If not Chuck, then who?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » If not Chuck, then who?
ocho-cinco
8/13/07 4:45:19PM
If Wanderlie doesn't fight Liddell in his next fight, then who should he fight?

There are a few good matchups out there that I would like to see. One would be the winner of Ortiz Vs Evans 2. If Ortiz wins, that sets up another epic fight, that speaks for itself. If it's Rashad, that would also be a nice fight. It would give Evans the contender fight that he would need after beating Tito. Also it would give Wanderlie a fight against a fairly big name, so the fight could be hyped. Another match-up might be the loser of Jackson Vs Hendo. I know he has fought both of them but I wouldn't mind a rematch.

Thoughts....
juanez13
8/13/07 4:49:16PM
i think they will give him the winner of Lyoto Machida vs Nakamura.......

and if they dont wanna give him a possible top contender as his first fight i think they Will give him the Winner of Houston Alaxander Vs Alessio Sakara
ocho-cinco
8/13/07 6:03:23PM

Posted by juanez13

i think they will give him the winner of Lyoto Machida vs Nakamura.......

and if they dont wanna give him a possible top contender as his first fight i think they Will give him the Winner of Houston Alaxander Vs Alessio Sakara

The only problem with the winner of Machida Vs Nakamura is they aren't really big names for the casual fan. The UFC should be looking to put Wanderlie against someone who is well known in North America. I could be wrong thats just the way I see it.
Twenty20Dollars
8/13/07 6:18:34PM
babalu
CwB
8/13/07 6:24:06PM
1. tito vs wandy that would be an awesome rematch

if not tito then it has to be chuck
kalymike
8/13/07 7:08:48PM
I agree putting Wanderlei with a somewhat big name.....the choices are small...but i would love to see tito or rashad...but defineatly chuck though.
juanez13
8/13/07 7:08:51PM
CwB

the problem with tito is that he is fighting at ufc 77, and most of the rumors are that wanderlei will be fighting on Dec., so it will ufc 79 Dec29...........so i think it will be to close for tito to fight wanderlei 2 months after his fight with rashad....so i am pretty sure its not tito..........but if he happens not to be fighting at ufc 79 i agree tito would be the best 2nd choice..

so all fingers are pointing at chuck right now, it only makes sense......but in the case of that not happening maybe they should give him stephan bonnar, or bisping, or some TUF guy.....
ocho-cinco
8/13/07 7:19:30PM
Bonnar would get eaten alive! I don't think Bisping is ready for someone like Wanderlie, although I guess he has to learn sometime.
CwB
8/13/07 7:25:48PM
Juanez

ohhh yeah i forgot plus tito only has one fight left on his contract and he has been talking about leaving ufc so dana probably wouldnt give him that big of a fight until he renewed his contract. thanks for reminding me.

i would rather see him fight machida or babalu then, if not tito or chuck
juanez13
8/13/07 7:51:22PM
CwB

Np.....yea machida would be a great match, but ocho-cinco mentioned that he is not a really big name for the casual UFC fan, and the ufc probably wants give him a guy that is recognized, kind of the same thing they are doing with shogun(giving him a Popular TUF guy), and Babalu i wouldnt be sure, it would be a great fight, so choices are babalu or a TUF guy, and my personal favourite(if not chuck or tito of course) would be against the winner of sakara vs houston,,,,both very aggresive fighters, and would make wanderlei look very good.....
Bass
8/13/07 10:13:23PM
i think chuck should fight the winner of forrest/ shogun. there really isn't any other big names out there for him to fight. maybe rashad if he beats tito, but lets get serious, that won't happen. it's to soon for a chuck - tito rematch, and i think that chuck deserves to fight a big name. so if its not for the title then who else is there other than forrest or shogun?
Bass
8/13/07 10:15:51PM
***oh shit, my bad i thought we were talking chuck's next opponent.****
for sure silva should fight winner of tito/evans or babalu, assuming he wins.
SpiderSilva
8/14/07 2:40:02AM
I would like to see Silva destroy Tito after all the trash Tito talks about him
alvin
8/14/07 5:12:06PM
Chad Johnson

WHO-DEY!
masodd
8/14/07 7:48:00PM
houston alexander
Boo_Radley21
8/15/07 12:48:50AM
me
Jackelope
8/15/07 2:12:25AM
HA!!!!!!!!!!

Wanderlei Silva vs. Rashad Evans? Please, if there's a lord above let this fight happen so I can watch Evans made into a complete and total fool. Wanderlei would DESTROY Rashad. I can't even believe people bring that up hahaha
ocho-cinco
8/15/07 3:42:22AM

Posted by Jackelope

HA!!!!!!!!!!

Wanderlei Silva vs. Rashad Evans? Please, if there's a lord above let this fight happen so I can watch Evans made into a complete and total fool. Wanderlei would DESTROY Rashad. I can't even believe people bring that up hahaha

I Agree that Rashad would be way over his head against Wanderlie, but this fight could happen.
Ultimate_fighter
8/15/07 6:22:02PM

Posted by masodd

houston alexander

this fight would be explosive, i think we should watch this next fight with alexander, if he puts him out within 2 minutes, give him to wanderlei... and wat if houston like destroyed silva??? like a ko in a minute?!?!? i think houston would fight rampage for the title.... that fight woud be awesome!!!
cowcatcher
8/15/07 6:25:55PM
im not sold on alexander yet, i think jardine disrespected and overlooked alexander and houston made him pay, but i need to see more of him before i get ahead of myself and put him in there against wandy, or think championship bout for that matter