Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva later this year...??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck Liddell vs Wanderlei Silva later this year...??
Next Page »
POLL: Who's gonna take this one..?
Chuck TKO 43% (26)
Chuck Decision 3% (2)
Chuck Sub. 0% (0)
Wandy TKO 52% (31)
Wandy Decision 2% (1)
Wandy Sub. 0% (0)
Trapt1nw0nder
6/4/07 5:58:54AM
Source..
------------------------------------------------------------------
"The road back to the belt will not be easy. It will begin with a long-awaited fight against Wanderlai Silva, probably sometime toward the end of the year. Silva, like Liddell, recently lost his Pride light heavyweight belt to Dan Henderson, in a fight staged in Las Vegas, shortly before the UFC bought the Japanese-based organization.Liddell-Silva is a fight that UFC president Dana White has been trying to make for a while, going to the extreme of bringing Silva into the ring during a UFC card, asking him who he wanted to fight, and Silva responding that he wanted Liddell.

“It’s going to be a striking battle,” Liddell said of the matchup with Silva. “Who’s going to hit harder and throw more punches. I think from the things I’ve seen (of him) that’s what it will be.” .."
-------------------------------------------------------------------

So i guess this fight is gonna happen.....I still think Liddell will end it in the 1st...but i really hope Liddell works hard and losses that beer belly at least,and show us that he is serious in his comeback..
Mastodon2
6/4/07 12:08:53PM
I wouldnt bank on this one happening before the end of the year, it will be early 08 when I happens I think, but again, I think just like Rampage, Liddell will once again find himself outstruck.

Wanderlei is just gonna hit him about, clinch him and cave his face in with knees.
Gladiator
6/4/07 12:43:03PM
a few weeks ago i would have said liddell without a doubt... but after seeing his fight with rampage i have to go with wanderlei. wandy hits harder than rampage and chucks form is just not technical enough.
Aether
6/4/07 1:01:31PM
I don't think chuck even has a beer belly, I think he just has a strange body type and he always breathes out of his stomach. When he exhales you can clearly see abs.
Pookie
6/4/07 1:24:00PM
I wouldnt necassarily count chuck out of this one. Although i dont think he'll win, he has the ability to catch wandy with a great shot out of nowhere. AND we all know wandy is going to rush him.
Pookie
6/4/07 1:26:42PM
I wouldnt necassarily count chuck out of this one. Although i dont think he'll win, he has the ability to catch wandy with a great shot out of nowhere. AND we all know wandy is going to rush him.

EDIT : REPOST SRY
johny_rotten
6/4/07 1:47:07PM
I don't think you can call this one. They both will come out swinging, and someone get KOed quick. I think Chuck is a horrible match up for Wandy due to his counter and persicse punching, but it will be who ever connects first.

I also wouldn't bank on it happening this year. Wandy said he wants a year off. Wandy isn't under contract with anyone currently. This is Dana and Chuck talking about this fight again with out a contract. For how many times this fight has been teased it shouldn't be allowed to be discussed till their is a contract.
Leland
6/4/07 2:21:29PM
wandy by KO in the first 2 mins.
Kisame
6/4/07 2:52:28PM
Wandy by Ko First minute or so.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/4/07 8:16:04PM
Wanderlei by brutal KO 1st Round.
hughesfan1
6/4/07 8:27:35PM

Posted by Aether

I don't think chuck even has a beer belly, I think he just has a strange body type and he always breathes out of his stomach. When he exhales you can clearly see abs.

and I picked Liddell Tko, I guessing Rnd. 2. Round 1 will most likely be a lot of feeling each other out and not much going on.
hippysmacker
6/4/07 11:15:40PM
I got a $1000 bucks to bet on Chuck if this ever happens.Styles make fight's ,I'll take Chuck's in this one.
johny_rotten
6/4/07 11:28:29PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I got a $1000 bucks to bet on Chuck if this ever happens.Styles make fight's ,I'll take Chuck's in this one.

