Chris Benoit found dead

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chris Benoit found dead
« Previous Page | Next Page »
rcg916
6/25/07 11:37:31PM

Posted by jdubs

wwe.com is reporting a double murder suicide

reading that report, it seems pretty clear... now the only question is which parent? Holy hell, this just gets worse huh?
richieb19
6/25/07 11:39:34PM
Take this for what it's worth, but I've gathered that Chris called in on a Sunday show saying that his wife and son where sick and throwing up blood... at the same time investigators have yet to find a stab or gunshot wound... maybe he killed himself because his wife and child died...

This isn't anything reliable btw, just what I've managed to scrap together with the information I have...
rcg916
6/25/07 11:40:35PM
one of the more surreal things ever...
crimethinc
6/25/07 11:43:21PM
New from abcnews.com

There were no signs of gunshot wounds or stabbing, according to Pope. Authorities are not ruling out other causes, such as poisoning, suffocation or strangulation. Pope told ABC News that his department is looking at this situation as a "possible double murder, suicide."

Pope said "the instruments of death were located on scene," but he would not specify what those instruments are or where in the house the bodies were found. Pope added the department is "not actively searching for any suspects outside of the house."

whole story
MisFiT
6/25/07 11:50:59PM
Yeah, double murder and suicide is probably what it is, but why such a kind hearted good man would kill his son that meant the world to him is beside me.
rcg916
6/25/07 11:52:29PM

Posted by MisFiT

Yeah, double murder and suicide is probably what it is, but why such a kind hearted good man would kill his son that meant the world to him is beside me.

I dont get it. I guess you just never know... Still hoping for piss poor journalism, but Im running out of legit excuses...
DJDark41
6/25/07 11:54:40PM

Posted by richieb19

Take this for what it's worth, but I've gathered that Chris called in on a Sunday show saying that his wife and son where sick and throwing up blood... at the same time investigators have yet to find a stab or gunshot wound... maybe he killed himself because his wife and child died...

This isn't anything reliable btw, just what I've managed to scrap together with the information I have...

I believe that one, I am having trouble believing that Chris Benoit would kill his wife and his kid.
MisFiT
6/26/07 12:10:48AM
It's gotta be his wife, this isnt he Chris we all know.
richieb19
6/26/07 12:14:46AM

Posted by MisFiT

It doesn't make it any better to place the blame elsewhere... best we can do is sit tight and wait quietly... assumptions like this don't help anything and only hurt more people...
MisFiT
6/26/07 12:21:14AM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by MisFiT

It doesn't make it any better to place the blame elsewhere... best we can do is sit tight and wait quietly... assumptions like this don't help anything and only hurt more people...

lol tell me about it, I just got in a fight with my grandma over it, she always thinks women are the innocent ones and men are out to get everyone, she immediately put the blame on him and says he did it 110% cause "thats how it usually happens"... shes an idiot.
cincyassasin
6/26/07 12:23:31AM
This sucks man....I used to be a huge fan till I found MMA and Benoit with Ric Flair, Dean Malenko, Mongo, and of course AA in the wings.......Wooooooo 4H I'm just in shock all together.
Scott_Revels
6/26/07 1:26:34AM
Wrestlezone.com is reporting that Chris killed his wife on Saturday, and son on Sunday, and himself on Monday.. That seems a bit out of there, unless he's able to let his son sit in a house that has his dead mother in it, and then himself sit there, after killing his son. I like everyone else is hoping that someone killed the benoit family, or that some unnatural cause like carbon monoxide killed them, because I just can't believe that a guy I respected, could do this.. When I was text messaged during class (I go to night classes at a tech college), and told about it, I almost wanted to drop everything I was doing, and lay on the floor, and go into the fetal position..
rcg916
6/26/07 1:31:10AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Wrestlezone.com is reporting that Chris killed his wife on Saturday, and son on Sunday, and himself on Monday.. That seems a bit out of there, unless he's able to let his son sit in a house that has his dead mother in it, and then himself sit there, after killing his son. I like everyone else is hoping that someone killed the benoit family, or that some unnatural cause like carbon monoxide killed them, because I just can't believe that a guy I respected, could do this.. When I was text messaged during class (I go to night classes at a tech college), and told about it, I almost wanted to drop everything I was doing, and lay on the floor, and go into the fetal position..

I can relate. Felt like a punch in the stomach, that still hasnt gone away...

More details are being made here, god theyre starting to uncover the facts that Im sure they already know...

www.wwe.com
Piccosaur
6/26/07 3:04:10AM
Why, why the son too?

