Chuck Liddell vs Chael Sonnen? 'Iceman' would have taken the fight that Jon Jones didn't

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chuck Liddell vs Chael Sonnen? 'Iceman' would have taken the fight that Jon Jones didn't
SmileR
9/10/12 6:49:58PM
"I would have taken the fight, but I don't make his decisions or run his career for him. [Lyoto Machida's decision,] that's a different thing. Machida would have got a title fight he was in line for, whereas Chael was taking a title fight he wasn't in line for. If Lyoto was not in shape, I guess I understand. He was beat by Jones last time and he would have wanted time to prepare. It is different from a peak Jones turning down a fight."

Link

Heres a link to the full interview. . . Worth a watch if you've got time. Link to video
SmileR
9/10/12 6:55:34PM
This is why Chuck will always be remembered as the greatest LHW ever! The dude just loved to fight and would not turn down a challenge!
Budgellism
9/10/12 7:01:34PM
I wouldn't be disappointed if this had happened tbh.
shaneTpain
9/10/12 7:43:52PM
I'd love to see Chuck come back one last time & end his career on a high note with a triumphant vintage Ice Man one punch KO

Very un-likely against Sonnen but I can dream can't I
emfleek
9/10/12 7:47:06PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Not unlikely at all, IMO.
prophecy033
9/10/12 7:51:34PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by shaneTpain

Chuck coming out of retirement to save a ppv against Chael would have been huge. If I was Dana I would have loved to make it happen
FastKnockout
9/10/12 8:03:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by shaneTpain

Perfect style for Chuck.
meier
9/10/12 8:04:48PM
Dont understand why nakamura wasnt called upon to save the ppv
prophecy033
9/10/12 8:12:10PM

Posted by meier

or Sinosic
Budgellism
9/10/12 8:57:28PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by emfleek

Posted by shaneTpain

Perfect style for Chuck.

Agreed tbh. Liddell would be a bad match for Sonnen. I like Sonnen but to see a vintage Liddell KO would have been awesome.
sparky
9/10/12 8:58:40PM
Its Chuck Liddell and fighters like him that have all of us watchig this sport event after event

WAR ICEMAN

Chuck is and always will be my all time fav
prophecy033
9/10/12 9:41:48PM

Posted by sparky

Its Chuck Liddell and fighters like him that have all of us watchig this sport event after event

WAR ICEMAN

Chuck is and always will be my all time fav

I gotta spread the love Spark Dizzle
prozacnation1978
9/10/12 9:57:35PM
Sucks I would have loved to see chuck fight
meier
9/10/12 10:32:25PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by meier

or Sinosic

warglory
9/10/12 10:35:18PM

Posted by meier

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by meier

or Sinosic

Dude, has anyone told you, that you look exactly like Tim Robbins?
Chael_Sonnen
9/10/12 10:37:03PM
Can you imagine Chuck and Jon getting drunk together?

Who would drive home
ChrisSabal
9/10/12 10:53:21PM
I'd love to see Chuck fight Sonnen
prophecy033
9/10/12 10:58:56PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Who would drive home

All the ladies and the Iceman's ice cubes
Manak
9/10/12 11:17:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Who would drive home

All the ladies and the Iceman's ice cubes

funny and true story, my buddies were in vegas n had a bunch of girls with them but they got ditched by the girls. why did they ditch them you ask?? all the girls saw chuck and he took them all into his limo and drove off. weren't even mad cause chuck is a P.I.M.P.
Adrenaline
9/10/12 11:21:41PM

God damn I miss the Iceman. He was a guy you actually could believe when they said they would fight anyone, anywhere.

I chose this picture for Chuck's epic shirt. I think this was after the Franklin fight.

Adrenaline
9/10/12 11:24:12PM

Posted by Manak

funny and true story, my buddies were in vegas n had a bunch of girls with them but they got ditched by the girls. why did they ditch them you ask?? all the girls saw chuck and he took them all into his limo and drove off. weren't even mad cause chuck is a P.I.M.P.

Bwhahaha. If Chuck nailed my girlfriend, I would thank him and tell him it was an honor.
BigBadAl
9/11/12 5:49:02AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Manak

Bwhahaha. If Chuck nailed my girlfriend, I would thank him and tell him it was an honor.

Then jump right in to stir his porridge!

That's going to far right?