Chuck and Forest

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chuck and Forest
Pitbull09
8/10/07 11:53:17PM
So I think the card wouldve been better if Forest went against Chuck Liddel and Shotgun took Jardine.

I mean, when new fighters come to the UFC, they usually fight a low card and Jardine is way to me than Forest. Plus with Forests past match wtih Tito, it would make things interesting to see if he could have a chance against Chuck. Chuck need a way better fight to be getting a title shot in 2 fights than Jardine too.
Twenty20Dollars
8/11/07 12:07:26AM
Chuck vs Forrest would draw a bigger crowd but I think the match ups are fine where they are at.
puppetmaster837
8/11/07 12:25:41AM
But Jardine KOed Forest, thats why he gets the bigger fight. Even though Shogun is ranked higher in the world rankings, he's still not as big a name when it comes to UFC
Pitbull09
8/11/07 1:06:18AM
I know about the Jardine Koing forest thing but seriously, Forest has proven a better shot agaisnt Chuck then Jardine. I would pay $40 if it was switched but looking at it now, Forest/ Shotgun look slightly exciting just because its shotguns debut. Other than that, its not worth the mone yto watch/
jomatty
8/11/07 6:57:36AM
chuck seems like a really bad matchup for forrest. i just dont see forrest's out there. he wont be able to take chuck down. if they somehow end up on the ground he wont be able to keep him there, and he wont be able to knock him out. i mean forrest is a brawler but his power is not great especially against ole hard head. the only way i see him winning is if he somehow jabbed and ran him to death and i just dont see that happening.

better matchups the way they are now. shogun (shotgun lol) may be a favorite over liddel but it also is a better match up for forrest, and i dont mind seeing jardine fed to liddel although the watching chuck ko him isnt that interesting either.
DCRage
8/11/07 12:44:15PM
Actually, Chuck-Shogun would be the best matchup just because they're the better fighters and both have a lot of drawing power.
Pitbull09
8/11/07 5:53:58PM

Posted by DCRage

Actually, Chuck-Shogun would be the best matchup just because they're the better fighters and both have a lot of drawing power.

\

I cant believe I didnt think of that, you could have Shotgun/Chuck and Forest/ Jardine 2
ocho-cinco
8/11/07 7:01:26PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I know about the Jardine Koing forest thing but seriously, Forest has proven a better shot agaisnt Chuck then Jardine. I would pay $40 if it was switched but looking at it now, Forest/ Shotgun look slightly exciting just because its shotguns debut. Other than that, its not worth the mone yto watch/

Have you ever seen Shogun fight?
d_block07
8/11/07 7:43:44PM

shogun/chuck and forest/jardine 2

thats the fight theyre trying to build hype for with these matchups. theyre assuming chuck and shogun will dominate and then fight eachother and then for the title which makes sense u cant jumo the gun and have chuck v shogun right off the bat as much as i would like that to happen
hardhitta513
8/11/07 10:58:50PM
i agree 110% chuck/shogun 4 tha title later on
BigEvil
8/12/07 9:47:24PM
Yeah they want to see Chuck vs. Shogun when it really means something. Plus imagine this set up, Shogun rolls Forrest gets a title shot at either Rampage or Henderson. Lets say Shogun wins the title. Chuck beats Wanderlei on New Years. Chuck vs. Shogun for the title and Shoguns chance to get redemption for Wanderlei for the 2nd time in a row (Henderson beat Wanderlei too remeber). Great story lines a a great way to build Shogun up to be a major fan favorite.