Chris Benoit found dead

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chris Benoit found dead
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Naturaldisaster
6/27/07 11:10:35AM
I don't think we know everything thats goin on with this story. Chris wasn't a cold blooded killer. Edge said 1 week ago chris and daniel were at a house show and chris was playing with daniel and stuff. So obviously he didn't plan for weeks to kill his family. This story is really getting weird. and before people start calling chris a malicious murderer and things like that I think we all need to wait until we find out exactly what happened. and Even if chris did kill his family, that doesn't undo that great things he did for prowrestling. No matter what happened I will still miss chris, one of my favorites of all time.
rcg916
6/27/07 11:44:23AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I don't think we know everything thats goin on with this story. Chris wasn't a cold blooded killer. Edge said 1 week ago chris and daniel were at a house show and chris was playing with daniel and stuff. So obviously he didn't plan for weeks to kill his family. This story is really getting weird. and before people start calling chris a malicious murderer and things like that I think we all need to wait until we find out exactly what happened. and Even if chris did kill his family, that doesn't undo that great things he did for prowrestling. No matter what happened I will still miss chris, one of my favorites of all time.

Sorry man, you wont find a bigger Benoit fan than me, but its time to let go of all that and start coming to terms with it. As much as it seems that we get to know these guys through their work over time, the truth is, we really have no clue.

I admit, hes one of the best ever... I also admit that its impossible to view him the same anymore.

Aside from his family, I think I realized who will suffer the most out of this: his younger fans. Us adults are hardened, we will find a way to deal...

But yesterday, I had to explain to my 7 year old nephew that his idol and favorite sports star in the world was dead. Him being a proud new wrestling fan, he was quick to let me know that he would still watch until they decided Benoit could come back on TV. (He thought it was a work, I recently explained a little about the wrestling process to him, and he thought it was another storyline)... I didnt go into any details about what happened (although his Mom told him later, which I thought was unnecessary) but once I convinced him Chris wasnt coming back, he didnt come out of his room all night, and spent the evening simulating Benoit/Guerrero matches on his PS2 game all night. I guess he was dealing with it in his own way too.

I know most of you may not be as affected by this as I am, but seeing that broke my heart. But it also reminded me that these guys touch a lot of lives. I think my nephew deserves a live wrestling event sometime soon to get his feelings about wrestling to where they should be again. No 7 year old should be disgusted with the business. Thanks for reading, Ill quit now!
cowcatcher
6/27/07 11:49:30AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Sorry man, you wont find a bigger Benoit fan than me, but its time to let go of all that and start coming to terms with it. As much as it seems that we get to know these guys through their work over time, the truth is, we really have no clue.

I admit, hes one of the best ever... I also admit that its impossible to view him the same anymore.

Aside from his family, I think I realized who will suffer the most out of this: his younger fans. Us adults are hardened, we will find a way to deal...

But yesterday, I had to explain to my 7 year old nephew that his idol and favorite sports star in the world was dead. Him being a proud new wrestling fan, he was quick to let me know that he would still watch until they decided Benoit could come back on TV. (He thought it was a work, I recently explained a little about the wrestling process to him, and he thought it was another storyline)... I didnt go into any details about what happened (although his Mom told him later, which I thought was unnecessary) but once I convinced him it was true, he didnt come out of his room all night, and spent the evening simulating Benoit/Guerrero matches on his PS2 game all night.

I know most of you may not be as affected by this as I am, but seeing that broke my heart. But it also reminded me that these guys touch a lot of lives. I think he deserves a live event sometime soon to get his feelings about wrestling to where they should be again. No 7 year old should be disgusted with the business. Thanks for reading, Ill quit now!

i know where youre coming from. i have a 12 year old who when the news broke thought it was a triple murder, when i explained what happened i could see his heart breaking a little. hes not as big of a fan now as when he was younger because girls have filled a big part of his free time now(thats a whole different bitch session from me), but to know that as a kid a hero of yours is capable of something like that makes you grow up a little more than you need to at that age.
Naturaldisaster
6/27/07 12:14:28PM
I know that the police and detectives are probably right about what happened. I guess its just kinda my way of tryin to get over the fact that one of my favorite wrestlers is gone. Its just kind of a bummer. My 3rd favorite wrestler (eddie guerrero) died 2 years ago, 2 days before my 16th b-day (so it kinda ruined the whole mood of it for me). and now on of my other favorites killed his family then himself. its just somethin I don't want to have to believe.

But I've come to agreement with myself now and have made myself believe that everything goin on is horrible and that he really did it.
mmadb
6/27/07 3:44:26PM
After reading all about this I've finally accepted the fact that there probably isn't going to be some great explanation that will leave me looking at Benoit the way I used to and that was a hard pill to swallow.

It's just so upsetting that now when I see one of his matches all I can see is him killing his family and I can't sit back and enjoy one of the best performers of all-time. It's a damn shame.

