Choose your side!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Choose your side!
FastKnockout
12/26/11 2:54:05PM
UFC 141 coming up this friday night! Whose side will you be on in the main event?

I'll go with...

THE REEM!

cowcatcher
12/26/11 2:59:34PM
Today at 2pm CST I'm leaning towards Brock, this will probably change 200 times between now and Friday. Really tough fight for me to call, it's a matter of who executes because it's pretty clear where each guy's strength lies.
emfleek
12/26/11 3:04:30PM
BLOCK RESNAR!!!

40ouncetpkid
12/26/11 3:54:55PM
Overeem will kill him.
Chael_Sonnen
12/26/11 3:59:05PM
Brock will make chicken salad out of chicken shit with Uber.
SmileR
12/26/11 4:05:35PM
Brock!!!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Twenty20Dollars
12/26/11 4:42:01PM
Lesnar
tcunningham
12/26/11 4:50:06PM
i wanna say the reem but with both these guy, we just dont know what to expect until they get in the octagon. if overeem fights like he did with werdum, he's gonna get owned. if he stays technical with lesnar and shuts down the TD, lesnar will get owned. same with brock, has he improved his stand up and can he take a punch, he's had a supect chin and bad composure ever since the carwin fight. if he can take overeem down and stay there, overeems in a lot of trouble. we wont know until the fight happens.
Budgellism
12/26/11 5:07:40PM

It's a really tough fight to call but I've got to go with Overeem.
kopower
12/26/11 6:08:56PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Today at 2pm CST I'm leaning towards Brock, this will probably change 200 times between now and Friday. Really tough fight for me to call, it's a matter of who executes because it's pretty clear where each guy's strength lies.

This, except as of now, I'm leaning towards Overeem.
jae_1833
12/26/11 6:43:22PM
Total clash of styles, I like Overeem a little bit more because I have been watching him a lot longer, so he gets my pick....I am kind of hoping he submits Brock.
BuffaloDave
12/26/11 8:45:22PM
UFC_Fanatic
12/26/11 11:50:56PM
i'm leaning toward Overeem right now. I've went back and forth both with my pick and in my mind as I have watched the fight in my mind about a billion times. We're truly going to see how well the Reem fares against a high level powerful wrestler. If the reem can shut down lesnars take downs, then the reem takes it easy. I don't know that I would say that lesnar has a glass jaw because you have to have a decent chin to be able to at the very least, stay awake, when carwin hits you, but I will say he reacts to getting hit worse than any fighter that I can recall off the top of my head, and that is never a good thing, I wonder how he'd take to one of the reem's uber knees to the face while shooting in. We could also see how well the Reem's frequently questioned chin holds up to Lesnar's big old cinder block sized hammers if lesnar takes him down and works some gnp. I'm VERY stoked for this fight.
Lesnar1
12/27/11 12:40:18AM
Lesnar all day!
TheBlackChip
12/27/11 2:27:38AM
I originally had Overeem, but in the last few days I have become increasingly doubtful about his chances to win. I'm not 100% sold on picking Lesnar yet, but I'm definitely starting to lean in his direction. I'm starting to wonder about Overeem's camp, his conditioning, and possible UFC jitters. We all know Lesnar is going to try like absolute hell to get Overeem down early and often and unless he gets caught with a knee coming in (which I think is VERY possible), he'll get a takedown eventually and will land shots; as funny as they may look those shots are hard and effective, just ask Frank Mir. Also the more I look at it the less impressive Overeem's resume becomes. Buentello, Hunt, Goodridge, Sylvester, Thompson, Fujita, Rodgers & Duffee were all either a) Passed their prime, b) Not very big heavyweights, or c) not good defensively on the ground or standing, allowing Overeem to finish them all pretty easily. His bout vs Werdum showed what happens when he fights a good sized, skilled heavyweight with a ground game (although I do think he was intentionally being overly cautious, so I try not to read too much into that). I think it goes without saying that Overeem's conditioning is a question mark, but I don't think it will matter if he wins. If he wins, it will be early and brutal; I envision it starting with knees followed by some smothering ground and pound until the ref waves it off. I could also see Overeem scoring a flash submission ala Frank Mir, but hopefully Brock has learned enough to use his strength and wrestling chops to stay out of trouble when it goes to the ground. I'm sure I'll be thinking about this right up until fight day, but I hope further expert insight and an eventful weigh in will help to clear the air.
Theoutlaw08
12/27/11 10:42:46AM
I think I am taking Brock.
kingsmasher
12/27/11 2:42:25PM
Id take Brock all day if he truly wants it but thats the big question for me....

Does Brock want the title shot or a paycheck? A great wrestler like Brock could win this if his heart is in it...Take Rheem down over and over..SHoudl be a problem really...Hes not a wrestler at all so should be on his back...

You cant sit here and tell me that Brock a champion wrestler shouldnt be able to own this fight against a guy who has never wrestler period...Makes no sense..

Wrestling dominates if you use it...
Franklinfan47
12/27/11 3:20:09PM
Picked Lesnar, but rooting for Ubereem.

State_Champ
12/27/11 7:01:12PM
Brock.
Brock has the wrestling to get Alistair to the mat and I don't think Alistair will be getting up from under him.... And I think Brock can out-scramble Alistair any day.

Plus, I like Brock for the way he whooped Mir. I think I'm a Brock fan for life since UFC 100.

tmas
12/28/11 1:17:38AM
TheReem2012
12/28/11 5:43:24AM
Overeem
kingsmasher
12/28/11 5:36:23PM

Posted by tcunningham

i wanna say the reem but with both these guy, we just dont know what to expect until they get in the octagon. if overeem fights like he did with werdum, he's gonna get owned. if he stays technical with lesnar and shuts down the TD, lesnar will get owned. same with brock, has he improved his stand up and can he take a punch, he's had a supect chin and bad composure ever since the carwin fight. if he can take overeem down and stay there, overeems in a lot of trouble. we wont know until the fight happens.

I laugh when pple say Brock has a suspect chin...Man the guys that have hit him are not small guys at all and hes done well to weather the storm...100 hits from Carwin....Jeez cain cut his face open...His chin isnt suspect these guys are heavyweights..
TheBlackChip
12/29/11 1:02:44AM

Posted by tmas

Never saw this before. I fucking hate this guy now.
prozacnation1978
12/29/11 9:50:56AM
Going with the reem!!
calitrees
12/29/11 10:40:16AM
Ill take Lesnar any avatar bets?