chris lytle to fight big known opponent at ufc 86?? but who??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » chris lytle to fight big known opponent at ufc 86?? but who??
prozacnation1978
3/20/08 12:39:28PM
i saw that on your website it said lytle might return to action in july, also stated in could be co main event " i hope not" but it also said it would be a big name opponent. got me thinking who it would be?? i was thinking unless the ufc is signing someone i don't see it. can't be hughes, or fitch, i could see koscheck taking to fight, but i am intrigued to see who the opponent would be. i just can't really see anyone big who would take the fight now.
CornishMMA
3/20/08 1:12:59PM

LOL you ruined that one didnt you bud, the debate is over cos Koscheck is the only possible big name opponent that i can think of as well

I dont wanna see Kos fight any more good strikers like Lytle who he would surely just take down at will and not be able to finish
coldchillin
3/20/08 2:30:50PM
I'm thinking Koscheck as well but it could be Jon Fitch if he doesn't get the next title shot.
Cladrix
3/20/08 2:51:32PM
Matt Arroyo............. JK
billycarnage
3/20/08 3:16:13PM
Has to be Koscheck he is the only one unaccounted for.
What if it were Drago's WW debut? wouldn't deserve Co-main event but would be a better fight.
CornishMMA
3/20/08 4:29:41PM

Posted by billycarnage

Has to be Koscheck he is the only one unaccounted for.
What if it were Drago's WW debut? wouldn't deserve Co-main event but would be a better fight.

If it was that it would be a gross misuse of the phrase big name opponent!

Koscheck for sure i say

Nope

hang on ...........

GONO?
NatedawgThaM
3/20/08 4:38:42PM
I think it will most likely be Josh Burkman. It could be Kos but I don't think Kos would want anybody ranked lower then him unless it's Marcus Davis or Thiago Alves. He's aiming for Karo and Hughes right.

Burkman is a big known opponent. He's good but he's not great. Would be a horrible co-main event though. Hopefully it is Burkman because that would be a good fight, and hopefully on the main card, just not listed as a co-main event.
billycarnage
3/20/08 4:46:29PM

Posted by CornishMMA

If it was that it would be a gross misuse of the phrase big name opponent!

I agree. And good call on Gono that is possible and still a better match up IMO.
CornishMMA
3/20/08 5:06:13PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I think it will most likely be Josh Burkman. It could be Kos but I don't think Kos would want anybody ranked lower then him unless it's Marcus Davis or Thiago Alves. He's aiming for Karo and Hughes right.

Burkman is a big known opponent. He's good but he's not great. Would be a horrible co-main event though. Hopefully it is Burkman because that would be a good fight, and hopefully on the main card, just not listed as a co-main event.

LOL at you changing it to big known opponent
Nah dude he still aint what id really describe as that, sure he has that main event fight but he LOST it so he wouldnt go into a co main event fight against a guy like Lytle imo

This guy who Lytle is fighting has to be a big name guy coming off of a win

Diego is fighting Luigi in June, Karo fights soon, Davis and Swick in June, Fitch is possible but unlikely, Kos and Gono are the most likely i reckon
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/20/08 6:54:52PM
I heard that UFC is bringing back Drew Fickett. Lytle and Fickett were suppose to fight at UFC Stacked when Fickett pulled out due to injury.

If Fickett beats Sheilds then it possibly could be a co-main event fight.
prozacnation1978
3/20/08 7:38:34PM
lytle vs kos would be no co main event, no offense but a guy who was on prelims this month vs a guy who is 4-7 in the ufc. no way!!! i wish it would be kos vs hughes. your right about gono i think he might fight in july.
side note mmaweekly says corey hill will fight justin buchholz in july.. with that and ben saunders fighting as well i would like to see some good prelims not fights that should be on fight nights. i want arlovski prelims, kos prelims,, stout vs clementi, sokou prelims, just my luck!!!
xchickox
3/20/08 10:02:16PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

I heard that UFC is bringing back Drew Fickett. Lytle and Fickett were suppose to fight at UFC Stacked when Fickett pulled out due to injury.