Even though I've lost respect for the man, deep down I'll still miss the guy.
mmadb
6/27/07 7:02:24PM
Bret Hart was on the radio today talking about Benoit and such so for anyone who's interested I recorded it...

http://www.diluciano.com/?p=13
CanadianCripplr
6/27/07 7:23:09PM
while its upsetting about his child being killed I find it not bothering me that much. You see a guy on TV, big deal . you dont know him. I can see a guy wanted to get rid of his wife[ not me sweetheart ] but his kid? No mourning for that guy. I stole his nickname cause I liked the name and thought it was fitting here. Should I change it?
Did anyone hear Jim Rome today saying something about Chris s son suffering from abnormally large external genitalia? Was he being serious?
rcg916
6/27/07 7:34:45PM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

while its upsetting about his child being killed I find it not bothering me that much. You see a guy on TV, big deal . you dont know him. I can see a guy wanted to get rid of his wife[ not me sweetheart ] but his kid? No mourning for that guy. I stole his nickname cause I liked the name and thought it was fitting here. Should I change it?
Did anyone hear Jim Rome today saying something about Chris s son suffering from abnormally large external genitalia? Was he being serious?

Come on man. Ridiculous. Dont be immature.

No, Rome is an idiot. His son suffered from fragile x syndrome, and one of the very rare side effects CAN be abnornally large external.... well, you know.

As for it not being hard on you, I wouldnt expect it to be if you werent a fan.

thanks for chiming in though.
rcg916
6/27/07 7:35:36PM

Posted by mmadb

Bret Hart was on the radio today talking about Benoit and such so for anyone who's interested I recorded it...

<a href="http://www.diluciano.com/?p=13" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.diluciano.com/?p=13</a></a>

thanks man, I missed it so I really appreciate it.
madmarck
6/27/07 8:37:06PM

Posted by cincyassasin

Man that's sad as hell........he was a 4 Horseman and everything.

Only 2 left now.......
Sad Stuff.

Posted by babalu2720

He never seemed at all this violent and deranged. No disrespect intended as he was an awsome athlete, but my opinion of him is geeting worse as the hours pass by.

Seriouisly? His character was always like the crazy hardcore looking guy.

IMO I will awalay remember him for giving me one of the best WWE matches of all time. Where he won the title in a triple threat match against Shawn Michaels and HHH.....
CornishMMA
6/27/07 8:53:41PM
Would i be pussing out to predict the fabulous moolah to die next? or should i go for something more random like mohammed hassan via hate crime?

Just trying to bring some laughter to this really crap thread, cos the fact is he didnt leave a note, we wont know why he did it, lets just hope the next wresltler in the widow maker profession dies from natural causes, now that would be something!
MisFiT
6/27/07 9:01:09PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by cincyassasin

Only 2 left now.......
Sad Stuff.

Wrong... Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, and Flair are still alive, and there have been other ones, still, there arent 2 left in any of them ever lol. Unless you mean from the shitty version of the Horseman, cause Curt Hennig and Brian Pillman are dead.
rcg916
6/27/07 9:56:24PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Would i be pussing out to predict the fabulous moolah to die next? or should i go for something more random like mohammed hassan via hate crime?

Just trying to bring some laughter to this really crap thread, cos the fact is he didnt leave a note, we wont know why he did it, lets just hope the next wresltler in the widow maker profession dies from natural causes, now that would be something!

Such a crap thread that you had to get in on it huh?

Dont worry, there are plenty of other threads that you can try and be funny in to impress people over the internet. Sorry, we were actually having a conversation, not trying to figure out a clever way to get in "Rickson by armbar"...
nastshabast
6/27/07 11:54:43PM
i met dude when u was 5....my gramps took me to a stampede wrestling show.....benoit and pillman were the only 2 nice guys....rest were pricks
nastshabast
6/27/07 11:57:07PM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

if rome made that up he's a peice of shit for real
rcg916
6/28/07 12:03:29AM
He just used an example of the worst cases of this disorder, we're talking one in 100,000 of these cases will experience that side effect. He just took the most humorous (to some people) and shocking one, and made a really bad joke out of it.
CornishMMA
6/28/07 8:50:02AM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by CornishMMA

Dont worry, there are plenty of other threads that you can try and be funny in to impress people over the internet. Sorry, we were actually having a conversation, not trying to figure out a clever way to get in "Rickson by armbar"...

dude wtf are you talking about get in on it? i had already posted here, you guys are trying to figure out why he did it etc and im trying to lighten the mood, why would i want to "impress" a guy like who is so upset by his hero crippler crossfacing himself to death, you werent having a conversation you were being in stupid denial over the obvious and saying such hilarious stuff as "which parent did it" LMAO

No 7 year old should be disgusted with the business

You mean the business that has confused him about death ......... "but vince was dead and now he is there alive and well" the kid thinks to himself - if you werent "trying to be funny" when you posted that then wow, but you were
cowcatcher
6/28/07 10:54:30AM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by madmarck

Posted by cincyassasin

Only 2 left now.......
Sad Stuff.

