Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans
chickmagnet
8/20/08 8:29:52PM
Just curious who thought Rashad was going to win or what people thought about this fight.

My Prediction:

Chuck by KO in round 1
postman
8/20/08 8:33:57PM
Chuck 2nd rd KO
Kastro
8/20/08 8:45:39PM
I think its going to be closer than most people think...

Chuck hasn't been knocking guys out in his recent fights... and Rashad? Well he has improved leaps and bounds... I think Rashad's gameplan will definitely be to get this fight to the ground ASAP... he may even stand a bit to throw Chuck off his game and then catch him unexpectedly and take him down... but it wont happen, Couture couldn't keep Chuck down and neither will Rashad..

This is going to the decision, where Chuck will win a unanimous decision... I smell a lackluster fight here... just my MMA experience talking... hopefully im wrong though!
nickcuc547
8/20/08 8:49:17PM
i don't think rashad is in the same league as chuck, the guy was outclassed by tito and took the draw because of a point deduction. Chuck shouldn't have much of a problem getting the tko.
Mchubb316
8/20/08 9:24:28PM
I think it will be like Chuck vs Tito. Chuck will overwhelm Rashad with his punching power, and turtle up, and the ref will step in and call it. Chuck 1st round tko.
Pskinner_mma314
8/20/08 9:33:36PM
2nd rd Tko Liddell, like almost everyone else
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/20/08 9:50:21PM
chuck is puting rashad to sleep. gsquat avatar bet?
chitown97
8/20/08 9:50:59PM
Chuck has made quite a career of beating up wrestlers. I don't know if Rashad will have enough standup skill to setup a quality takedown. If Rashad can't get close enough and has to shoot from way outside he is going to get tagged and picked apart. Chuck has a great sprawl and decent enough wrestling/grappling to get up if someone is trying to lay on him. However, I am intrigued to see how much further Rashad has improved. I predict Chuck by unamimous decision.
handstrong
8/20/08 10:12:37PM
Chuck is at the same point that Hughes is. A couple of years ago, I'd pick Liddell, but in this last couple years a lot of fighters have upped their game tremendously. Chuck has been exposed a couple of times and doesn't have that confidence that he used to. And even though Evans has had a tendency to be a bit lazy, I still think his speed and power will be too much for chuck. I don't think Evans will knock him out. But I do think he'll outpoint him in a decision if he manages not to get caught. split decision to Evans.
Solidus
8/20/08 10:26:14PM
Most of Chuck's KO's come from his counter punching and I dont see Rashad as a particularly aggressive fighter. That said, this has the potential to be a boring drawn out fight and Rashad could use that to his advantage by taking his time, staying out of Chuck's reach and throwing in some leg kicks like Jardine did. Maybe doing enough to get a decision, and assuming that he's not able to take Chuck down.

Rashad's chances are better than he's getting credit for. But I'm still going with Chuck round 2 KO, because I hope to see Chuck back knocking people out again.
postman
8/21/08 12:20:50AM

Posted by handstrong

Chuck is at the same point that Hughes is. A couple of years ago, I'd pick Liddell, but in this last couple years a lot of fighters have upped their game tremendously. Chuck has been exposed a couple of times and doesn't have that confidence that he used to. And even though Evans has had a tendency to be a bit lazy, I still think his speed and power will be too much for chuck. I don't think Evans will knock him out. But I do think he'll outpoint him in a decision if he manages not to get caught. split decision to Evans.

Chuck has made a living beating guys like Rashad. Chuck wins this fight and he is next in line for the title, not sure how you put him in the same class as Hughes. As far as being Exposed Evans IMO dosn't have the tools to pull a Jardine and not that the outcome would have been different but Page threw a perfect counter and knocked Chuck out. Rampage didn't do anything thats going to help Rashad win this fight. The Wandy fight was a brawl that Chuck won so other then Jardine who has exposed him. I'm not even sure Jardine exposed him so much as Chuck thought he was getting an easy fight and didn't put the time in.
seanfu
8/21/08 5:31:56AM
Rashad Evans by decision. Why, you may ask, would I make such a crazy assumption? Chuck will only win this fight under 1 condition, Rashad trys for double legs as takedowns instead of going for the cage clinch takedown.

No one in the history of forever, can take Chuck down with a single leg, it just won't happen. That's why Ortiz lost badly and Couture and Rampage got their takedowns.

Long story short, Liddell doesn't want it as badly as he should to fight at this level and has a vey good chance of taking an ass raping.

