Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin
POLL: Who will win ??
Chuck Liddell 23% (7)
Rich Franklin 77% (23)
hammerhead1
6/1/10 9:49:28AM
Who do you think will win at UFC 115 ??? This will be a legendary fight i cannot wait for. I will be going for Rich Franklin
Taylor8766
6/1/10 10:10:56AM
I think Franklin takes it by decision I dont think he will be able to KO or submit Liddell but he has a very crisp stand-up and is faster than Liddell I see this fighting going in Franklins favor.,
sbulldavid
6/1/10 11:00:25AM
Wow, I'm surprised that Franklin is such a huge favorite right now. I'm leaning towards Chuck at the moment, because Franklin is coming off a long layoff as well and is more of a straight puncher. Chuck even at this age still poses a problem for a guy without a big punch. I think the biggest question is whether Chuck can catch Franklin with an overhand. Unless Franklin comes out and looks like Machida, Chuck is going to hurt him with something to set the tone. I just don't see what threat Franklin poses to Chuck he's not going to take him down over and over, and he's probably going to be eating canvas if he stands with Chuck for three rounds.
babalu46
6/1/10 11:13:12AM
I'm torn between a Franklin decision and a Chuck KO because imo Franklin is much faster and can use in-out movement for success, but almost every fight i see of Franklin's he gets rocked and Chuck is...well Chuck.
Chael_Sonnen
6/1/10 1:50:44PM
I like Franklin by ud....I really think this fight is going to be pretty exciting to watch....Chuck does look to be in great shape though.
mrsmiley
6/1/10 9:44:43PM
I say Franklin but this may be Chucks big come back fight.
Either way, I think if Franklin loses to Chuck or vice versa,I don't see the other making much more of an impact in the division.
Pookie
6/1/10 9:49:38PM
Rich Franklin via Jardine's strategy
Aether
6/2/10 12:30:57AM
surprised this is a close decision for so many people. Rich is a WAY better striker IMO. He's going to be constantly mixing it up with kicks and punches strung together in fluid combos and Chuck is going to be looking to land one big shot all night.

I think Franklin is going to win pretty convincingly.
MattHughesRules
6/2/10 4:07:04PM
I think Franklin is going to win a UD using more crisp and technical striking. I think Rich has a suspect chin but I do not see a rusty aging Liddell being able to catch him clean and KO him. I like Liddell but I think he is going to hate Tito more then ever for pulling out after he has to fight Franklin.
cowcatcher
6/2/10 4:23:06PM

Posted by Pookie

exactly what im thinking. franklin has great kicks to the body and i see him pummeling chucks legs and midsection throughout the fight. a chuck KO is possible too, i just dont know what to really expect form him at this point, but the bar isnt too high anymore IMO.
emfleek
6/2/10 4:39:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Pookie

exactly what im thinking. franklin has great kicks to the body and i see him pummeling chucks legs and midsection throughout the fight. a chuck KO is possible too, i just dont know what to really expect form him at this point, but the bar isnt too high anymore IMO.

I wonder what the odds are of Chuck being the anti-Chuck and going *after* Rich? I'd like to see him possibly utilize his wrestling a bit in order to stay away from the kicks, which are inevitable.
cowcatcher
6/2/10 4:43:22PM
thats just what chuck is going to have to start doing fleek i just dont think hes quick enough on the draw to counter a lot of guys effectively at this point. im a chuck fan, probably always will be, so im hoping he changes things up because what used to work for him just hasnt lately.
Pookie
6/2/10 5:42:41PM
Even though Franklins takedown defense is lacking, hes really good at standing up once hes been taken down. With Chucks style of wrestling (surprise takedown, hold) i see Franklin getting up quickly and nullifying chuck on the ground.
Naturaldisaster
6/6/10 3:17:50PM
Chuck is my favorite fighter of all time but I think franklin takes this fight by UD