Chris Horodecki...Is he for real?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Chris Horodecki...Is he for real?
jiujitsufreak74
11/10/07 6:42:43PM
Now 11-0, Chris Horodescki has established himself as the top LW in the IFL. he has two wars with Bart Palaszewski, both of which he won, and looks to be pretty solid with hard, fast hands and a decent ground game. his only problem is he needs to learn how to finish the fight, although with the IFL limited rules it is a little hard.

Anyway, do you guys think he is for real? If he went to a better league, how do you think he would do? Let me know your opinions on this up-and-comer.
ohiostate1016
11/10/07 7:11:07PM
I've like Horodecki ever since I saw his first fight with Palaszewski. I know that he has amazing hands, but it's a bit surprising to me that not many of his fights have come via (T)KO (only 6 of his fights have been finished).

He obviously is the top LW in the IFL, but I don't know if that's saying that much. The only other guy that is legit is Palaszewski, and he's maybe top 20 in the world.

I know that Chris is young, and he still needs to prove himself. I don't know the particulars of his IFL contract, but he definitely needs to get out of there. Maybe the UFC could sign him to a contract, and he could have a couple of fights in the WEC.

Yeah, I like him, though.
richieb19
11/10/07 9:01:54PM
I thought for sure Gunderson was gonna beat Fabiano and then upset Horidecki... but what the hell do I know!?!?!?!
Scott_Revels
11/10/07 9:50:12PM
I thought Gunderson was going to win as well, but not beat Horodecki. As for Horodecki, he may be a top ten LW, but he isn't ready for a UFC LW Title Shot.
Djbb
11/10/07 10:19:00PM
Chris Horodecki is a top 10 LW fighter in a C-Class fighting league. The big boys in the UFC would maul him. Let him stay in the IFL for a bit longer, yes he looks fantastic but thats only in comparison to the guys hes currently fighting.
Mayhem13
11/11/07 12:25:00AM
he's for real, but not quite ready for top comp. just yet, ....he still lets his emotions/frustration get too him to much in fights.....and it could open him up against better fighters... and that could get him in some trouble I think ....(sort of like Leben had trouble with for awhile)
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 12:33:32AM
I would gladly take Horodecki, Palaszewski, Fabiano, and Gunderson in the UFC, over the likes of Alvin Robinson, Jorge Gurgel, Rich Clementi and Diego Saraiva.
Gladiator
11/11/07 2:53:47AM

Posted by Djbb

Chris Horodecki is a top 10 LW fighter in a C-Class fighting league. The big boys in the UFC would maul him. Let him stay in the IFL for a bit longer, yes he looks fantastic but thats only in comparison to the guys hes currently fighting.

ive got to admit that ive always been a huge skeptic of the kid, but i have to admit that he has put on an impressive string of wins in the IFL. its lower comp for sure but i think in a few years he'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Ordep
11/11/07 10:07:06AM
I think he's ready for the next step...

Strikeforce, EliteXC or WEC.... not UFC yet, as some of you said, he wouldn't last long there right now.