Chuck to fight Shogun?!?!?!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chuck to fight Shogun?!?!?!?
Next Page »
TNunley
9/25/07 2:36:22PM
"He’s already said he’ll be back in the gym next Monday,” said Hackleman, who has coached Liddell for 16 years. “He’s going to fight again, hopefully as soon as possible, maybe in December. We’re looking at ‘Shogun.’”

Check this out

ncordless
9/25/07 2:43:41PM

Posted by TNunley

"He’s already said he’ll be back in the gym next Monday,” said Hackleman, who has coached Liddell for 16 years. “He’s going to fight again, hopefully as soon as possible, maybe in December. We’re looking at ‘Shogun.’”

Check this out

Yeah, that thumbs up button toward the right is how you give me props.

Those who ask do not receive, those who receive do not ask.
TNunley
9/25/07 2:44:34PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by TNunley

Check this out

What are you talking about?
TwistedTyrant
9/25/07 2:55:44PM
That should be an interesting fight, maybe shogun will a little more used to the whole octagon and new rules thing. Of course taking the favorite moves of a fighter will hinder him quite a bit, so I can't believe I am saying this but chuck might get back on his winning ways...
hotrodttt
9/25/07 3:26:32PM
I would give it to Chuck for the sheer fact that he showed some life , Shogun just did nothin
nubby
9/25/07 3:29:59PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I would give it to Chuck for the sheer fact that he showed some life , Shogun just did nothin

I agree. Shogun that you guys knew and love won't be back for a while.
cowcatcher
9/25/07 3:33:50PM
beer belly and all, chuck looked to have much, much better cardio than shogun, but i cant see this one going 15 minutes(couldnt see chuck/jardine doing that either). this is similar to chuck/wandy, reckless, aggressive striker vs great counterpuncher, and i think based solely on their last performances chuck would win. now, if the shogun ive seen so many times before shows up, its 3 L's in a row for chuck.
wagere
9/25/07 3:54:18PM
Give Chuck a can. Cant stand the thought of three in a row.
nubby
9/25/07 5:09:36PM
I hate when people suggest giving a top fighter a can. if he can't pull off a win against a top copetitor then he doesn't deserve to be ranked in the top 10 pure and simple.
nickcuc547
9/25/07 6:09:12PM
i think chuck matches up very well with shogun, his power will be too much for him to handle, i dont know if shogun has a chin like jardine.
Lay_N_Pray
9/25/07 6:33:46PM
This matchup wont make to much sense. Liddell is out of title contention for the near future...and Shogun should fight a guy like Alexander, Machida, Lambert, someone who could be thought of for a title shot, because then with a win there, Shogun could maybe be a fight or two away from his own title shot.

A win against Chuck wouldnt get him any closer to a title...and win against Shogun for Chuck would be a great way to retire, but thats it. You couldnt ask for a better way to go out, but I think he is trying to stay in the title picture, and he obviously doesnt deserve that now, he should have to wait like the rest
MMAnomale
9/26/07 11:15:11AM
I love John Hackleman and the Pit but I think Chuck needs a change of scenery and someone to motivate him and not kiss hiss ass. He needs to stop thinking he's a rock star (although he kinda is, but that won't help his fighting).
I think Chuck vs. Shogun is a lose/lose situation for the UFC. Although it would be great to watch, I think they want both fighters to rebound and work their way back up. That's what the fans want to see. I can't help but have a bias towards both Chuck and Shogun. Shogun, along with GSP, has been my fav fighter four four years now. I like GSP back when hardly anyone knew who he was. But the UFC wants these fighters to win, and then maybe match them up, that way, it draws alot more controversy and audience. Great fight either way, I just think the UFC wouldn't put these two particular fighters in this situation.
NatedawgThaM
9/26/07 11:17:38AM
Chuck will get KTFO end of story...

He keeps his hands down way to low and against a good or great fighter he would get KO'd easy...If I was Shogun I would counter punch and let Chuck come in and then grab his head fast and start throwing knees and the he's done...
nubby
9/26/07 11:19:46AM
After his last showing I don't think Chuck will ever work his way back up to the top. He's already getting to be too old. His punches have lost their zip, when was the last time we saw any of chucks fights go to a decision... it tells us all we need to know.
LR
9/26/07 11:44:24AM
I didn't think he'd work his way back up after the Rampage fight. Shogun is a very tough challenge, and will be if he goes out and works his cardio.
MMAFever
9/26/07 12:09:24PM
This would be a great fight.

