide punches and he must avoid the clinch, if Wanderlei wins I see him landing one of his wild punches and or getting the clinch and doing massive damage with his Muay Thai knee's.

Cant wait for this to happen.
mkiv9secsupra
6/8/07 8:30:23PM

Posted by Kastro
Liddell has to watch out for is the wide punches and he must avoid the clinch, if Wanderlei wins I see him landing one of his wild punches and or getting the clinch and doing massive damage with his Muay Thai knee's.

wandy is good with the knees but watch liddells elbows in the clinch. Liddell is very good in the clinch.
iwannabesedated
6/10/07 6:22:56PM
I hope to hell this fight happens...cause im tired of seeing a Thread on this topic every week...theres a new one.....related to this fight...im not even going to pick a winner on this fight...ill consider myself a winner so i dont have to see another chuck vs wandy thread....
hippysmacker
6/10/07 11:45:54PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by cmill21

haha, chucks gonna come out and shoot for a takedown, then GnP the fight until he finishes it with a gogoplata(sp?)............

Funny as that sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if either one went for a takedown if they got rocked. Neither one has ever been 1 punch Koed, so it stands to reason that they are both smart enough to go for a takedown( or at least clinch ) when they get rocked. If they do fight I think it will be a 2 round war either way.
johny_rotten
6/11/07 12:25:35AM

Posted by Kastro

Whenever a big fighter loses, it seems like lots of people suddenly lose respect for him...

Many people picked Wanderlei Silva over Cro Cop, but we saw in that fight that Wanderlei isn't a "crisp" striker, he throws wild punches (which are very hard, dont get me wrong) and rushes in, Chuck on the other hand throws straight and overhand punches and likes for people to come towards him (like Wanderlei does to most his opponents, he throws and goes forward, just what Chuck wants).

Im not saying Rampages win was a fluke, but Chuck got caught, any fighter can get caught..

I think this fight is going to end by knockout, im picking Chuck Liddell, only thing Liddell has to watch out for is the wide punches and he must avoid the clinch, if Wanderlei wins I see him landing one of his wild punches and or getting the clinch and doing massive damage with his Muay Thai knee's.

It is funny how the tide has turned on people picking the winner of this fight. After Wandy took out Rampage for the 2nd time it was a land slide with every hard core fan picking Wandy. Then Wandy starts to look human against Arona, and people start leaning towards Chuck. Wandy loses to Cro Cop and everyone was picking Chuck. Now that Chuck lost everyone is back on Wandy.
TheIcePick
7/13/07 9:41:33PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

-------------------------------------------------------------------
So i guess this fight is gonna happen.....I still think Liddell will end it in the 1st...but i really hope Liddell works hard and losses that beer belly at least,and show us that he is serious in his comeback..

If somehow Liddell were to lose to Jardine im not sure this fight would ever happen. Why should Wandy fight him then? Its not getting him any closer to a title fight. If Chuck loses then Wandy should fight loser of Rampage/Henderson. Then get a shot at the belt or god fobid he might have t ofight fellow chute box fighter Shogun.
hippysmacker
7/13/07 10:10:52PM

Posted by TheIcePick

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

So i guess this fight is gonna happen.....I still think Liddell will end it in the 1st...but i really hope Liddell works hard and losses that beer belly at least,and show us that he is serious in his comeback..

If somehow Liddell were to lose to Jardine im not sure this fight would ever happen. Why should Wandy fight him then? Its not getting him any closer to a title fight. If Chuck loses then Wandy should fight loser of Rampage/Henderson. Then get a shot at the belt or god fobid he might have to fight fellow chute box fighter Shogun.

Well, if Chuck lost they would just bothe be 0 for their last 2. Anyway, I want to see this fight regardless of A Jardine upsert. In the 3 years I've really been into MMA, I have bought every available UFC/Pride DVD, and heard so many arguments about these 2 fighting .Having seen them fight so many times, sure I got an opinion, but we will never KNOW unless they finally fight. This fight has to happen eventually, otherwise it will be a perpetual unprovable argument forever. I just want people to stop speculating, Is that too much to ask?
Northrend
7/13/07 11:49:18PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Kastro

It is funny how the tide has turned on people picking the winner of this fight. After Wandy took out Rampage for the 2nd time it was a land slide with every hard core fan picking Wandy. Then Wandy starts to look human against Arona, and people start leaning towards Chuck. Wandy loses to Cro Cop and everyone was picking Chuck. Now that Chuck lost everyone is back on Wandy.

I allways pick Wandy, even if he is fighting Fedor/Crocop/Hunt all at once!
nubby
7/14/07 3:12:12AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by TheIcePick

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

If somehow Liddell were to lose to Jardine im not sure this fight would ever happen. Why should Wandy fight him then? Its not getting him any closer to a title fight. If Chuck loses then Wandy should fight loser of Rampage/Henderson. Then get a shot at the belt or god fobid he might have to fight fellow chute box fighter Shogun.

Well, if Chuck lost they would just bothe be 0 for their last 2. Anyway, I want to see this fight regardless of A Jardine upsert. In the 3 years I've really been into MMA, I have bought every available UFC/Pride DVD, and heard so many arguments about these 2 fighting .Having seen them fight so many times, sure I got an opinion, but we will never KNOW unless they finally fight. This fight has to happen eventually, otherwise it will be a perpetual unprovable argument forever. I just want people to stop speculating, Is that too much to ask?

It's the hardest thing in the world to do. Wandy 2nd round TKO.
Pages: 1 [2]