Chris Wilson - Thinking Upset on Saturday

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chris Wilson - Thinking Upset on Saturday
ThaAxeMurderer7
2/28/08 11:31:25PM
“Nobody expects me to win,” said Wilson in a tone mixing disbelief and laughter. “I don’t get it; I know how to fight, I come from Team Quest, it’s a great camp, I have an Olympic Silver medalist to train with every single day in Matt Lindland, I train with Ed Herman and Ryan Schultz and these guys go out and put beatdowns on people all the time.

He does have one of the best camps behind him. My money is still on Fitch though.

Link
NatedawgThaM
2/28/08 11:36:22PM

Fitch is the best WW in the world, at least until GSP actually proves he can beat Serra and actually defends his title. 12 or 13 straight wins I believe? And both losses were early on in his career before AKA.
RMFG_187
2/29/08 12:22:14AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Fitch is the best WW in the world, at least until GSP actually proves he can beat Serra and actually defends his title. 12 or 13 straight wins I believe? And both losses were early on in his career before AKA.

the best WW in the world is a overstatement. But he is top 5. I still have Hughes, Serra & GSP ahead of him, just for the fact he hasn't been tested enough, he did fight and beat Diego, and Alves. But he lost due too TKO by Gouveia, who isn't even in Top 10. So don't think Fitch is all that just yet. Wait till he either fights the Loser of GSP Serra, or Hughes on his comeback too the top. in either case, Serra would sub Fitch, GSP would K Fitch TFO, and Hughes would win via GnP. just MO tho.
Pookie
2/29/08 12:24:49AM
Chris Wilson isnt talking like most do when they upset people.

The ones that end up with the huge upsets are usually quite subtle about it.
The way he's talking is like hes trying to convince us.

I got a great camp, with silver medalists!
Yes... but thats not you Wilson...
wolfman
2/29/08 1:07:23AM

Posted by Pookie

True.
McBee
2/29/08 1:15:25AM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Pookie

True.

no way in hell this guy wins period
Kpro
2/29/08 4:30:43AM
Anyone can beat anyone in this sport.

For someone to think any matchup has a 100% winner, you need to get back on your meds.
emfleek
2/29/08 8:49:41AM
Go Fitch!
CornishMMA
2/29/08 8:53:07AM
The kid has better striking than Fitch imo, i wouldnt laugh so hard guys this is a tough fight for Fitch
silverbullet
2/29/08 9:38:47AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He barely beat Sanchez after 3 rounds of laying and praying not to get subbed
wolfman
2/29/08 12:06:13PM

Posted by Kpro

Anyone can beat anyone in this sport.

For someone to think any matchup has a 100% winner, you need to get back on your meds.

Well said, in mma anything can happen. With that said, I still think Fitch is still going to stop him in the 2nd rd.
wolfman
2/29/08 12:09:17PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He barely beat Sanchez after 3 rounds of laying and praying not to get subbed

I still think he won pretty convincingly. It should not have been a split decision. I could see how Sanchez won one of the three rounds, yet there is no way he won two of the three. It was not lay n pray, Fitch dominated and he did get in some bad positions. However, he was never in any real danger of being submitted.
Kpro
2/29/08 2:07:26PM
For those who don't remember, Fitch lost round 1 to Carneiro in their recent fight before sinking in the RNC in the 2nd.
Pookie
2/29/08 2:13:25PM
Carneiro is also a very good fighter, who also would beat chris wilson.
NatedawgThaM
2/29/08 9:39:27PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by NatedawgThaM

the best WW in the world is a overstatement. But he is top 5. I still have Hughes, Serra & GSP ahead of him, just for the fact he hasn't been tested enough, he did fight and beat Diego, and Alves. But he lost due too TKO by Gouveia, who isn't even in Top 10. So don't think Fitch is all that just yet. Wait till he either fights the Loser of GSP Serra, or Hughes on his comeback too the top. in either case, Serra would sub Fitch, GSP would K Fitch TFO, and Hughes would win via GnP. just MO tho.

