Chris 'Lights Out' Lytle vs. Josh Koscheck rumored for UFC 86

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Chris 'Lights Out' Lytle vs. Josh Koscheck rumored for UFC 86
ufc88
3/25/08 7:40:35PM
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=5822&zoneid=14

found it listed in the rumors section

good match up... if koscheck wants to stand with him
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/25/08 7:45:30PM

Posted by ufc88

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/rumors.asp?articleid=5822&zoneid=14

big IF. i see Kos taking him down & GnPing him out in the 1st
juanez13
3/25/08 7:49:08PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by ufc88

gotta disagree here, Koscheck will probably control the ground, but i doubt we will see him finish lytle, Hughes could do much damage on top, and lytle is pretty hard to hurt on the bottom, plus he is a tough SOB. Stand up wise i dont think koscheck should stand there too long, IMO lytle is very agressive, and Koscheck isnt too technical to say the least. so i say Koscheck UD.
ErrFreitas
3/25/08 7:49:23PM
I'm starting to like Chris "Lights Out" Lytle and I've always hated Josh Koscheck.

I'm all for Chris Lytle implementing his new aggressive style against Josh Koscheck.
coldchillin
3/25/08 8:10:12PM
I have a feeling Koscheck will probably play this one safely and ground n' pound this one out to a decision.
wolfman
3/25/08 8:13:30PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by ufc88

gotta disagree here, Koscheck will probably control the ground, but i doubt we will see him finish lytle, Hughes could do much damage on top, and lytle is pretty hard to hurt on the bottom, plus he is a tough SOB. Stand up wise i dont think koscheck should stand there too long, IMO lytle is very agressive, and Koscheck isnt too technical to say the least. so i say Koscheck UD.

Word for word how I see it going as well. I would rather see Lytle take the W though.
tberg420
3/25/08 8:29:38PM
War Lights Out!! This will be a tough fight for Lytle but he's a super cool guy and tough as well.
nickcuc547
3/25/08 8:33:29PM
kos by the exact same way hughes beat lytle
Ordep
3/25/08 8:35:31PM

if Lytle can land a good punch the fight can be defined at that moment, otherwise Kos will do a lot of wrestling and LnP en route to a UD via "octagon control"
RMFG_187
3/25/08 8:50:51PM
Im going with Lytle on this one. but IMO, this fight can go either way. If KOS succeeds in TD and Controls Lytle, KOS has it in the bag. But don't Lytle Lightly. Stand up, Toughness, Submission game goes to Lytle. If Lytle puts pressure on KOS and avoids the TD's, it's probably gonna go his way.

Lytle Round 2 Submission
Vendetta
3/25/08 9:00:16PM

Koscheck will not finish Lytle.
jae_1833
3/25/08 9:01:19PM
IF Kos wins it will be a UD, he won't be able to outstrike Chris...but he can outwrestle him I bet. I sure hope Lytle wins though...I hate Kos!!!
wolfman
3/25/08 9:04:48PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Im going with Lytle on this one. but IMO, this fight can go either way. If KOS succeeds in TD and Controls Lytle, KOS has it in the bag. But don't Lytle Lightly. Stand up, Toughness, Submission game goes to Lytle. If Lytle puts pressure on KOS and avoids the TD's, it's probably gonna go his way.

Lytle Round 2 Submission

Don't take Lytle Lightly.....I like it, has a nice ring to it. I agree, he shouldn't be taken Lytley , he is a tough dude and definitely has the ability to pull off the upset. I think to call a win for him by submission is a stretch, as I think his best chance to win this fight is via a TKO/KO.
gabe531
3/25/08 9:26:47PM
my fave 2 170s. this sucks. i see kos possibly standing with him for a bit but then going for wrestling. lytle is tough and very good in all areas but wrestling hasnt shown to be that great. he has better standup and subs but kos can control him like hughes did but hopefully there will be more action then that fight. they just let hughes lay there and hopefully this wont be like that
nix7777
3/25/08 9:29:51PM
if kos keeps taking opponents down and waiting for the bell he's going to end up in a bad situation where nobody wants to see him fight but hopefully he can keep it interesting if he takes this one down
kevietre
3/25/08 9:36:00PM

Posted by coldchillin

I have a feeling Koscheck will probably play this one safely and ground n' pound this one out to a decision.

