Who should Chuck fight next?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who should Chuck fight next?
POLL: Chucks next Fight?
Luis Arthur Cane 16% (6)
Mauricio Rua 16% (6)
Sokoudjou 18% (7)
Brandon Vera 21% (8)
Eric Schafer 13% (5)
Fight at Heavyweight 16% (6)
mentalcase
10/24/08 11:34:22PM
Discuss
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
juanez13
10/24/08 11:37:06PM
Soko, would be a great fight.
cmill21
10/24/08 11:40:30PM

Posted by juanez13

I think they'll give him someone who is more of a wrestler with limited stand up. They still want to put him back in the title shot relm to get more dollers out of him.
haggiswashere
10/24/08 11:44:53PM
someone recommended tim boetch on another thread and i like that idea. or move up to heavyweight and fight gonzaga or somethin
mentalcase
10/24/08 11:45:51PM

Posted by juanez13

thanks for the response dude but can you also answer the poll
haggiswashere
10/24/08 11:47:58PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by juanez13

lol thats what i was thinking too
Wolfenstein
10/24/08 11:48:04PM
I would like for it to be Luiz Cane, but I doubt they'll make that matchup.

It will probably be a tailor-made opponent to get Chuck back on the winning track, butas I look at the UFC LHW roster there really aren't any established guys that would be a gimme fight for Chuck, so I'm going to stick with my main man Luiz Cane.

If Chuck loses again I think he retires so this is really a pivotal match in his career.
haggiswashere
10/24/08 11:49:56PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

It will probably be a tailor-made opponent to get Chuck back on the winning track, butas I look at the UFC LHW roster there really aren't any established guys that would be a gimme fight for Chuck, so I'm going to stick with my main man Luiz Cane.

If Chuck loses again I think he retires so this is really a pivotal match in his career.

imo rashad was a tailor made opponent. but rashad pulled a crazy somethin out of his hat.
juanez13
10/24/08 11:56:01PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by juanez13

lol thats what i was thinking too

Lol 90% of the time i dont answer polls ...dont know why, i just never do. But since you called me out on it, I did it
cmill21
10/25/08 12:04:31AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Maybe they'll bring in a guy like Arona to face Chuck, hype the shit outta him and it becomes win win. If he can't take chuck down he'll more then likely get Ko'd since his chin isn't fantastic so he's about the biggest name around that would get people talking and it's still a favourable match up for Chuck(unless he demolishes his leg with kicks).
ufcboss
10/25/08 12:11:46AM
And make him a Prelim fight! Make him fight hard for a KO so he gets airtime!
cmill21
10/25/08 12:14:24AM

Posted by ufcboss

No way. Chuck isn't what he used to be but you ask any mma fan, or random people on the street and they will know who Chuck is.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/25/08 12:26:47AM
i think chuck should fight shogun. if shogun wins , they built a new star among the mainstream fans . If chuck wins, hes back on track in a big way .
plus it would be like wandy vs chuck all over again .
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/25/08 12:43:04AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

i think chuck should fight shogun. if shogun wins , they built a new star among the mainstream fans . If chuck wins, hes back on track in a big way .
plus it would be like wandy vs chuck all over again .

gotta spread the love
higdon10
10/25/08 1:32:09AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by ufcboss

No way. Chuck isn't what he used to be but you ask any mma fan, or random people on the street and they will know who Chuck is.

Once again the sarcasim is overlooked...
higdon10
10/25/08 1:37:30AM
As for who Chuck should fight next. I would like to see him get Brandon Vera. But I expect it to be a lower level guy.
mkiv9secsupra
10/25/08 7:28:40AM
I would like for him to fight Shogun to see if either are still a real contender for the title. But i would also like to see him KO Vera so he will go back to HW. But the UFC will five him Schafer since he is off a win over a known fighter.
breakdown5
10/25/08 8:37:02AM
I think he should move up to heavy weight. He'll still struggle at the top of the class but his strengths were always his counters and his fast hands, both of which are being negated by the faster stronger LHW contenders that are coming up.

I think everyone on the poll except Shafer would tool Chuck. Chuck has been figured out and he needs to be where his strengths are still viable, at HW competing against slower opposition who can't get off before Chuck does.

Personally, I don't think Chuck can really hang with the top dogs of either weight class anymore and is not gonna make another run for the belt. They were trying to give him a lay up with Rashad and he blew it, so I don't see him getting another shot at the belt unless they throw him to the top contenders and he manages to pull out the W (which I just don't see happening).
Wallass
10/25/08 11:59:21AM
Seth Petruzelli or Kurt Angle as both opponents would have nthing to lose. Maybe Vera if UFC doesnt release him?
higdon10
10/25/08 3:20:33PM

Posted by Wallass

Seth Petruzelli or Kurt Angle as both opponents would have nthing to lose. Maybe Vera if UFC doesnt release him?

Wow
SpiderSilva
10/26/08 2:34:16AM
last I herd he was already fighting retirement and was losing (he is no Courture)
mentalcase
10/26/08 6:59:00AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

last I herd he was already fighting retirement and was losing (he is no Courture)

no couture but he'll knock couture TFOut
Budgellism
10/26/08 1:08:41PM
Neither of these guys... I'd really like to see him fight Anderson Silva
bzwez
10/26/08 3:37:10PM
you should definetly put Anderson on the poll!
bzwez
10/26/08 3:40:16PM
Or maybe Houston, that would be exciting!
mentalcase
10/26/08 4:37:59PM

Posted by bzwez

you should definetly put Anderson on the poll!

i dont think i can edit the poll
keith-hackney1
10/26/08 7:26:19PM
In my opinion, chuck is in desperate need of a win. I see Elvis sinosec coming back to the UFC again ... !!!! ha ha ha