Chris Leben Released From Jail Early

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chris Leben Released From Jail Early
AllKnowin1
5/20/08 8:54:55PM
Chris Leben Released From Jail Early
By Jason Perkins | May 19, 2008

Originally sentenced to go home on May 27, Chris Leben was released from the Clackamas County Jail in Portland, Oregon, on May 15. Leben was sentenced to 35 days for a probation violation stemming from a DUI.
Below is a post made on his official MySpace page:

“Hello all, Chris has been released from jail over the weekend. This is all the information I have right now and I’ll be sure to update everyone on his resolved legal issues, immediate plans and the expected date of his next match after Chris gets everything organized. He thanks you again for your patience and understanding and Chris will be posting here as soon as he can.”

Leben turned himself in last month in an attempt to secure a visa to travel to the U.K. to face Michael Bisping at UFC 85 on June 7. That fight was eventually canned when UFC officials realized that Leben wouldn't have enough time to train and make the necessary arrangements to get to London.

-------------------------------------------------------

Nice to see him out early...

NinjaCyborg
5/20/08 9:23:56PM
good, lets kick Jason Day out, and put Leben back in to face Bisping.
holt8081
5/20/08 10:40:54PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

Raykill
5/20/08 10:45:55PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

I know I am repeating what HOLT said, But I agree too.
NatedawgThaM
5/20/08 10:58:54PM
Good, so we can kick Day off UFC 85, not throw him into the wolves this early, and put him back against Bisping to make the fight more competitive right?
DevonFoxy
5/20/08 11:01:27PM
Yea lets reward Leben for going to Jail. He did this to himself and its his own fault he isnt getting a shot at breaking into the title picture again. He knew he had a warrant out and he still agreed to the fight before he knew if he could actually make it. Good fighter bad choice and he has to pay for it.

Day deserves the chance more than Leben and I'm sorry to all the UK fans but I honestly think this fight with Day will be more entertaining.
prozacnation1978
5/20/08 11:03:42PM
throw him on 87 card against nate quarry
JBatch
5/21/08 12:40:48AM
I want to see leben back in the Octagon ASAP. I feel sorry for the next man to step in against the Crippler he is going to KO somebdy real bad. I will ask for it one more time if the Leben Bisping fight is off for sure give him Nate Marquardt.
NinjaCyborg
5/21/08 2:20:46AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yea lets reward Leben for going to Jail. He did this to himself and its his own fault he isnt getting a shot at breaking into the title picture again. He knew he had a warrant out and he still agreed to the fight before he knew if he could actually make it. Good fighter bad choice and he has to pay for it.

Day deserves the chance more than Leben and I'm sorry to all the UK fans but I honestly think this fight with Day will be more entertaining.

I disagree. I think Leben vs Bisping would be more entertaining. But this is simply a matter of opinion!
Hopefully Bisping vs. Dooms Day won't disappoint.