Chuck Liddell to return at UFC 87 - Possibly against SHOGUN!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck Liddell to return at UFC 87 - Possibly against SHOGUN!
kastro_316
4/23/08 1:06:41PM
Ordep
4/23/08 1:14:48PM
If they confirm this, I'll be happy. Mauricio would make an actual interesting fight (not like Rashad) against Liddell.

Celeb. Banana
Twenty20Dollars
4/23/08 2:23:32PM
see hopefully everything works out the better way. shogun vs chuck
Mchubb316
4/23/08 2:28:34PM
This would turn out perfect. I want to see Shogun bounce back from a loss, on the other hand Chuck vs Rampage rematch would be great as well.
Jackelope
4/23/08 3:06:46PM
Rampage has got to be crapping his pants right now with Shogun's knees looming on the horizon and Wanderlei's knees as well
bam383
4/23/08 3:06:50PM
If they can get back to this matchup, I think it would be great. Chuck should only be fighting the guys at the very top of the ladder at this stage of his career. Evans may have only been a replacement, but I would have rather seen them just cancel Chuck's fight back then and get him someone else to fight.
coldchillin
4/23/08 3:44:01PM
this is the fight the UFC wanted to move forward with in the first place anyways... sucks that the Rashad Evans-Thiago Silva fight had to be a casualty in this whole mess. Can't wait to see The Iceman and Shogun finally throw down.
Hannibal_H
4/23/08 4:13:03PM
Liddell to KO Shogun, then go on to win back his title.

You heard it here first.
Gladiator
4/23/08 4:47:07PM

Posted by Hannibal_H

You heard it here first.

no...actually ive heard that from just about every other chuck fan since the iceman vs shogun fight was scheduled for ufc 85... not saying it wont happen but...
Pookie
4/23/08 4:51:07PM
the doesnt make you seem so confident.
prozacnation1978
4/23/08 6:41:34PM
i doubt it, with lesnar fight, and huerta, you will get a title fight maybe silva and that is it shogun vs chuck will be in sept or this would be main event and you will not get a title fight
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/24/08 12:26:46AM

Posted by Gladiator

Posted by Hannibal_H

You heard it here first.

no...actually ive heard that from just about every other chuck fan since the iceman vs shogun fight was scheduled for ufc 85... not saying it wont happen but...

lol

im a chuck fan for life but there is no way he is champ as long as he has to get through rampage to be champ
JasonSmolinski
4/24/08 10:34:56AM
This is all well and good, but it just shows how bad Rashad got screwed. He had the opportunity to prove himself, and now Liddell will still be fighting in a few months, but Evans loses his opportunity to be the #1 contender.
gsquat
4/24/08 11:10:18AM

Posted by JasonSmolinski

This is all well and good, but it just shows how bad Rashad got screwed. He had the opportunity to prove himself, and now Liddell will still be fighting in a few months, but Evans loses his opportunity to be the #1 contender.

...word.
0000max0000
4/24/08 11:13:19AM
im going to ufc 85 in london and i am so gutted that shogun v chuck didnt happen. i think finally seeing them fight will soften the blow tho!! if they are both fit this could be a war!!
SociopathX
4/24/08 7:16:46PM
If this happens and they have UFC 87 in Minneapolis I will be so fricken happy.