Chris Weidman vs Tim Boetsch at UFC 155

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chris Weidman vs Tim Boetsch at UFC 155
Next Page »
Poor_Franklin
9/7/12 3:03:11PM
Two top middleweight contenders will meet in December at UFC 155 when Chris Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) takes on Tim Boetsch (16-4 MMA, 7-3 UFC).

Multiple outlets, including foxsports.com and newsday.com, today reported that verbal agreements are in place. MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) subsequently confirmed it.

The fight will be part of the main card of UFC 155, which takes place Dec. 29 in Las Vegas at a venue to be announced.

The main card, including a heavyweight title fight between champion Junior Dos Santos and former titleholder Cain Velasquez, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

LINK
State_Champ
9/7/12 3:07:50PM
YES!

I sooooooo hope Boetsch smashes Weidman (and then goes on to defeat Anderson Silva in what would have to be the greatest fluke winning streak in MMA history).

In all seriousness though, Weidman ought to win this.

Always excited to see a great prospect rising, and always excited to see the Barbarian do his thing.
kopower
9/7/12 3:07:52PM
I like it. Thought Chris needed at least one more fight before stepping into the title picture. Tim is no joke either. Should be a good scrap.
Poor_Franklin
9/7/12 3:12:14PM
picking Weidman. rooting for Boetsch.

does this mean Belcher will get the Stann/Bisping winner? or do you think he'll still get Vitor if/when he loses to JJ?
Chael_Sonnen
9/7/12 3:15:50PM
Little Timmay will finally get exposed as a undercard fighter masquerading as a main card fighter

Weidman via ELBOW TKO rd 2
cowcatcher
9/7/12 3:19:31PM
This matchup makes me feel, well...

george112
9/7/12 3:34:28PM
Content with this match-up.
lohmann
9/7/12 3:44:54PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

picking Weidman. rooting for Boetsch.

does this mean Belcher will get the Stann/Bisping winner? or do you think he'll still get Vitor if/when he loses to JJ?

Probably the Stann vs. Bisping winner, although Michael Bisping ($$$) still seems the likeliest contender to face Silva in the likely event the superfight falls through.

Weidman vs. Boetsch makes sense. The winner obviously deserves a title shot.
Shawn91111
9/7/12 3:49:49PM
Chris takes this one via UD or sub
pmoney
9/7/12 4:34:21PM
I always hate these matches, where someone I like has to lose. It should be a great fight though. From Boetsch's epic judo toss of Nick Ring and brutal uppercut KO of Okami, to Weidman's savaging of Munoz and Lawler, these guys have shown that more often than not they bring it.
Wallass
9/7/12 4:36:46PM

Posted by State_Champ

YES!

I sooooooo hope Boetsch smashes Weidman (and then goes on to defeat Anderson Silva in what would have to be the greatest fluke winning streak in MMA history).

Always excited to see a great prospect rising, and always excited to see the Barbarian do his thing.

Agreed except Anthony Perosh and Mark Hunt went 3-o and if you told me 4 years ago that it'd happen id have called you stupid!
kingsmasher
9/7/12 4:55:28PM
Man this is Weidman all day...I feel sorry for Boetsch....Weidman will make a point in this fight and call out Silva....Silva wont be able to run from Weidman after this...

I want the UFC to get its act together on making fighters who hold the belt fight at least once every four months...Ridiculous for a champion to say hes taking six months off or he doesnt want to fight such and such...

Weidman by submission because he wants to...
infestructure
9/7/12 5:16:55PM

Posted by cowcatcher

This matchup makes me feel, well...

Is this GIF from the "Leonard" series? I watched "Leonard Part 6" at four in the morning on television once and I felt like I'd just been through a bad trip.
bjj1605
9/7/12 5:56:00PM
Good to hear.

Weidman hadn't earned the shot yet. The timing of this is a little bit weird though.

If they are planning to do GSP vs Silva then Weidman will have to wait a long time to get his title shot.

