Chuck Liddell, Cornerman

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chuck Liddell, Cornerman
juanez13
6/12/08 10:56:37PM

"I only had one [cornerman] flown out there for me," Wiman explained. "So I asked [Liddell] backstage, 'Hey, if you want to walk out with us, that would be cool.' And he was like, 'Dude, I'd love to.' I said 'And hey, if you want to stay in my corner, that would be cool as well, but I know you're a busy guy. You got things going on.' And he said 'I'd love to.' For that, I couldn't think more of Chuck as a person.

"It shows what kind of character he has. He's one of the highest-paid, most famous, biggest rock star in fighting history, in my opinion, and he's that quick to be in a servant position. That speaks a load on his character. He was genuinely helpful. He wasn't doing it for a PR stunt. He wasn't doing it to look like he's being helpful. He was doing it because he genuinely wanted to help someone."

LINK

Nice for chuck to do that, but not much of a cornerman if you ask me, he basically stared Wiman down at the end of the 1st......
wolfman
6/12/08 11:09:25PM

Cool, that was nice of Liddell. Liddell is the man.
holt8081
6/12/08 11:38:45PM
Ya I saw him cornering some guy in the WEC to but he was coaching this guy
wolfman
6/12/08 11:40:19PM

Posted by holt8081

Ya I saw him cornering some guy in the WEC to but he was coaching this guy

That'd be Antonio Banuelos. He also trains with Chuck at The Pit.
gravy13
6/12/08 11:47:06PM

Posted by juanez13

Nice for chuck to do that, but not much of a cornerman if you ask me, he basically stared Wiman down at the end of the 1st......

Having Chuck in your corner would be enough incentive to whoop someone's ass.
Aaronno9
6/13/08 10:21:21AM
Chuck seems to be abit of a good luck character to have in your corner, randleman beating cro cop and wimans wins where total upsets.
dannyfrank
6/13/08 12:10:22PM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by juanez13

Having Chuck in your corner would be enough incentive to whoop someone's ass.

seriously. chuck doesn't need to say anything, he just has to sit there and let his magical ass-beating powers travel to the guy he's cornering