Chris Benoit found dead

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Chris Benoit found dead
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Naturaldisaster
6/25/07 9:19:01PM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by Naturaldisaster

yeah because you would think one of them would have died 1st then they would have called 911. and they might have passed away at the hospital. there doing an investigation. but on a wrestling website it did say thay chris benoit was NOT shot to death.

You cant believe everything you see, people like to stir shit up. no one went to the hospital, they have all been found IN the house.

Yeah I know. I was just thinkin that if it was poisoning they wouldn't have all died at the exact same time. I know that they were found in their house this afternoon.
Naturaldisaster
6/25/07 9:19:49PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Damn when I watched wrestling a few years ago I went to a live PPV event in the Continental Arena to see this dude. It was Benoit vs Jericho vs. Stone Cold in a tripple threat for the title. Chris always was one of my favorite wrestlers he brought excitement to WWE. RIP.

that was the night he broke his neck.
MisFiT
6/25/07 9:21:58PM

Posted by MisFiT

yeah because you would think one of them would have died 1st then they would have called 911. and they might have passed away at the hospital. there doing an investigation. but on a wrestling website it did say thay chris benoit was NOT shot to death.

You cant believe everything you see, people like to stir shit up. no one went to the hospital, they have all been found IN the house.

Yeah I know. I was just thinkin that if it was poisoning they wouldn't have all died at the exact same time. I know that they were found in their house this afternoon.

It sounds like they have been dead since last night at the earliest.
rcg916
6/25/07 9:23:40PM

Posted by MisFiT

Sensational Sherri just died like a week or two ago.

Biff/Beef Wellington died a few days after her... He was Benoits old tag partner in the old Stampede days... briefly. They feuded for a bit but always travelled together in Benoits first couple years in the business.
Piccosaur
6/25/07 9:24:12PM

Posted by Piccosaur

Damn when I watched wrestling a few years ago I went to a live PPV event in the Continental Arena to see this dude. It was Benoit vs Jericho vs. Stone Cold in a tripple threat for the title. Chris always was one of my favorite wrestlers he brought excitement to WWE. RIP.

that was the night he broke his neck.

I didn't even remember that. I can picture him in a neck brace though because it did happen I just didn't remember it being from a result from that match. Kurt Angle versed Shane McMahon that night too if I remember. It was crazy.
MisFiT
6/25/07 9:25:22PM
This is bullshit, whats next, BJ Penn choking on a Pineapple?!
CanadianCripplr
6/25/07 9:25:29PM
i saw bobby the brain heenan on tv last week and hes not far behind.
MisFiT
6/25/07 9:26:50PM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

I saw him a few years ago and he was in some bad shape, wonder how bad he looks now.
rcg916
6/25/07 9:30:05PM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by CanadianCripplr

I saw him a few years ago and he was in some bad shape, wonder how bad he looks now.

Hey, the guy "beat" supposedly terminal throat cancer, give him a break!
Naturaldisaster
6/25/07 9:30:43PM
its kinda ironic to, The night eddie guerrero died, he was going to win the title from batista at a house show (because batista tore his bicep). and last night/this morning benoit died, when he was supposed to win the ecw title last night.
MisFiT
6/25/07 9:36:31PM

its kinda ironic to, The night eddie guerrero died, he was going to win the title from batista at a house show (because batista tore his bicep). and last night/this morning benoit died, when he was supposed to win the ecw title last night.

That was speculation and it wasnt gonna be a House Show, it was gonna be on Smackdown...

babalu2720
6/25/07 9:42:54PM
I just watched Dean malenko's tribute and it was quite touching. It sucks for him and he said it he lost both of his best friends, Chris and Eddie.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/25/07 9:43:47PM
I remember the day Eddie died,Chris Benoit was one of those who had some words to say in between the tribute show......and i remember he was crying and saying how good a person Eddie was and stuff,that just showed how good of a person he was
rcg916
6/25/07 9:57:53PM

Posted by babalu2720

I just watched Dean malenko's tribute and it was quite touching. It sucks for him and he said it he lost both of his best friends, Chris and Eddie.

I just mentioned that on Sherdog, and nobody knew who Malenko was... the nerve.
iwannabesedated
6/25/07 10:03:31PM
i looked on Wikipedia...doesnt say anything about his death...just that he is a recently deceased person...im not a WWE guy...but it is sad news...especially for ppl who have kids and family.its really tough on them...

