Chuck Liddell vs Kurt Angle (vid)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chuck Liddell vs Kurt Angle (vid)
Stickan
5/12/07 3:24:33PM
Chuck verbally rapes Kurt.

link
Ydoc
5/12/07 5:20:55PM
Not exactly rape, he just states the truth. Even if Kurt gets him down no ref is going to let you body surf for 5 minutes. He'll get caught, and once you get hit everything you had planned goes out the window. Can't believe Angle thinks he can take Couture... I think that fight is even worse for him than Chuck.
mkiv9secsupra
5/12/07 6:57:03PM
haha.....chucks not a wreslter....haha.....good stuff. kurt angle is either really dumb or just sooo confident that he sounds retarded. either way hes retarded.
fightdavejordan
5/13/07 6:50:08PM
kurt would get ripped a part if he tryed to fight chuck just cause he is madielst dont mean he can beat one ove the bads dudes a round
nate22
5/14/07 6:35:59AM
lol kurt, it sounds patronising coming from somebody at least ten years younger than him, but wow how naive can one be?
madmarck
5/14/07 10:41:41AM
Wow the look on Chucks face when Angle said he wasnt a wrestler.

Chuck does it the best. Wrestlers he has beat.
Randleman
Couture x2
Tito x2
Babalu x2 (Brazilan national wrestling team) x2
There is prob a few more. But i mean cmon. Chuck is not gonna get owned by a wrestler. Besides Training TD defense. Chuck trains subs too. He is a smart guy. His BJJ coach John Lewis is a amazing guy.

Its like Cro Cop said. Everyone has a gameplan until they get hit.

No matter what angle thinks. He is not gonna be able to learn anything close to Chucks striking in 6 months.
Besides that fact that Angle knows little to no ground skills besides wrestling. Chuck knows a lot. I doubt it would be hard for Chuck to pull Guard. And from there he can push off Angles hips and stand up.

Angle like other wreslters with little expericne knows this much. How to take the guy down and pin him down. Thats it.
See Josh Koscheck vs Chris Leben for more info.
CaseyKrajenka
5/14/07 11:26:03AM
CLASSIC! HAHAHA

I LOVE CHUCKS FACE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE THING!

KURT ANGLE IS A LITTLE PUNK AND HE NEEDS TO STEP INTO A RING W/ A REAL FIGHTER SO SOMEONE WILL SHUT HIM UP!!!
warglory
5/14/07 12:17:44PM
I'd pa to see this fight, it would make mad cash for sure. Kurt, get your ass training!
fedorwins1
5/14/07 4:08:48PM
Kurt Angle has been saying this kind of crap for years. Seriously though, if he had gone to MMA instead of "pro" wrestling he possibly could have been a force.
ffforgottenx
5/14/07 6:16:35PM
hahahahaha
just like everyone else is saying.. the look on chucks face when angle says he isnt a wrestler at all = priceless.. it was just about the same look i got when i heard him say that haha..

kurt obviously doesnt 'study' these guys as hard as he says he does

chuck would eat him alive
poll77
5/15/07 12:05:59AM
hilarious
madmarck
5/15/07 10:36:14AM

Posted by Stickan

Chuck verbally rapes Kurt.

When they are Miles apart.
When face to face. Angle is the bitch.
EEKS
5/15/07 4:12:53PM
Chuck would finish the fight in less then a minute.
tommyprairie
7/14/07 10:02:57PM
Kurt has not competed in close to 10 years. You lose your competitive edge after that long. Chuck KO in 2nd
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 1:52:44AM
Well it looks like im going to be the first to say i believe angle would be rather decent and idk if you guys know about the medals but he would throw randy,chuck,tito whoever aroound like a ragdoll,although i dunno if he can eat a looping hook or the patented thumb in the eye from chuck.
Brownsfan222
7/16/07 3:29:22AM

Posted by Ydoc

Not exactly rape, he just states the truth. Even if Kurt gets him down no ref is going to let you body surf for 5 minutes. He'll get caught, and once you get hit everything you had planned goes out the window. Can't believe Angle thinks he can take Couture... I think that fight is even worse for him than Chuck.

he meant he could take any of those guys in pure wrestling he said he probably couldnt pin randy down in 3 minute but would beat him without randy scoring points. angle is a hell of a wrestler not a usa hall of famer for nothing
richieb19
7/16/07 3:41:15AM

Posted by madmarck

Wow the look on Chucks face when Angle said he wasnt a wrestler.

Chuck does it the best. Wrestlers he has beat.
Randleman
Couture x2
Tito x2
Babalu x2 (Brazilan national wrestling team) x2
There is prob a few more. But i mean cmon. Chuck is not gonna get owned by a wrestler. Besides Training TD defense. Chuck trains subs too. He is a smart guy. His BJJ coach John Lewis is a amazing guy.