I have to agree. I hate Chuck, and love the whole Chute Box team, but Chuck deffinitly has an advantage due to his style, and 3'' of reach. I still think Wandy has a shot since you have two crazy strikers fighting each other, but gun to my head I think it would look a lot like when Wandy went up against Cro Cop in 2006.
cmill21
6/5/07 1:59:13AM
Mirko can hit harder then chuck, don't argue the man broke a giant black mans orbital bone, and the kicks...wow. If I had $1000 i'd take that bet...and your money ;)
hippysmacker
6/5/07 2:09:57AM

Posted by cmill21

Mirko can hit harder then chuck, don't argue the man broke a giant black mans orbital bone, and the kicks...wow. If I had $1000 i'd take that bet...and your money ;)

Start earning. If we both have a $1000 , and this happens, bets on
cmill21
6/5/07 9:34:46AM
Done deal, I'll do my best.
hippysmacker
6/5/07 1:05:50PM

Posted by cmill21

Deal, it is
mkiv9secsupra
6/5/07 3:07:36PM

Posted by cmill21

go ahead and earn another 1000 dollars to lose to me...ill be glad to take your money....
keith-hackney1
6/5/07 5:05:35PM
wandy will ko chuck in 3 rounds, chuck is dead now, he will never hold that belt again.
pv3Hpv3p
6/5/07 6:01:29PM
I will bet the Farm (or what's left of it) on Wand... I love Chuck and think he was a great champ, but Wand is coming back to dominating form after his layoff and will once again walk through the 205lb division.
Northrend
6/5/07 6:35:04PM
I got Wanderlei by TKO in last round.
cmill21
6/5/07 6:58:46PM
I've never thought chuck was all that and a bag of potato chips. He's never fought another agressive off the wall guy who can hit, everyone who's fought him(besides bablu who's ok) has let chuck bring the fight, we all know what rampage did when he wen't at chuck, and we all know wanderlei isn't all that argessive
ButterBalls
6/5/07 11:16:39PM
I'll take Wand by KO. His next fight is going to be one of, if not the best of his life. He's lost two straight and unless he has completely lost the will to fight, will be hungry.
cmill21
6/5/07 11:31:52PM
His last two losses are largly due to the fact that he fights in nearly every fighting event.
Fanboy 1988
6/6/07 3:46:30AM
We've heard these talks before, I wont believe till there's a contract...

Part of me almost thinks that Chuck has been ducking silva IMO.
hippysmacker
6/6/07 3:54:47AM

Posted by Fanboy 1988

We've heard these talks before, I wont believe till there's a contract...

Part of me almost thinks that Chuck has been ducking silva IMO.

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on this site Chuck and Wandy may never fight and we can all disagree on who would win if they don't. One thing I've never heard was anyone thinking either guy is afraid of anybody. Wandy and Chuck both believe they are the man right or wrong, win or lose. It's what make sboth of them as good as they are as much as anything IMO.
chuck-da-iceman
6/6/07 1:27:22PM
chuck just made a mistake wit the rampage fight. hell distroy Wand
cmill21
6/6/07 7:33:32PM
He made a mistake and got caught in an ass-whoopin. So I guess he made a mistake the first time they fought to? I agree he made a mistake, his mistake was accepting the fight.
xthe_scottx
6/6/07 7:42:03PM

Posted by cmill21

He made a mistake and got caught in an ass-whoopin. So I guess he made a mistake the first time they fought to? I agree he made a mistake, his mistake was accepting the fight.

Actually, he did make a mistake by going for a body shot from the outside. The first fight was completely different from the second. The first fight Rampage dominated and the second he didn't. I'm not taking anything away from Rampage especially since he really limited Liddell's movement, but if they fought again, I'd pick Chuck to win. I'll bet my entire back roll on Liddell to beat Silva if this fight happens.
Fanboy 1988
6/6/07 8:19:26PM

Posted by hippysmacker

That's the funniest thing I've ever read on this site Chuck and Wandy may never fight and we can all disagree on who would win if they don't. One thing I've never heard was anyone thinking either guy is afraid of anybody. Wandy and Chuck both believe they are the man right or wrong, win or lose. It's what make sboth of them as good as they are as much as anything IMO.

Well, after Liddell beat Babalu Rogan asked him if he wanted to fight Silva or Tito and Liddell said said he'd rather fight Tito.....

And on a canadian talk show Liddell said he wouldn't fight Silva due to the fact he lost his last two fights by KO..

Hell, Silva even went out in the pride ring and called Chuck a coward.. And I've never heard him say that about anyone before

Well now Liddell has a KO lose on his record, so well see if theye actually do fight this time... There really can't be a contract dispute over it now, and I'm sure Silva would be more then fired up to fight Liddell...
Pages: [1] 2