Dean Malenko..man of thousand holds??? something like that right he had the texas clover leaf for his finisher...im OG WCW WWF guy...but its too fake and soap opera -ish for me to watch now...

RIP CRIPPLER........
rcg916
6/25/07 10:11:54PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

i looked on Wikipedia...doesnt say anything about his death...just that he is a recently deceased person...im not a WWE guy...but it is sad news...especially for ppl who have kids and family.its really tough on them...

Dean Malenko..man of thousand holds??? something like that right he had the texas clover leaf for his finisher...im OG WCW WWF guy...but its too fake and soap opera -ish for me to watch now...

RIP CRIPPLER........

so you watched when it was good? me too.
Thats right man, he did do the texas cloverleaf... Im more of the old school mold myself, rarely watch these days, but I watch plenty of tapes of old stuff all the time still...
babalu2720
6/25/07 10:14:10PM
See rcg we got some malenko fans in the forums. On a rather light note it was kind of funny when vince came out just for the reason he was supposed to be dead. The announcment was sad
rcg916
6/25/07 10:24:39PM

Posted by babalu2720

See rcg we got some malenko fans in the forums. On a rather light note it was kind of funny when vince came out just for the reason he was supposed to be dead. The announcment was sad

yeah, he had to suck it up on that one... That angle was headed in a historically bad direction.

edit; tried to give you Malenko props, but I gotta spread the love! sorry bro!
DJDark41
6/25/07 10:36:10PM
Very sad day for Pro Wrestling, they lost one of the greatest of all time. For however long wrestling lasts, there will never be another quite like "The Crippler," Chris Benoit.

On a more personal note, Chris Benoit was one of the major competitors that got me into wrestling. I was a casual fan, then I ordered Wrestlemania 20 and watched Chris Benoit win that Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Title, and I've been absolutely hooked.

To all the people who might think it's a work, it wasn't just him, it was his wife and one of his children. They wouldn't pull a work like that, because of the risk of one of them being spotted and someone discovering/revealing to the world that its a work. But, seeing as it was himself and 2 other people from his family, I do not believe it to be a work. If anyone finds anything on his cause of death or anything of the sort, please let me know.

He will greatly be missed.
RIP Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit.
rcg916
6/25/07 10:38:40PM
Dude, its being covered on every network, news site and forum there is. ITS NOT A WORK. Weve covered that already.
Metafour
6/25/07 11:07:06PM
If this is some sort of publicity stunt for the WWE then that is just low. If it truly happened RIP to Chris and his family.
rcg916
6/25/07 11:09:46PM

Posted by Metafour

If this is some sort of publicity stunt for the WWE then that is just low. If it truly happened RIP to Chris and his family.

Wow.

Its been confirmed on wwe programming by Vince himself...

Plus, its on every news outlet in the country right now. What more do you need?
richieb19
6/25/07 11:11:41PM
Sorry to force mixed emotions on everyone, however the news is stating that it may be very possible that Chris killed his wife and son, then himself:

Fox News

ABC News

Again, I sincerely apologize if these sources turn out to be false...
rcg916
6/25/07 11:15:46PM
thanks for finding the update richie

edit: for Fox's sake, I hope they know what theyre talking about... theyre going out there a little... ABC stayed safe it looks like.

God I hope not.........
richieb19
6/25/07 11:17:30PM

Posted by rcg916

thanks for finding the update richie

I almost wish I wouldn't have...
Ydoc
6/25/07 11:17:49PM
If it's a murder suicide we are wasting our attention on him.
rcg916
6/25/07 11:19:41PM

Posted by Ydoc

If it's a murder suicide we are wasting our attention on him.

Hes been my favorite for the past 15 years or so... And this kills me to say, but I agree bro. Im just waiting on that emotion...
DJDark41
6/25/07 11:23:48PM
Well, he missed the most recent WWE payperview, citing "personal reasons" for why he missed the event. Maybe him and his wife were having problems...I just hope the murder/suicide claim isn't true, it just doesn't seem like Chris Benoit at all.
jdubs
6/25/07 11:27:11PM
wwe.com is reporting a double murder suicide
Guerrilla-Radio
6/25/07 11:36:06PM
Damn, I really hope it doesn't turn out that way. Benoit was a great guy but knowing he killed his family...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7