Chuck Liddell rules out Silva fight, possibly Couture too

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chuck Liddell rules out Silva fight, possibly Couture too
Rampage200
12/4/08 8:43:22AM
Former long time light heavyweight champion, Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell has 100% ruled out a February fight with Anderson Silva, saying no one has spoken to him recently and the same was said about the proposed June fight with former heavyweight champion Randy Couture.

Click for video
theguido
12/4/08 9:13:12AM
I actually wasn't to interested in seeing either of these fights. I think there are plenty of matchups for all three of these fighters that make more sense than just putting big names togther to get big pay-per-view buys.
Twenty20Dollars
12/4/08 9:50:59AM
Yeah I agree I dont think they were good fights they were more just money maker fights.

All 3 of those guys have better matchups out there for them.
sparky
12/4/08 10:48:40AM
Chuck Liddell vs Brandon Vera is my call !!!
McBee
12/4/08 1:28:27PM

Posted by sparky

Chuck Liddell vs Houston Alexander is mine
seanfu
12/4/08 4:00:21PM
I don't understand why everyone's got to be so tight about it. It's a fun matchup and Randy will likely win. So either we get another positive chapter in the Couture story or he gets KTFO. Either way it's a fun matchup and it's big for both men. They both need to prove themselves worthy of the top level and there should be action.

Why should every fight be about rankings when the HW division sucks anyway.

I want to see it.
McBee
12/4/08 4:05:41PM

Posted by seanfu

I don't understand why everyone's got to be so tight about it. It's a fun matchup and Randy will likely win. So either we get another positive chapter in the Couture story or he gets KTFO. Either way it's a fun matchup and it's big for both men. They both need to prove themselves worthy of the top level and there should be action.

Why should every fight be about rankings when the HW division sucks anyway.

I want to see it.

too many great matchups for both guys to do a chuck/randy #4 and most casual fans would think it is terribly redundant because they never saw the time when randy actually won.

I would rather see both guys win then see either lose, chuck cannot afford another loss.

Just like Dana always said there are no cans in the UFC, it is a lie, but not if you compare it to the cans in every other promotion I guess
Gipper
12/4/08 5:54:32PM

Posted by sparky

good call
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
12/4/08 6:41:10PM
yeah I like Chuck against Vera as well, good call
Silva against Sonnen and maybe Randy against the loser of Frank and Antonio
aaa9erh8er
12/4/08 6:41:54PM

Posted by theguido

I actually wasn't to interested in seeing either of these fights. I think there are plenty of matchups for all three of these fighters that make more sense than just putting big names togther to get big pay-per-view buys.

higdon10
12/4/08 7:14:36PM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA
Silva against Sonnen

No way is Sonnen deserving of a shot at Silva.
prozacnation1978
12/4/08 8:06:24PM
i don't blame him at all

i think chuck vs vera and a silva vs leites/maia or chael would be good to go with
nickcuc547
12/4/08 9:18:46PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by sparky

Chuck Liddell vs Houston Alexander is mine

I was thinking kristian rotharmel was the perfect opponent for chuck right now.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
12/5/08 12:48:07AM
Chuck vs Houston and Vera vs Eric Schafer...??? how about Ken Shamrock vs Chuck?.....