Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson 3

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson 3
POLL: Chuck Liddell vs Quinton Jackson 3
Chuck Liddell 30% (14)
Quinton Jackson 70% (33)
Draw 0% (0)
hammerhead1
8/21/08 10:40:27AM
Who do you think would win The Iceman vs Rampage (if it happened)
MFOTHER
8/21/08 12:07:27PM
it would be funny if they had chuck fight wanderlei again and he won.

THen it would be wandy beating page x2
chuck beating wandy x2
and page beating chuck x2

Then they have a giant 3 man rubber match, with chairs and weapons.
Pskinner_mma314
8/21/08 1:19:51PM
this is about as likely as Silva v Franklin 3.
DiabloFreak56
8/21/08 2:06:55PM
rampage once again. liddell wont be able to handle him
aaa9erh8er
8/21/08 4:48:07PM
i have to agree with diablofreak
on this one
also nice ava man
Playground_Samurai
8/21/08 4:55:24PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

this is about as likely as Silva v Franklin 3.

I disagree. Both Silva/Franklin fights were only a year apart. The Liddell/Rampage fights were 4 years apart and one was in Pride where almost none of the American fans seen. I think Liddell/Rampage 3 would be way more likely than a Silva/Franklin 3, especially if one or the other was the champ.

As to who I would pick to win...I'd pick Rampage, but would be rooting for Liddell.
JimiMak
8/21/08 5:28:43PM
Depends on Rampage's mental condition. 9/10 Rampage ko's chuck.
mkiv9secsupra
8/21/08 9:21:54PM
Flash KO's in mma have never proved anything......i would pick Liddell. Rampage is the same exact fighter he was in Pride and now Liddell knows what to train for precisely. So id pick Liddell UD
mrkennedy
8/22/08 3:07:54PM
rampage by ko
casey64
8/22/08 4:57:05PM
Rampage has Chucks number, Chuck isnt beating Rampage.
Drudinh
8/23/08 7:02:12AM
Chuck and Wandy go again... results will not be the same
Pitbull09
8/23/08 1:14:41PM
The only reason I think Chuck considers going to HW is because of Rampage being in the division. He knows that he will prob get the title once more, then either defend or loss his belt to Wanderlei, (if he defends it, then Rampage will be the one to take it back) and then he would move up to HW for the end of his career for a HW title shot..

No matter what happens though, this isnt the rematch ppl want to see. Its Wanderlei/ Liddell 2 and from what it looks like, UFC is attempting to set the rematch up as a title fight which is what I want. Three rounds of that fight wasnt enough and five will blow my mind,.
Pookie
8/23/08 5:36:48PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Flash KO's in mma have never proved anything......i would pick Liddell. Rampage is the same exact fighter he was in Pride and now Liddell knows what to train for precisely. So id pick Liddell UD

I disagree, hes a better fighter than what he was in pride, the rampage of pride wouldnt be able to last in todays mma... hes grown exceptionally with his footwork and punching technique, back in the day he really winged his punches and now although he is still winging them he doing so with accuracy and that makes a huge difference.

Plus liddell has a terrible style to beat him, He doesnt throw combinations which allows rampage to parry his shots, burst into dirty boxing range and then let go a flurry.

Rampage has some of the best Striking defense in mma, chuck on the other hand really doesnt, his unorthodox style opens him up to alot of shots, its just with most fighters he can catch them with a one punch that puts them away. Rampage has to have the will beat out of him before he goes down.

I could honestly go on and on about this match-up, but to keep it short i dont think chuck will ever beat rampage no matter how many times they fight.
MikeyG
8/23/08 6:54:54PM
These days I cant get enough of Chuck losing, so its an easy pick. Dosnt matter if Chuck knows whats coming hes still getting knocked out.
JimiMak
8/24/08 3:21:49PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

gotta disagree. It wasn't a flash ko. For the short time they were in the ring the footwork was on different levels, the head movement was on different levels, and he landed an awesome clean chin shot ko. After already having taken a lot of time dominating him for quite a while once. Rampage has improved exponentially in the last few years, yes losses usually help more than wins in learning, Chuck hasn't. He got fed a bunch of grapplers that didn't know how to deal w/ his counter punching. It's Chuck that's now behind the game and Rampage that's improved a ton.
nickcuc547
8/25/08 5:25:58PM
much of the same, quinton can take what liddell has plus he's a better wrestler with ko power, he would win again.
Bumpy
8/28/08 4:25:13PM
Chuck Liddell