You missed the part where I said 12 or 13 straight wins with his two losses coming in his first 3 or 4 fights before he started training with AKA. Ever since he has been unstopable. If you ask me IMO, Fitch has been more tested then GSP. He's beaten contender after contender except Karo, Hughes, Serra, and GSP. But everybody else he has beaten. That fight with Diego should have been unanimous. Fitch would run through Serra. Fitch would outwrestle old Hughes resulting in a win. GSP fight would be a war. The dude hasn't lost in years.

Pookie is right, he might train with theses medalist but he ain't one. Fitch is gonna stomp him. Then GSP...
Tailgunner
3/1/08 11:44:13AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

[. If you ask me IMO, Fitch has been more tested then GSP. He's beaten contender after contender except Karo, Hughes, Serra, and GSP. But everybody else he has beaten.
Pookie is right, he might train with theses medalist but he ain't one. Fitch is gonna stomp him. Then GSP...

Sorry but how could anyone think Fitch has been tested more than GSP?....Fitch has NOT been tested more than GSP , Fitch has had a pretty easy fight history compared to GSP

Fitch's UFC fight history

Sanchez-Carneiro-Fioravanti-Alves-Burkman-Larson Who out of these guys were EVER contenders again??

GSP's UFC fight history

Hughes UFC champ twice- Penn UFC Champ- Koscheck-Sherk UFC Champ- Trigg-Miller-Karo-Hieron

Who in their right mind would think Fitch has been tested more than GSP???

GSP has beaten 3 UFC Champions (4 after he mauls Serra), how many UFC champions has Fitch beat?

Please......Fitch is good but he ain't GSP.
NatedawgThaM
3/1/08 2:26:06PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by NatedawgThaM

[. If you ask me IMO, Fitch has been more tested then GSP. He's beaten contender after contender except Karo, Hughes, Serra, and GSP. But everybody else he has beaten.

Sorry but how could anyone think Fitch has been tested more than GSP?....Fitch has NOT been tested more than GSP , Fitch has had a pretty easy fight history compared to GSP

Fitch's UFC fight history

Sanchez-Carneiro-Fioravanti-Alves-Burkman-Larson Who out of these guys were EVER contenders again??

GSP's UFC fight history

Hughes UFC champ twice- Penn UFC Champ- Koscheck-Sherk UFC Champ- Trigg-Miller-Karo-Hieron

Who in their right mind would think Fitch has been tested more than GSP???

GSP has beaten 3 UFC Champions (4 after he mauls Serra), how many UFC champions has Fitch beat?

Please......Fitch is good but he ain't GSP.

Fitch hasn't lost in the UFC and GSP has lost twice, so if were going by what your saying. Neither have been tested yet. GSP hasn't been tested as a true champion because he couldn't even defend the title once. He lost to Serra, who I thought was retired before TUF and who nobody had in there top 50 before he beat a bunch of natural lightweights at welterweight.

Fitch hasn't lost yet to great competition and has won 12-13 straight. GSP hasn't even defended the title once. So yeah, Fitch seems to be more tested because he can actually take a fight seriously
Tailgunner
3/1/08 10:43:39PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Fitch hasn't lost yet to great competition and has won 12-13 straight. GSP hasn't even defended the title once. So yeah, Fitch seems to be more tested because he can actually take a fight seriously

How many UFC Champions has Fitch beat??? None,Zero, Nadda, GSP has beaten 3 already, GSP has ALREADY been the UFC WW Champion and is currently the Interim WW Champ.

Fitch hasn't defended the title yet cause he has never won the belt, and he looked pretty average against a nobody tonight.

Fitch is a poor-mans GSP imho, GSP is faster, bigger, stronger and more skilled.

GSP and Fitch should fight sometime in the next year , we will see if Fitch can andle the riddum.