Thats what he does the majority of his fights. I see this fight going like when Koscheck faught Fickett. Kos dominating till the third when he thinks he has the fight one and Lytle catching him with a punch or submitting him in the final 2-3 minutes of the fight.
MondayNiteMauser
3/25/08 9:55:36PM
I think this is a great match for Lytle...Koscheck stand up has improved but Light's Out Lytle will KO Kos....If it goes to the ground i see Lytle doing his thing and securing a submission on Kos....Lytle is hot right now. Don't underestimate him.
Kpro
3/25/08 9:58:15PM
While it won't happen in this fight, I don't believe;

I could see Koscheck all of a sudden going from a LNP'er to a guy who submits 3 guys in a row and we all take a step back and reassess him. He's got the background, the strength, the positioning, and the camp, to learn a simple kimura and start ending fights.
roger
3/25/08 9:58:40PM
would be a good fight but he woulod take him down with his double leg and tko him i say in the first
whardin19
3/25/08 10:00:12PM
IMO this fight would probably be boring. I see this being like the Hughes vs. Lytle fight. Koshcheck will take Lytle down and won't be able to submit him because Lytle has very good submission defense.
wolfman
3/25/08 10:15:39PM

Posted by roger

would be a good fight but he woulod take him down with his double leg and tko him i say in the first

I'll shit myself if Kos is able to finish him, let alone in the first rd! Seriously, this fight is probably going to the scorecards.
quezocrema0032
3/25/08 10:24:16PM

Posted by roger

lytle has only been stopped by cuts ... he is extremly tuff 2 put away ... and i doubt kos will do it no matter how imporved he is ... but i do see him winning by UD
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/25/08 10:37:12PM

Posted by ErrFreitas

I'm starting to like Chris "Lights Out" Lytle and I've always hated Josh Koscheck.

I'm all for Chris Lytle implementing his new aggressive style against Josh Koscheck.

Yep, its that "go-for-broke" strategy that he was talking about after his win over Kyle Bradley.
Wolf
3/25/08 11:14:27PM
I'm going against the general grain and picking lytle by round 2 KO. I think he'll beat up Kos in the first almost finishing him, and then a crisp combo in the 2nd ends it.
Twenty20Dollars
3/26/08 12:08:10AM
i see kos standing with chris and getting rocked a couple of times and then just grinding out a decision like matt hughes did over lytle.

Personally im hoping lytle will win tko. cus he has been on fire as of late.
ChokeUout
3/26/08 1:17:10AM
Kos has to know that lytle is dangerous on the ground with his submissions, and because of this I can see him starting this fight by trying to stand and Bang with him. Eventually in the later rounds, if Kos gets Rocked a couple times or loses a round, I can see kos taking Lytle down and trying to grind out a decision. Koscheck would have to advoid submissions, but I think he can do this, and It's a given, IMO, that he can take him down at will.

I agree with the consences that Koscheck isn't gonna be someone to finish Lytle, but I personally think this Koschecks fight to Lose.

If it goes to a decision, I think Koscheck takes it. However, I think Lytle is more likely to finish Koscheck than the other way around.

My pick, Koscheck by UD
prozacnation1978
3/26/08 1:19:58AM
great fight i see kos winning by decision
CornishMMA
3/26/08 6:46:12AM

damn, worst matchmaking ever, joe silva is beyond crap at his job, why would you match Kos up with a great striker who is impossible to finish?????????????????????????? he will clearly take him down and not be able to do much and win a decision, yawn!

Koscheck should be matched up with good BJJ guys who can work subs from their back or good wrestlers (but the division is lacking that!)

Just to show i can do Joe Silvas job way better than him check this out - swap Burkman with Lytle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Kos fights Burkman which is a bit better style matchup, and Hazelett fights Lytle which would be very exciting
tylerlee123
3/26/08 11:08:00AM
I would love too see Lytle knock Koscheck out that would be awesome but i think Koscheck will work him over on the ground and get the decision
wolfman
3/26/08 4:17:46PM

Posted by CornishMMA

damn, worst matchmaking ever, joe silva is beyond crap at his job, why would you match Kos up with a great striker who is impossible to finish?????????????????????????? he will clearly take him down and not be able to do much and win a decision, yawn!

Koscheck should be matched up with good BJJ guys who can work subs from their back or good wrestlers (but the division is lacking that!)

Just to show i can do Joe Silvas job way better than him check this out - swap Burkman with Lytle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Kos fights Burkman which is a bit better style matchup, and Hazelett fights Lytle which would be very exciting

I hear ya, he should take note from the WEC's matchmaker. I personally think Scott Adams does a hell of a job.