Chris Weidman vs Tim Boetsch at UFC 155

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chris Weidman vs Tim Boetsch at UFC 155
« Previous Page
jjeans
9/9/12 8:03:10AM

Posted by Aether

Not an interesting fight at all, IMO.

Boetsch landed a nice flurry on Okami in a fight where he lost the first two rounds by a huge margin, then he got what IMO was a bad decision over Lombard in one of the most boring, uneventful fights I've ever seen. If you just look at the W/L column and the names, Boetsch's run looks pretty impressive. If you watch the actual fights, it's pretty clear that Boetsch is not a contender.

A win is a win I understand what your saying and where your coming from but it doesn't matter how badly you win 23 minutes of a fight in Sonnens case, 14 minutes and 15 seconds in Alves' case you fight for 15/25 minutes. The fight can end in 4 seconds or 14:59 seconds, just cause you relaxed or whatever Okami was laying on his back out cold, if your gameplans to win 10 minutes of a fight dominantly then your a stupid fighter, you go out there to win.

Lombard and Boetsch was a close fight but statistically, According to the FightMetric stats from the bout, Boetsch out-landed Lombard in significant strikes 54-26 for the fight, with a 19-9, 16-10, and 19-7 advantage in the three respective rounds.

Also the Nick Ring fight, I scored it 29-28 to my boy, I thought Ring had Bispinged the first 2 rounds enough to secure the victory.

I see your point that watching the fights he shouldn't be a contender but until someone dominates him or at least hands him a loss, he is certainly in the higher end of the mix in a promoters mind
bigrand826
9/10/12 12:32:42PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Aether

Not an interesting fight at all, IMO.

Boetsch landed a nice flurry on Okami in a fight where he lost the first two rounds by a huge margin, then he got what IMO was a bad decision over Lombard in one of the most boring, uneventful fights I've ever seen. If you just look at the W/L column and the names, Boetsch's run looks pretty impressive. If you watch the actual fights, it's pretty clear that Boetsch is not a contender.

A win is a win I understand what your saying and where your coming from but it doesn't matter how badly you win 23 minutes of a fight in Sonnens case, 14 minutes and 15 seconds in Alves' case you fight for 15/25 minutes. The fight can end in 4 seconds or 14:59 seconds, just cause you relaxed or whatever Okami was laying on his back out cold, if your gameplans to win 10 minutes of a fight dominantly then your a stupid fighter, you go out there to win.

Lombard and Boetsch was a close fight but statistically, According to the FightMetric stats from the bout, Boetsch out-landed Lombard in significant strikes 54-26 for the fight, with a 19-9, 16-10, and 19-7 advantage in the three respective rounds.

Also the Nick Ring fight, I scored it 29-28 to my boy, I thought Ring had Bispinged the first 2 rounds enough to secure the victory.

I see your point that watching the fights he shouldn't be a contender but until someone dominates him or at least hands him a loss, he is certainly in the higher end of the mix in a promoters mind

The problem is that Anderson didn't think Weidman was worthy right now, so I don't know that he'll think any different if Weidman beats Boetsch. I don't know that it will matter what Anderson (or Soares) thinks at that point, but who knows.

Either way, that's 3 top 10 wins in a row for the winner, whoever it is. That's more than anyone else has racked up on their way to a MW title shot.
Pages: 1 [2]