Chuck Liddell Will Be Dancing With The Stars This Season

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chuck Liddell Will Be Dancing With The Stars This Season
DCRage
8/17/09 9:03:36AM
That's right, this time he'll be on the floor instead of watching in the stands. The former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion was one of 16 celebrities announced today as participants on the next season of the ABC show "Dancing With The Stars", where he'll be paired up with a to-be-determined pro dancer for the competition. The season premieres September 21 on ABC.

Article
emfleek
8/17/09 9:18:46AM

Chuck Liddell, pro wrestler known as "the Iceman." Liddell might be the last-minute replacement for Kurt Angle, the pro wrestler rumored to be on the DWTS short list until his arrest for harassment just days ago.

LINK
imanidiot777
8/17/09 9:26:08AM

Posted by emfleek

Chuck Liddell, pro wrestler known as "the Iceman." Liddell might be the last-minute replacement for Kurt Angle, the pro wrestler rumored to be on the DWTS short list until his arrest for harassment just days ago.

LINK

Pro Wreslter? the media is absolutely retarded.
DCRage
8/17/09 9:56:27AM
He is a pro wrestler for TNA. As he says, It's True. It's True.
dangerfield
8/17/09 10:03:14AM

Posted by DCRage

He is a pro wrestler for TNA. As he says, It's True. It's True.

He means Chuck isn't a prowrestler named the Iceman not that Kurt Angle isn't a pro-wrestler.

... or am I ruining a perfectly good bit of jesting?
DCRage
8/17/09 10:12:37AM
Nah, you caught me not thinking again. I see what was being pointed out now, they called Liddell a wrestler instead of a cagefighter or mixed martial artist.
SmileR
8/17/09 10:46:55AM
Ohh Chuck, WHY?!?!
If he wasn't such a badass I'd take his man card!
ncordless
8/17/09 10:58:20AM
Maybe Chuck is doing some cross-training for his footwork?
KaibaThedon
8/17/09 11:47:45AM

Posted by ncordless

Maybe Chuck is doing some cross-training for his footwork?

Sinister
8/17/09 12:42:44PM
Brain_Smasher
8/17/09 1:19:51PM
It probably come down to Chuck "2 left feet" Liddell or Dan "2 right hands" Henderson.But ABC was worried that the dancer might circle the wrong way and this might happen.

So they just had to choose Chuck. It was a safety Issue.
Jackelope
8/17/09 3:05:42PM
Chuck.... why? Why?!
whardin19
8/17/09 3:13:19PM
This should be entertaining. I think I'll watch just to see how good he does. But this makes the retirement talks about true I think. Because if he still was fighting I'm not sure he'd be doing this.
Canadian-Pain
8/17/09 3:28:14PM
just dropped a few notches in my book...
Brain_Smasher
8/17/09 4:04:36PM
chuck is not retired. He said a while back he wants to take a year off to rest his "brain". I think its a good idea. His chin is gone and it isnt going to get better. Rest is the only thing that might help. With that said. Being on this show will get him doing something in the mean time. He will be on infront of 10-20 million people. Lots of those people will tune in to his next. Chuck has always got a PPV % so his fight with him new popularity will make a huge amount of money. So after he gets done dancing he will fight propbably someone he can beat to make him look legot for a big headline fight with a big name opponent.

Chuck wont leave money on the table and neither will Dana.
BigBadAl
8/17/09 4:34:07PM
To say he has gone down in estimations is harsh. If you really think about it what he is about to do takes guts. In my eyes it takes as much guts to dance on live tv as a complete novice as it does to get in the cage. Fair play to him I say and if he can pull it off then he will have even more members of the fairer sex with their eyes open. The ladies love a good mover as much as a hard hitter and if he can nail both then.........
GrandMaster313
8/17/09 4:43:20PM
DANCE CHUCKLZ DANCE!!!!!!
sparky
8/17/09 5:11:29PM
Gotta love Chuck Liddell
WheelchairBandit
8/17/09 10:31:44PM
What's the bet that he either-

A) Falls asleep on camera

or

B) Somehow manages to do the dance equivelent of "pulling a Lindland"?

I have the feeling he's going to make Marie Osmond look tame......

WB.
TimW001
8/18/09 2:17:53AM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by emfleek

LINK

Pro Wreslter? the media is absolutely retarded.

But the link says...

Chuck Liddell, UFC light heavyweight champion known as "the Iceman." Liddell might be the last-minute replacement for Kurt Angle, the wrestler rumored to be on the DWTS short list until his arrest just days ago.