Chuck Liddell To Decide Fight Future Sometime This Month

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chuck Liddell To Decide Fight Future Sometime This Month
DCRage
9/5/10 3:03:47PM
So he says...and it seems he's still undecided. "It's about how I feel and if I want to go back and make a run at a title and how far away that would be. And whatever I think is left in the tank. I've been doing PR stuff for the last couple months, and I'll finally be home for the month. I'll probably decide sometime in September, when I have time to relax.... I don't feel like there's anything left to prove. I still love fighting, but there's a lot that goes into it. Maybe it might be time. I'm just not sure yet. You know, I've enjoyed the ride. No matter what, I've had a good time. I never expected it, but I've gotten paid a lot to do what I love. There are no complaints."

Article
Wand_is_GOD
9/5/10 5:02:39PM
he has 1 win in 6 fights he cant fight any more
meier
9/5/10 9:37:15PM
i hate it for him. he loves doing it but damn you need to think about your health chuck.
Twenty20Dollars
9/6/10 1:51:35AM
he is STILL talking about the title...
ianinspain
9/6/10 7:04:12AM
Cmon Chuck you are starting to mess with your legacy so let it go and coach some winners instead.
prozacnation1978
9/6/10 10:53:28AM
Unless its against tito or forrest. I don't wanna see him get knocked out again
Just retire. So what if you lost like your last 5 out of 6 bouts
thepitbull00
9/6/10 1:00:58PM
If he doesn't retire he runs the risk of turning into a the new Ken Shamrock and I would hate to see that.
jlock003
9/6/10 2:10:35PM
Every one of those losses with the exception of Jardine which was a close decision were to either champions to be, or former champions. I realize Rich was a champ at mw until silva, but the guy is a legit light heavy as well. I don't think Chuck is as good as he was before, but at the same time before he was fighting Tito, Randy, Vernon White, Babalu, and Jeremy Horn. I still say he crushes those guys. My personal opinion is that Chuck is a solid gate keeper for the top 7, but has no legitimate shot at a title. I think he smashes a great deal of the lhw division still, but I recognize that his chin is shot. If the man who brought your company and sport into the main stream wants to continue fighting let him fight, but I agree with some of you who posted earlier, give him a fight against Forrest, or against Hammil, or an 8-15 guy. Don't give him another Rua, Rashad, Rampage, Franklin type fighter. If he can come out and dominate a number 9 or 10 guy then maybe he has a point and we are the idiots, but my thought is he should get a win or two at gate keeper status (one against tito) and ride off into the sunset.
jae_1833
9/6/10 6:13:31PM
The only thing I would want to see is a retirement fight against Tito Ortiz.....for old times sake.
bjj1605
9/6/10 9:23:05PM
I only want to see him fight Tito so he can get a win to go out on.

Unfortunately for Chuck his "fight future" might already be decided for him. In the UFC at least.
emfleek
9/6/10 9:58:13PM
Do whatever makes you happy, Chuck! I'll be a fan regardless.

ianinspain
9/7/10 6:50:28AM
Just imagine he fought Tito again in his last fight then lost to him....urgh that is a horrible thought
jae_1833
9/7/10 11:23:00AM

Posted by ianinspain

Just imagine he fought Tito again in his last fight then lost to him....urgh that is a horrible thought

This would be Blasphemy!!!! Cities would fall, pigs would fly and hell would freeze over!!!!!
Boo_Radley21
9/7/10 12:57:41PM
Chick is the man one of the ultimate legends in the UFC if he wanted to keep fighting I'd keep supporting him but he's as good as done in my opinion. It's the same thing for Pulver, my favourite fighter, I dont want to see him lose anymore but the guy won't retire. But if he wants to fight then awesome more fights from the guys. Chuck was kicking Rich's ass before getting KO'd. It's just his chin
mrsmiley
9/7/10 3:18:00PM
The only opponents Chuck will be able to find any succsess against are the bottom tier fighters are possibly a few trying to work they way up in the ranks.
And if he loses to competition that is only considered moderate,then what?

If Chuck wants to fight again I say this; Let Ken Shamrock pay his debt back to the UFC by giving him a fight against Chuck. Chuck gets a win against a legend and most casual fans won't even know Shamrocks record has been sour for a while now anyway.
Make it a main event on a fight night.