Do you guys think Weidman would sit out and wait or would he take a fight against Belcher or Stann/Bisping in the mean time?
jjeans
9/7/12 6:37:00PM

Posted by pmoney

I always hate these matches, where someone I like has to lose. It should be a great fight though. From Boetsch's epic judo toss of Nick Ring and brutal uppercut KO of Okami, to Weidman's savaging of Munoz and Lawler, these guys have shown that more often than not they bring it.

Don't say you forgot as well p$! Tim didn't judo toss Nick Ring! He judo tossed Phil Davis! Duh

This is a sick fight though, Wiedman will have trouble taking down a heavier man. If he can TD Tim he can easily takedown Silva IMO
State_Champ
9/7/12 6:58:47PM

Posted by Wallass

Posted by State_Champ

YES!

Agreed except Anthony Perosh and Mark Hunt went 3-o and if you told me 4 years ago that it'd happen id have called you stupid!

I see what you're saying.... but neither of their streaks involve beating Anderson Silva. Boetsch's fantasy winning streak would be so amazing mainly because it would involve unseating (arguably) the reigning king of MMA.
Cooler
9/7/12 8:49:53PM
Really want Boetsch to win to show he's not a fluke and could possibly be the best but Weidman looks like he's too strong for anyone at this point. This will be a great fight to see where they are both at. We all know if Boetsch is losing the fight going into the 3rd he will still have the cardio to blitz Weidman and finish the fight so I see it as a close match-up even though I would probably end up picking Weidman by Decision.
sparky
9/7/12 9:17:32PM
Weidman all day.

I think Weidman gets the takedown and finishes Boetsch off with a submission
ghandikush
9/7/12 10:18:23PM
Feel bad for boetsch but dont a single one of you forget he established himself the hard way. Not an undercard fighter or fluke to me at all.
ghandikush
9/7/12 10:19:40PM

Posted by State_Champ

Posted by Wallass

Posted by State_Champ

YES!

I see what you're saying.... but neither of their streaks involve beating Anderson Silva. Boetsch's fantasy winning streak would be so amazing mainly because it would involve unseating (arguably) the reigning king of MMA.

and he would beat silva!!! by rapage!
meier
9/7/12 10:41:34PM

which is ricardo morais, boetsch via push kick
prozacnation1978
9/7/12 11:16:48PM
Great fight for next title shot
Year end event is stacked. Good for Vegas and me for that Ufc 151 Shit
jae_1833
9/7/12 11:41:10PM
Sweet match up!
prophecy033
9/8/12 12:42:25PM
I like it

I see Weidman winning this fight. He will take it to the ground and beat on Tim. I'm not gonna say Boetsch is completely out of this fight but info feel his streak comes to an end
frizzzlecake
9/8/12 2:20:46PM
Oh look Weidman get's to smash another wrestler yaaay.

Give him something he hasn't seen already.
jjeans
9/8/12 3:54:38PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Oh look Weidman get's to smash another wrestler yaaay.

Give him something he hasn't seen already.

A boxer with a suspect chin? If that doesn't do it for you how about The best BJJ expert in MMA Today?

Come on man, he hasn't just fought wrestlers.
shaneTpain
9/8/12 5:16:43PM
another huge fight!! I'm choosing Weidman for daysss but Boetsch does tend to win fights hes suppose to lose so .......
Aether
9/8/12 10:33:17PM
Not an interesting fight at all, IMO.

Boetsch landed a nice flurry on Okami in a fight where he lost the first two rounds by a huge margin, then he got what IMO was a bad decision over Lombard in one of the most boring, uneventful fights I've ever seen. If you just look at the W/L column and the names, Boetsch's run looks pretty impressive. If you watch the actual fights, it's pretty clear that Boetsch is not a contender.
aussiemma
9/9/12 5:59:07AM
to be honest i had hoped for something a little more exciting like weidman vs belcher for example.

I picture this fight in my head and i see weidman dominating wherever the fight takes place.
aussiemma
9/9/12 6:02:36AM
kind of annoying that belcher hasn't really been named in the mix, he just beat arguably the most feared guy at mw.

The mw division really seems stacked up with contenders right now, similarly to how the lw division was a few months ago.
Pages: [1] 2