Chuck Liddell's Bar-fighting Tips -- 1. Don't Do It but ...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chuck Liddell's Bar-fighting Tips -- 1. Don't Do It but ...
SmileR
3/10/08 7:58:34PM
Asylum: What are your tips for bar fighting?

Chuck Liddell: My number one tip is, "Don't do it."

I worked as a bartender for a lot of years, and there's no reason to.

Ninety-nine percent of the fights that happen in bars, there's no reason for them. It's a waste of time.

But if you're going to do it, watch your surroundings. Watch for people. Be careful. Watch for bottles. Watch for the friends of the person you're fighting.

The biggest thing you have to worry about is other things coming at you other than the guy you're fighting. And watch for the door guys, too -- the door guys are coming soon. Trust me. Or maybe even the bartender. He might be jumping over.

Chucks fighting tips!

Theirs 8 more! I don't know if its been posted before but i thought it was cool!
juanez13
3/10/08 8:07:57PM
If you want real Helpful tips about Bar fighting, go check out Bas Rutten's Self Defense videos on youtube, most i've seen are about bar fighting, and USING your sorroundings
TimW001
3/10/08 8:23:40PM
I laughed at these. Chuck is awesome.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
SmileR
3/10/08 9:16:26PM

Posted by juanez13

If you want real Helpful tips about Bar fighting, go check out Bas Rutten's Self Defense videos on youtube, most i've seen are about bar fighting, and USING your sorroundings

Haha yeah i saw them the other month! Bas basically says do the opposite of what Chuck says!

I think i even saw one where he shows you how to smash a bottle over someones head!

EDIT: That wasn't true i just checked.
rabbit915
3/11/08 12:00:16AM
The tips were useful if boring, but the peanut butter smackdown challenge was ridiculous.
Mastodon2
3/11/08 3:26:40AM
Bas's dvd is the pinnacle of street fighting instruction, because it follows a simple premise; if you can't talk your way out of trouble or escape, and a fight is inevitable, the other guy might well kill you, so you are fighting for your life. Once you are fighting to possibly prevent your death, a whole myriad of new options for crippling your opponent open up.