Rashad by decision. (is there really another way? lol)

mkiv9secsupra
8/21/08 2:09:49PM

Posted by handstrong
Chuck has been exposed a couple of times

What has been exposed?
gsquat
8/21/08 4:54:49PM
I'd like to add here Rashad's biggest problem is his self confidence. Thats never been a secret. Even he knows it. You can hear and see it in all the interviews they do. Even on the show when talking to intimidating figures of the sport (Matt Hughes) he was quiet and reserved. The reason the Tito fight went to a draw is because Rashad was too hesitant to loosen up until the third round (which he won in dominant fashion). If Rashad and Tito fought again, Rashad would win all three rounds. If Rashad doesn't have his confidence up against Chuck, he'll probably lose. If he does, he'll definitely win.
Franklinfan47
8/21/08 5:29:30PM
I think Rashad gets exposed in this fight. Chuck KO 1st.
mattjonesy
8/21/08 5:37:01PM
chuck is know for his amazin sprawl! rashad aint that big for a light heavyweight i think chuck picks him apart second round tko!
chickmagnet
8/21/08 8:00:44PM

Posted by handstrong

Did you not see Chucks last fight??? Against Wanderlei who is an animal. Chuck still has that power, Wanderlei has an amazing chin and thats why he amazingly didn't go down. Now do you think Rashad can take the same amount of punishment that Wand did? No way

Chuck will show people he is still capable of Knockin some1 out.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
8/21/08 9:52:48PM

Posted by gsquat

I'd like to add here Rashad's biggest problem is his self confidence. Thats never been a secret. Even he knows it. You can hear and see it in all the interviews they do. Even on the show when talking to intimidating figures of the sport (Matt Hughes) he was quiet and reserved. The reason the Tito fight went to a draw is because Rashad was too hesitant to loosen up until the third round (which he won in dominant fashion). If Rashad and Tito fought again, Rashad would win all three rounds. If Rashad doesn't have his confidence up against Chuck, he'll probably lose. If he does, he'll definitely win.

stop dodging me and take the avatar bet. I dont think you have confidence in your boy.
jocka
8/21/08 11:51:47PM
Would it be funny if Chucks comes in takes Rashad down gnp him in the first rd, then in second rd when rashad expect a takedown bam over right hand Rashad hit the canvas out cold lol 2rd KO for chuck
mkiv9secsupra
8/22/08 8:50:49AM

Posted by jocka

Would it be funny if Chucks comes in takes Rashad down gnp him in the first rd, then in second rd when rashad expect a takedown bam over right hand Rashad hit the canvas out cold lol 2rd KO for chuck

haha funny thing is id bet that Chucks wrestling is actually better than Rashads and could take him down if he wanted
jocka
8/22/08 9:58:07AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by jocka

haha funny thing is id bet that Chucks wrestling is actually better than Rashads and could take him down if he wanted [/QUOTE

I know my though exactly did he take wanderlai down in the 3rd of their fight? more and more that i think about it more it looks like a possibility.
gsquat
8/22/08 10:22:08AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by gsquat

stop dodging me and take the avatar bet. I dont think you have confidence in your boy.

I already have an avatar bet on this fight with emfleek you retard.
chickmagnet
8/22/08 6:58:06PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

Posted by gsquat

hey AnDeRson, i have an avatar bet idea, Ill bet u chuck KO's rashad in the first round. LOL not a serious bet just playin but seriuosly i think Chuck will KO him in round 1
F-Man
8/22/08 7:28:51PM
rashad had trouble taking down a small bisping. if he cant take bisping down, he cant take liddell down. if he cant take liddell down, he's gonna get knocked out.

chuck wins this one pretty easily i think.
gsquat
8/25/08 10:11:55AM

Posted by F-Man

rashad had trouble taking down a small bisping. if he cant take bisping down, he cant take liddell down. if he cant take liddell down, he's gonna get knocked out.

You're not smart. Rashad did take Bisping down. And he didn't have all that much trouble doing it. So there goes your little theory.
mkiv9secsupra
8/25/08 10:28:19AM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by F-Man

You're not smart. Rashad did take Bisping down. And he didn't have all that much trouble doing it. So there goes your little theory.

he was implying that if Rashad could barely take down a small Bisping with an only halfway decent sprawl that theres no way hes taking down chuck. He wasnt blatantly saying Rashad did not take Bisping down.
ufcFANatic1
8/25/08 11:35:28AM
Couldn't agree more! If Rashad couldn't finish Tito how on earth could he finish Chuck! Not sure if I'm going with 1st or 2nd round KO for Chuckie!
F-Man
8/25/08 4:08:43PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by F-Man

watch the fight, rookie. rashad did struggle to take him down, and when he did take bispign down, bisping was able to stand back up. chuck is the best at getting back up when people get him down. randy couture had problems holding chuck down...and rashad will?

epic fail
jawbreaker517
8/25/08 7:52:54PM
I think this is going to be a really good fight, contrary to popular belief. Even though Chuck is rather up in age in contrast to most fighters, he still packs some thunder in his hands. On the other hand, Rashad has youth on his side and explosive enough power to put Chuck on his back. Also, Rashad's hands are damn good even though he is kind of trigger shy for some reason. I say if Chuck wins in emphatic fashion(ala 1st round KO), give the man a title shot just because he is near the end of his career and he is usually the fan favorite. My prediction is Evans, though, by 2nd round TKO.
mkiv9secsupra
8/25/08 8:00:03PM

Posted by jawbreaker517
Rashad's hands are damn good

at what point in his career has he shown damn good hands? If Tito Ortiz can keep up with you standing then you can claim to be a great striker.