Its like Cro Cop said. Everyone has a gameplan until they get hit.

No matter what angle thinks. He is not gonna be able to learn anything close to Chucks striking in 6 months.
Besides that fact that Angle knows little to no ground skills besides wrestling. Chuck knows a lot. I doubt it would be hard for Chuck to pull Guard. And from there he can push off Angles hips and stand up.

Angle like other wreslters with little expericne knows this much. How to take the guy down and pin him down. Thats it.
See Josh Koscheck vs Chris Leben for more info.

Very true... Liddell's best game is always against strong grapplers... however, out of that list Randleman and Couture being the best, they don't even compare to Angle... and this has absolutely nothing to do with pro wrestling. He was the '96 olympic gold medalist, even Mark Coleman said he's definately the real deal...

with that said... Chuck Liddell, Rd. 1, KO
casey64
7/16/07 2:21:09PM
Angle is a tart he needs to go back to that gay tna show he is on.
LHK
7/16/07 2:36:11PM
This thread is kind of funny. Everyone overrating Chuck as usually. Yeah, he has beat good (not great) wrestlers, because he just catches them with a looping non-technical hook! He doesn't use any of his "mythlogical" wrestling prowess. When have we ever seen a ground game from him besides choking out some noname and getting submitted by Jeremy Horn ages ago? His wrestling is no where in the same league as any Olympic gold medalist.

Chuck's "standup" is very questionable and I think Angle has a great shot (pun intended) at beating him. "If" he avoids the wild bombs from Chuck which is highly likely I see him coming and and completely annihilating Chuck on the ground. Sub Round 1.

Angle is getting up there in age, but so is Chuck. My money would be on Angle. And that's without him training striking. Give him a few months of Muay Thai and I say he definitely wins.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see Angle crushed for his asinine comments on being a force in MMA (although he definitely could have been with years of training). Chuck just isn't the one to do it. I would much rather see Shogun-Angle. Everyone underestimates Angle's wrestling.
TOMMYAYO05
7/16/07 8:43:59PM
Kurt would hurt liddell he is definetley the real deal
Stickan
7/16/07 9:30:25PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Kurt would hurt liddell he is definetley the real deal

What makes you think that?....

Seriously, what has Kurt Angle done in the last 10 years that makes anyone think he can step into the octagon and beat one of the best LHWers in the world in MMA!??!

He wouldn't pass a piss test and he knows it.. That's why he hasn't even tried fighting MMA yet.
KodytheButcher
7/16/07 9:33:53PM
chuck would break his neck for the 6th time
thepunisher
7/17/07 1:35:43PM
Angle by ankle lock
CJNBBJJ
7/17/07 3:37:49PM
I've read many articles on kurt angle about him wanting to fight mma and most of them say he is either to old or he could have done this and he has to many injury's. i don't think kurt could take any of the top 20 lightweights let alone chuck.
CJNBBJJ
7/17/07 3:40:57PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Well it looks like im going to be the first to say i believe angle would be rather decent and idk if you guys know about the medals but he would throw randy,chuck,tito whoever aroound like a ragdoll,although i dunno if he can eat a looping hook or the patented thumb in the eye from chuck.

obviously the dumbst thing i have ever read, what is he hasn't wrestled in over 10 years he has broken his neck 900 times and you think he can throw chuck? go watch your wwe or tna or whatever the **** it is cause you obviously don't know shit about mma. what is he gunna do with out being able to hit him with a chair or jump off the turnbuckle, he can't tag anyone in when chuck punches him in the grill.
CJNBBJJ
7/17/07 3:42:51PM
and by the way i hate chuck, but there is no way in hell angle would ever come close to beating chuck... ever.
TOMMYAYO05
7/18/07 12:59:21AM
I hate wrestling smart guy,but like i said he would beat liddell!!!!wrestling is a huge part of mma and know not FAKE wrestling the real stuff...im sure i know way more about mma then u anyway lil guy so calm down.its my opinoion take it or leave it.
LHK
7/18/07 1:57:07PM
His gold medal buddy (not to mention winning it with severe neck injuries). I think the reason he hasn't entered MMA is either because of his injury, or he wasn't happy with contract terms, I'm sure he makes a lot of money in pro wrestling.

As for steroids, all Olympic athletes are tested genius (meaning he couldn't even be using for recovery, all the more props to him for enduring his injury). And he's what, 10 pounds heavier now? Maybe he uses, maybe he doesn't, stupid to assume either way.

If he gets medically cleared he can (doesn't mean will, Liddell can catch him with a lucky hook, as I stated earlier) dominate Chuck, or any mediocre fighter (still giving ANYONE trouble).