A different Chuck would enter the octagon for this one fo show!

jeremygreen
9/26/07 8:15:17PM
I would love to see that fight, then both fighers could have a chance to redeem themselves from their loses.
jgtribbett
9/27/07 8:08:52AM

Posted by hotrodttt

i hope shogun gets off his ass and does soemthing this time. jesus... he didnt do anything at all against griffin.

but as of right now. i'm going with chuck
probeast1
9/27/07 1:18:17PM
shogun hurt his knee according to a brazillion paper..he goes for surgery on friday the 28..they say he will be out for 6 months so i think chucks got to find someone else...peace
TNunley
9/27/07 1:19:42PM

Posted by probeast1

shogun hurt his knee according to a brazillion paper..he goes for surgery on friday the 28..they say he will be out for 6 months so i think chucks got to find someone else...peace

Yeah I read that too... then I read Chuck's coach may still be aiming for Chuck to fight Wandy in Dec.
nubby
9/27/07 1:21:23PM
Oooo, Hurt his knee how? In the fight? Uh oh, we might be jumping the gun too soon with Forrest?
TNunley
9/27/07 1:26:33PM

Posted by nubby

Oooo, Hurt his knee how? In the fight? Uh oh, we might be jumping the gun too soon with Forrest?

I doubt it, but we'll see with both Forrest's next performance as well as Shogun's... let's not jump the gun on jumping the gun.
probeast1
9/27/07 1:32:56PM
no he says he hurt his knee in training
nubby
9/27/07 2:17:54PM

Posted by probeast1

no he says he hurt his knee in training

Before or after the fight?
ncordless
9/27/07 2:21:16PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by ncordless

Posted by TNunley

Check this out

What are you talking about?

I am talking about the request for props that you edited out.
TNunley
9/27/07 2:28:23PM

Posted by ncordless

WHAT?!?!?!?!? I don't remember typing that... and it's not in my post.
ncordless
9/27/07 2:34:41PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by ncordless

WHAT?!?!?!?!? I don't remember typing that... and it's not in my post.

Haha, can't fool me. I have your original quote in my first entry. Don't worry about it though. It's not a big deal. It was right to edit it because alot of people refuse to give props to people who ask for them, regardless of the worth of the post.

BTW- This is a good thread, so thanks for the link.
probeast1
9/27/07 2:53:31PM
he hurt his knee before the fight ..this is the story from the paper.. (The following is an excerpt from an article in a local Curitiba, Brazil newspaper roughly translated from Portuguese to English:

“I was Really very sad, was the worse defeat of my career”, declared Shogun. Previously, a broken arm - in the fight against Mark Coleman - and a finishing against Renato “Babalu” Sobral in 2003 had been the only defeats of the "curitibano".

“I had never gassed as i gassed in this fight. But he does not advance to invent excuses, the error was mine, I did not train as he would have, I did not concentrate myself, had had other things that had confused, but it also had merits. "I learned a lesson from this and now i will have to train to comeback stronger”, relieved the fighter.

In the fight, the breath lack made with that the "curitibano" searched all the time to knock down Griffin, but without success. The exchange of blows also was engaged. “As i gassed, i wanted to decide on the ground, in a top position. At the beginning, the objective was to fight standing and to decide there, but as the time went by, i got very tired”, lamented.

Beyond the problems in the preparation, Shogun also blamed an injury in one of the knees as one of the problems faced for him in the last two months. “I busted the ligament during trainings, I was limited, i could not run, i could not thresh right. Still though, i trained sufficiently, but not enough”, he affirmed.

To decide the problem, Shogun disclosed that “it will go for the surgery” already on this friday (28). “I'll have a knee surgery on friday and must be away from training for the next three months. For what I talked with the master Rudimar (Fedrigo), I'll only comeback to fight in January or February”. The goal, although the defeat, follows being the same one: “The goal is the belt, the fight continues”, concluded. )
TNunley
9/27/07 3:18:44PM

Posted by ncordless

Haha, can't fool me. I have your original quote in my first entry. Don't worry about it though. It's not a big deal. It was right to edit it because alot of people refuse to give props to people who ask for them, regardless of the worth of the post.

You're like a modern day Sherlock Holmes... props
BigEvil
9/28/07 7:51:52PM

Posted by TNunley

Posted by ncordless

You're like a modern day Sherlock Holmes... props

now on to the topic
I think this would be a good fight but defenitly a tough test for Chuck. If he couldn't get past Jardine I'm not sure if he would want to make his next opponent Shogun... who knows though?
Pages: [1] 2