Wrong... Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, and Flair are still alive, and there have been other ones, still, there arent 2 left in any of them ever lol. Unless you mean from the shitty version of the Horseman, cause Curt Hennig and Brian Pillman are dead.

when benoit was a horseman it was him, flair, arn and pillman, i think stinko malenko became one after pillman left
rcg916
6/28/07 11:02:33AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by rcg916

Posted by CornishMMA

dude wtf are you talking about get in on it? i had already posted here, you guys are trying to figure out why he did it etc and im trying to lighten the mood, why would i want to "impress" a guy like who is so upset by his hero crippler crossfacing himself to death, you werent having a conversation you were being in stupid denial over the obvious and saying such hilarious stuff as "which parent did it" LMAO

No 7 year old should be disgusted with the business

You mean the business that has confused him about death ......... "but vince was dead and now he is there alive and well" the kid thinks to himself - if you werent "trying to be funny" when you posted that then wow, but you were

He's a lot smarter than you. I just got done explaining how I told him about the storylines, so he knew that is wasnt true.

Plus, keep my family out of your stupid retorts. I love this site, and have a good rep here, but Id be forced to ruin that with the humiliation of you that would follow if you continue pushing it. This conversation spanned three days and a lot of info. Sorry if we were all adults, and actually waited for things to be confirmed before we speculated like crazy. Just let it go, idiot.
logicalnoise
6/28/07 3:39:09PM

so someone knew benoits wife was dead 14 hours before the bodies were found and the ip address was in stamford conneitcut. /mind implosion

<a href="http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html</a>
fedorwins1
6/28/07 3:41:36PM

Posted by CornishMMA

I hate you, why do you have to do something like this? This is a serious conversation, not something funny. If you think it's funny a man killed his whole family then something's wrong with you. to you.
MisFiT
6/28/07 3:50:02PM
Wow, this shits gettin out of hand. Calm the **** down.
nibrack11
6/28/07 4:36:05PM
i know i just heard about this news yesterday i cant believe this has happened but heres some pictures of chris benoit for all u guys to see.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3
TOMMYAYO05
6/28/07 8:14:09PM
I could not believe this when i read it it was shocking and sick
CornishMMA
6/29/07 8:19:29AM

Posted by rcg916
I love this site, and have a good rep here, but Id be forced to ruin that with the humiliation of you that would follow if you continue pushing it. This conversation spanned three days and a lot of info. Sorry if we were all adults, and actually waited for things to be confirmed before we speculated like crazy. Just let it go, idiot.

LOL humiliation of me!!!!! You actually said "which parent did it" that is so stupid it actually upsets me and i do feel sorry for you.
Assuming the highly likely is not specualting like crazy, you were just in denial or clueless!
I was doing something you crybabies prolly havnt heard of and lightening the mood cos all you guys were doing were constantly posting how shocked and upset you were. But hey stupid me should i join in and post pics on Ted Bundy and Ed Gein?
cowcatcher
6/29/07 9:23:59AM

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by rcg916
I love this site, and have a good rep here, but Id be forced to ruin that with the humiliation of you that would follow if you continue pushing it. This conversation spanned three days and a lot of info. Sorry if we were all adults, and actually waited for things to be confirmed before we speculated like crazy. Just let it go, idiot.

LOL humiliation of me!!!!! You actually said "which parent did it" that is so stupid it actually upsets me and i do feel sorry for you.
Assuming the highly likely is not specualting like crazy, you were just in denial or clueless!
I was doing something you crybabies prolly havnt heard of and lightening the mood cos all you guys were doing were constantly posting how shocked and upset you were. But hey stupid me should i join in and post pics on Ted Bundy and Ed Gein?

hey man if rcg is upset about the benoit situation why push it? im not chastising you, but your post was insensitive, and although i know you were trying to lighten things up, it wasnt taken that way so forget about it and move on. the longer you argue, the more ridiculous this thread is going to get so just call a truce and agree to disagree, i mean a family was killed, and its a tragedy lets leave it at that and just post facts about what happened as they come out, or personal thoughts on what happened. theres no need for sherdoggery on here.
shackle
6/29/07 2:38:28PM
I bet it was roid rage that caused this. Roids can change a person turn them into a killer quickly.

He deserved to die for killing his family, anyone that is sad he died after what he did is sick. he shouldn't get any respect from anyone, and I'm sure alot of people feel different after they heard what he did. This is why so many doctors, and people are so strongly aginst steroid usage. It turns a normal sane human into a animal with wild mood changes, and bad depression. The respect should go to his innocent family he took their life's.

You can't say he didn't use roids either cause I bet ALOT of wrestlers do they don't get tested much at all... if they even do. I liked him as a wrestler he seemed like a great person. I feel for his family more then him though after finding out the truth.

I'm not bashing people that posted early about it, before the full story was told to the public though. Cause as far as his wrestling character he seemed a good person. It was quite a shock for me though especially he killed his family.
Piccosaur
6/29/07 4:13:08PM
He didn't smother his son by the way. He put him in a wrestling move, it was on AOL news a couple nights ago.
jdubs
6/29/07 5:47:23PM
i cant wait until they investigate mcmahon and take legal action, that son of a bitch, ever since owen died i have always looked down upon the man. i wish a high pofile person in the media would challange him to a steroid test .
MisFiT
6/29/07 5:49:06PM

Posted by Piccosaur

He didn't smother his son by the way. He put him in a wrestling move, it was on AOL news a couple nights ago.

Oh shut the **** up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7