Chris Lytle is weighing his options after loss

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chris Lytle is weighing his options after loss
Porch28
7/8/08 10:01:07PM
It was a gruesome sight to see. UFC welterweight Chris Lytle on the mat, trapped against the chain link fence, a pool of blood expanding from beneath his head.

No cut in recent memory bled like the one Lytle sustained against Josh Koscheck at UFC 86. It was a sight sponsors cringe at, and for Lytle, the worst-case scenario – another night trapped under a world-class wrestler.

LINK
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DevonFoxy
7/8/08 10:09:59PM
I wish he would go to the WEC and fight Prater. I really think Lytle would dismantle him and show that he is not a top 10 WW by any means.
wolfman
7/8/08 10:27:18PM
Carlo Prater or do you mean Carlos Condit? I'm guessing you meant Condit. IMO Condit would beat Lytle.
whardin19
7/8/08 10:32:28PM
Yeah, he had to mean Condit. I also think Condit would beat Lytle. I'd hate to see it because he's still a really good figther. But I think Lytle is about done with MMA.
DevonFoxy
7/8/08 10:34:34PM

Posted by wolfman

Carlo Prater or do you mean Carlos Condit? I'm guessing you meant Condit. IMO Condit would beat Lytle.

I ment Condit sorry they just fought and I picked him to win ugh sorry .

I really think Lytle would beat him idk what it is about him I just don't think he'd be able to finish Lytle and I think standing Lytle has a clear advantage. I think Condit has sick JJ but he seems really small for WW and has been built to be something amazing. Think it would be worth booking imo though
wolfman
7/8/08 10:40:09PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by wolfman

I ment Condit sorry they just fought and I picked him to win ugh sorry .

I really think Lytle would beat him idk what it is about him I just don't think he'd be able to finish Lytle and I think standing Lytle has a clear advantage. I think Condit has sick JJ but he seems really small for WW and has been built to be something amazing. Think it would be worth booking imo though

No problem and fair assumption, but if they did fight I would pick Condit to win.
Twenty20Dollars
7/8/08 10:46:27PM
i mean some of these lighter ufc fighters that arent having good luck should go down to WEC and try their luck there. Most of the guys i think would suit well down there. Then WEC moves MW and LHW div's to UFC.
Wolfenstein
7/8/08 10:51:21PM
It would be a great idea to throw some veteran ufc fighters like Chris in the WEC. It would set the bar for young upcoming stars to pass if they want to make it in the UFC.
Gipper
7/8/08 11:09:07PM

Posted by whardin19

Yeah, he had to mean Condit. I also think Condit would beat Lytle. I'd hate to see it because he's still a really good figther. But I think Lytle is about done with MMA.

give your head a shake. lytle being about done with mma? he just lost to one of the best ww's in the world, lytle is a seasoned vet and he's still getting better great boxer and a bjj black belt. he still has his fulltime firefighter job and he's training for mma fights at the highest level.(ufc) fukin amazing!! chris lytle is far from being done in mma.
DiabloFreak56
7/8/08 11:13:42PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

i mean some of these lighter ufc fighters that arent having good luck should go down to WEC and try their luck there. Most of the guys i think would suit well down there. Then WEC moves MW and LHW div's to UFC.

i defintily agree with you
Matimus
7/9/08 6:11:29AM
Chris is my favourite fighter, win or lose he always brings it, dude has more heart then anybody, and he's always fighting top guys. And throw in the fact that he is basically a part time fighter. I dont think he should move to WEC, I think he should train full time, but thats a hard decision when you have 4 kids.

Also, I think Stevenson was busted open worse, and Stevenson definitely busted up Edwards much, much worse.