This is awful I can't respect him if it's true.
buryyourdead
6/26/07 4:08:22AM
**** him he didnt need to kill his kid...... yah maybe the wife was fuckin aorund but murk her ass not your own 7 year old blood...... hes a pussy and tarnished any reputation he ever had as a result of this
Naturaldisaster
6/26/07 5:28:53AM
we don't knowwhat happened yet. ( they still haven't confirmed anything yet.) I hope it was the case that he found them dead and killed himself. I mean that could be quite possible. almost 2 years ago eddie died (chris's best friend), then like 2 weeks ago one of chris's other friends (an old tag partner) died. so if chris came home and found his wife and son dead, he just realized he had nothin left to live for (although he does have another son and a daughter, by an ex wife). I hope thats what happened I don't want to remember chris as a murderer. I want him to go down as one of the greatest workers in prowrestling history
Violentcuv
6/26/07 7:01:39AM
Truly sad.

Too many professional wrestlers dying in the past months.
GrandMaster313
6/26/07 8:11:39AM
R.I.P. Bennoit. Thoughts and prayers go out to family and loved one's and anyone who was a bennoit fan.................................................................
Fanboy 1988
6/26/07 9:32:10AM
I can't believe this, I feel heart broken that he passed away.. But his whole family.

cowcatcher
6/26/07 9:46:43AM
im shocked as a long time wrestling fan. the fact that everyplace is now reporting the murder of the wife saturday, son sunday, then himself yesterday, after not wrestling at the ppv for "personal reasons" is unbelievable. i hope more details follow, id like to know what reason anyone can have for killing their wife and 7 year old kid. surreal...
iwin
6/26/07 10:16:31AM
I used to watch wrestling all the time when I was like 6 years old. I remember watching him. RIP Chris, your wife, and your son
babalu2720
6/26/07 11:08:39AM
The double murder suicide thing is hard to swallow. We can really never get closure knowing that Chris killed his wife, son, and then himself. This is getting worse and i dont know if i wann hear the autopsy results. This is very sad and shocking.
rcg916
6/26/07 11:19:57AM

Posted by babalu2720

The double murder suicide thing is hard to swallow. We can really never get closure knowing that Chris killed his wife, son, and then himself. This is getting worse and i dont know if i wann hear the autopsy results. This is very sad and shocking.

you said it. Im not enjoying this one bit...
MisFiT
6/26/07 11:22:40AM

Posted by buryyourdead

**** him he didnt need to kill his kid...... yah maybe the wife was fuckin aorund but murk her ass not your own 7 year old blood...... hes a pussy and tarnished any reputation he ever had as a result of this

Dont jump to conclusion...
Signal2112
6/26/07 11:24:34AM
I just want to know what happened!
rcg916
6/26/07 11:29:32AM
All signs continue to take turns for the worse... Im reserving judgment, but the WWE site has taken down all of the tribute sections for benoit, and left just the story. Not a good sign...
MisFiT
6/26/07 11:30:14AM

Posted by Signal2112

I just want to know what happened!

Well, Murder suicide, no wounds found on the bodies, coughing up blood, tells you it was poisoning or something.

Benoit's death part of a double murder-suicide
Written: June 25, 2007According to lead investigator Lt. Tommy Pope, of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department, in Fayetteville, Ga., the deaths of WWE Superstar Chris Benoit, wife Nancy and son Daniel were the result of a double murder-suicide, WWE.com has learned.

Benoit failed to appear both at Saturday’s live event in Beaumont, Texas, and WWE’s Vengeance: Night of Champions in Houston Sunday night, after informing WWE of a family emergency. Several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning prompted concerned friends to alert Richard Hering, VP of Government Relations for WWE, Inc. Hering, in turn, spoke with Fayette County sheriffs Monday, and requested they respond to the Benoit residence to check on him and his family.

Authorities representing the Sheriff’s Department initially had a difficult time entering Benoit’s new Fayetteville home Monday afternoon, which had been guarded by two large German Shepherds roaming freely around the property. Once authorities entered the residence, they quickly located the bodies of Benoit, Nancy and Daniel. WWE was notified of the discovery at approximately 4 p.m.

At 10 p.m. Monday night, Lt. Pope held a press conference in conjunction with Scott Ballard, the district attorney for Fayette County. The press conference officially ruled authorities’ findings as a double murder-suicide from within the home.

WAGA, a FOX-owned and operated television station in Atlanta, reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and 7-year-old son over the weekend, then himself on Monday.

The three bodies have been received by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation’s crime lab, in Decatur, Ga., where autopsies will be performed Tuesday morning. Toxicology reports will not become available for at least two weeks.
szucconi
6/26/07 11:36:26AM
MisFiT
6/26/07 11:39:17AM

Posted by szucconi

HERE

rcg916
6/26/07 12:08:00PM

Posted by szucconi

HERE

Same info, nothing new...

waiting for NEW developments.