If Fickett beats Sheilds then it possibly could be a co-main event fight.

i dont see fickett beating shields so that would be a big problem for the ufc

i hope its jake sheilds coming to the ufc, that would be awesome
Mayhem13
3/21/08 12:10:43PM
Kos seems most logical....but I dont see that even being Co-Main event quality....unless they are brining in a new big name....Mayhem maybe??? he is right inbetween that 170-185 class..and jumps back and forth...

or maybe Shields or someone like that...Condit???
MFOTHER
3/21/08 12:17:08PM
i feel bad for chris. he is a great fighter who always comes up short. i dont think he will ever be a champion, but he is def entertaining to watch.
MartinKillMcGill
3/21/08 1:00:43PM
I really hope its Mahyem miller but it has to be Kosh
chickmagnet
3/21/08 5:17:40PM
It might be Kos or fitch or a rematch with Karo would be sick!! I could be Fitch, who knows? Kos would be a bad matchup for Lytle. Who ever it is I hope Lytle takes it wether its Fitch, Kos, or Karo.
tylerlee123
3/21/08 9:53:03PM
I think Ghono or Koscheck would be great opponents for Lytle, definately wont be counting out Lytle
WhiteWidow
3/21/08 10:48:50PM
C. Wilson vs C. Lytle
A. Gono vs C. Lytle
D. Hazelett vs C. Lytle
J. Joslin vs C. Lytle
T. Mandaloniz vs C. Lytle
J. Rollins vs C. Lytle

all sound like interesting matchups, but it could be a WW ouside the UFC too
sonicsmokesweed
3/22/08 1:43:31AM
i would love to see this matchup Koscheck vs Lytle and for the guy that said Koscheck will just try to take him down i disagree. Koscheck has been standing up striking his last 3 fights if u havent noticed. His striking is improved.. but yea i notice he goes for the takedown once he gets cracked, but hes far from the one dimensional fighter he was against Fickett
prozacnation1978
3/22/08 11:59:43AM
like i said before lytle vs kos is no co main event... i hope they sign someone out of the organization. with lytle fighting
hill vs buchholz
and saunders fighting
so far i am worried about the card..
Rush
3/23/08 5:22:50PM
I would like Lytle to fight some top guys to see if he belongs in the top ten, but I thinik Lytle is too much of a step down for Koscheck right now.

I was really looking forward to the Joslin Lytle fight that got canceled. I still want to see that fight, but I don't think Joslin is the fighter in question.

Gono sounds like a good guess. Matt Hughes would be appropriate, but I would fear it might be just a carbon copy of their first fight.
prozacnation1978
3/23/08 6:50:46PM
ufc 86 is now, with 85 card wrapped up these next two weeks they better start announcing alot of matches. this is vegas, i hope tim slyvia fights kongo, tyson griffin vs joe stevenson or even frank mir fight. fighters who might fight on the card i see stephan bonner fighting, i also see eddie sanchez, tyson griffin, maybe gono might be on the card, maybe tanner, or almeida, i also see maybe kendall grove or patrick cote. i am just assuming at this point but i would not be surprised at all if alot of these guys wind up on the card
prozacnation1978
3/26/08 1:23:02AM
i thought it might be kos but no way in hell this better be the co main event, now give me a slyvia vs mir or slyvia vs kongo co main event which might just happen
jgtribbett
3/26/08 7:11:41PM
i saiy it could be karo ... he'll be due for a fight by the time fitch has gotten his title fight and u know they are waiting/ stopping karo from getting the title.
the next fight should be karo vs fitch but it isnt.. they'll give fitch a shot and he'll lose.

i aws hoping (btw) that fitch would loose soon ( like.. two fights ago) to get a rude awakining. i own the video of hislast loss (from when he was in college) against wilson gouveia. i'm from 45 min away from where he is from.( so u understand that i'mnothatin) i love watching the guy but he needs to bump it up and when he does loose..he'll jump up andreally hammer ppl