Chris Lytle’s Number One Wish: No Lay and Pray

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chris Lytle’s Number One Wish: No Lay and Pray
disorderlyvision
5/8/08 3:36:46PM
below curran article

I’m not mad about it at all,” Lytle counters. “They offer me fights and I always have the opportunity to say ‘no thank you.’ But to be honest with you, it seems to me when Koscheck lost his last fight to St. Pierre, he’s been changing it up a little bit, and that’s all I’m asking for. I don’t care if you try to take me down, that’s part of the sport, just don’t hold me and not do anything.”

You might say that Lytle is counting on Koscheck’s ego to play into his hand. Despite sustaining a fight-ending cut in his bout with Thiago Alves at UFC 78, Lytle got what he wanted, someone to stand toe to toe with him.

“I’d say just about all the fights I’ve lost have been where a guy’s trying to win a decision on me,” Lytle continues. “So I haven’t been in too many fights where the guy’s coming out and looking to end the fight, and it hasn’t been a fantastic fight or I’ve come out on top. I’ve figured out that I’m a fighter, but I’m also an entertainer, and I want every fight that I’m going to be in to be entertaining.”

NatedawgThaM
5/8/08 3:51:31PM
I think he'll get his wish. Kos just knocked somebody out so the confidence in his stand up is probably higher then before and he probably realize this is his big chance to prove he has good stand up. I'm not even sure he'll train that hard on the ground, that wrestling skill will just be their to fall back on if Lytle starts to whoop him on the feet. So if we do see LNP I don't think it will be until the 2nd round if Ltyle is completely whoopin' on him.

But Kos isn't the type of person who if he gets rocked once or twice isn't just going to abandon the stand up. I actually think it will be a pretty good fight but I got Kos 2nd RD sub!
wrona666
5/8/08 4:05:17PM
I like Lytle alot he is a straight up guy......I hope he can pull a win out on this one, but it will be a tough one.....
brutalbones
5/8/08 4:52:32PM
Chris Lytle's a beast and always entertaing to watch. He always trys to finish his fights in impressive fashion.
whardin19
5/8/08 5:25:36PM
Totally agree with Lytle here. I hate fighters that try to lay and pray to victory. But I don't believe Koscheck is a guy that will lnp. I say Koscheck wins this fight by decision.
Twenty20Dollars
5/8/08 5:30:41PM
but what i've heard from some fighters that when you get in trouble in fights, you resort to your basics and koscheck's is wrestling.

If koscheck starts getting beat on the feet, he goings to do lay n prey. or if he loosing the decision he will do the same.

but im hoping koscheck will stand long enough for lytle to knock out koscheck.
wolfman
5/8/08 6:30:19PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think he'll get his wish. Kos just knocked somebody out so the confidence in his stand up is probably higher then before and he probably realize this is his big chance to prove he has good stand up. I'm not even sure he'll train that hard on the ground, that wrestling skill will just be their to fall back on if Lytle starts to whoop him on the feet. So if we do see LNP I don't think it will be until the 2nd round if Ltyle is completely whoopin' on him.

But Kos isn't the type of person who if he gets rocked once or twice isn't just going to abandon the stand up. I actually think it will be a pretty good fight but I got Kos 2nd RD sub!

No way is Koscheck going to sub Lytle. Kos is going to win a decision, I'm just hoping that Lytle knocks him out.
Red-Dragon
5/8/08 7:14:39PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

No way is Koscheck going to sub Lytle. Kos is going to win a decision, I'm just hoping that Lytle knocks him out.

I disagree. I think Kos will dominate Lytle in every dept.

Kos is a class above Lytles level.
wolfman
5/8/08 7:37:04PM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by wolfman

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I disagree. I think Kos will dominate Lytle in every dept.

Kos is a class above Lytles level.

I agree that Kos is the better fighter, but you really think that Kos is going to be the first person to submit Lytle?! Come on...
Thunderfighting
6/9/08 2:31:03PM
Lytle over Kos. In a lay fest. kos wont submit him or knock him out. he will lay on him no matter what he says. I also think that Lytle could have beaten Alves if it werent for that cut. So i am taking Lytle over kos, then we will se Alves v.s. Lytle again and the winner will get their shot against GSP/Fitch.
89vision
6/9/08 5:35:28PM
I think it'd be a good idea to goat Kos into a striking match, not to say Koscheck couldnt do well there but Lytle's gonna wanna maximize the chance of victory, I'd say Chris is better at standup though. If you get in the fighters head most of the time their already beat
MMAcca
6/10/08 1:45:05AM
That is also my number one wish in this fight