Chonan got screwed

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chonan got screwed
EvenFlow
12/29/08 12:13:08PM
Watch the fight they give it to Blackburn 29-28 and thats not even close, Ryo won that fight 29-28, Ryo won rounds 2 and 3, he landed more and was the agressor in those rounds, I couldnt believe it when I saw the fight, it might be as bad as Bisbing Hamill and the whole crowd boo's.

Chonan Vs Blackburn
copcopps
12/29/08 12:21:16PM
Sorry I have to disagree, watched it twice and I agree 100 percent with the result.
EvenFlow
12/29/08 12:23:23PM
He got screwed, why do you think everyone is booing, he dominated the last two rounds with strikes and aggression and its obvious you picked Blackburn and cannot see past that.
copcopps
12/29/08 12:33:54PM
I did pick Blackburn however, in the second round Chonan while the aggressor to an extent, was sloppy especially when he slipped during the flying knee, that might have made him lose the round. I however thought it would be more close than a unanimous one.

Also when Chonan was off his back, he did very little, while Blackburn did some GNP but not that much

And as for the crowd booing I'm guessing by your logic Griffin was robbed when he fought Sherk since the crowd booed.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/29/08 12:35:42PM
Chonan did nothing to win the fight IMO. Blackburn simply outclassed him, he was the best man that night.
EvenFlow
12/29/08 12:37:17PM

Posted by copcopps

I did pick Blackburn however, in the second round Chonan while the aggressor to an extent, was sloppy especially when he slipped during the flying knee, that might have made him lose the round. I however thought it would be more close than a unanimous one.

Also when Chonan was off his back, he did very little, while Blackburn did some GNP but not that much

And as for the crowd booing I'm guessing by your logic Griffin was robbed when he fought Sherk since the crowd booed.

Ryo landed at will with kicks and punches in the last two rounds and you didnt see Joe question the decision when he interviewed Sherk at the end but you did see that in this fight because Ryo was clearly the aggressor landing more.

If you should be arguing anything it should be for a 10-10 2nd round because theres no way Blackburn won that round.
EvenFlow
12/29/08 12:41:06PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Chonan did nothing to win the fight IMO. Blackburn simply outclassed him, he was the best man that night.

You do know that you can think a fighter you picked lost in victory right? I thought Tibau did enough to beat Tyson but I picked Tyson. If you think Blackburn "outclassed" him that is clearly biased.
JimiMak
12/29/08 12:45:46PM

14. Do not post your OPINION as a FACT. Two facts: "water is wet", "the sky is blue". A non-fact: "Jon Doe will beat Joe Blow and you all know it" when they have never even fought before.

Do you ever get sick of being the only one who knows what's going on? Then you're prob'ly the one who doesn't know. Just something I've heard that seems appropriate.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/29/08 1:05:07PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

You do know that you can think a fighter you picked lost in victory right? I thought Tibau did enough to beat Tyson but I picked Tyson. If you think Blackburn "outclassed" him that is clearly biased.

Talking about being biased man, i see you had chonnan by UD. Now all that you said there can be easily flipped around over to you. Even if you picked the loser and think you got screwed can't you accept the fact that Blackburn was the better man? cause he clearly was, half the playground thinks it, the judges thought so too and also i didint hear of any big controversy going up to the commission. So IMO what you need to do is get over that loss man cause the fight is over and it's been 2 days.
EvenFlow
12/29/08 1:10:35PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Talking about being biased man, i see you had chonnan by UD. Now all that you said there can be easily flipped around over to you. Even if you picked the loser and think you got screwed can't you accept the fact that Blackburn was the better man? cause he clearly was, half the playground thinks it, the judges thought so too and also i didint hear of any big controversy going up to the commission. So IMO what you need to do is get over that loss man cause the fight is over and it's been 2 days.

So what if I picked him? If I had picked Blackburn I would have still brought this up, I havnt seen the fight until today and I had accepted it until I watched it. The most I could accept out of that fight is a draw, when your the aggressor and land more for 2 rounds straight you tend to win. I picked Hamill to beat Bisping but I didnt get any lip for that, everybody except mikeys die hard nuthuggers thought Hamill won. I think if more people watch this they will agree that this was a bad decision. I am over this I just wanted to discuss it, its not like I thought I could turn it over, but to think Blackburn "outclassed" him shows bias. At no point did I say Chonan "outclassed" Blackburn but landed more and was the aggressor in both the finals rounds.
MikeyG
12/29/08 1:18:30PM
i have to agree with you flow he did a little bit more and should have gotten a split decision not a unanimous decision though nor a unanimous for brad, very close
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/29/08 1:23:01PM

Posted by JimiMak

14. Do not post your OPINION as a FACT. Two facts: "water is wet", "the sky is blue". A non-fact: "Jon Doe will beat Joe Blow and you all know it" when they have never even fought before.

Do you ever get sick of being the only one who knows what's going on? Then you're prob'ly the one who doesn't know. Just something I've heard that seems appropriate.

and your right, you didint actually say chonnan outclassed blackburn, but the title of your thread IS Chonan got screwed...
higdon10
12/29/08 2:02:57PM
I'm with you Flow I gave him rounds 2 and 3. It was a pretty bad decision. And I also agree that Tibau beat Tyson. Thought I would throw that in there.
JimiMak
12/29/08 3:24:50PM

Posted by MikeyG

i have to agree with you flow he did a little bit more and should have gotten a split decision not a unanimous decision though nor a unanimous for brad, very close

So one judge should be wrong and/or score it differently? How can anyone ever say anything "should have been a split decision"? unanimous dec's show that whether we agree from at home or not the judge's all have a good sense to be judging approx the same way.
DJSyko
12/29/08 3:38:10PM
I picked blackburn to win at first, but when i checked the odds i was like "is there something i am missing?" and it made me second guess it so i changed to Chonan.

I am never going by the odds again unless i know absolutely nothing about the fighters. I couldnt belive Rampage was that much of an underdog but i wasnt going to change that pick for anything.
MikeyG
12/29/08 4:37:24PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by MikeyG

So one judge should be wrong and/or score it differently? How can anyone ever say anything "should have been a split decision"? unanimous dec's show that whether we agree from at home or not the judge's all have a good sense to be judging approx the same way.

i dont like the scoring system, i want to put in the 0.5 point rule and a more decisive way to determine damage, clinch, takedown, etc, and yes i had ryo winning in that scoring systems or the dumb boxing system they have now

its not that one judge has to be "wrong" but it was far from unanimous for brad, if they really think he won it should have been split, but i saw ryo winning by a split

why are you butthurt?
JimiMak
12/29/08 5:54:40PM

Posted by MikeyG

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by MikeyG

i dont like the scoring system, i want to put in the 0.5 point rule and a more decisive way to determine damage, clinch, takedown, etc, and yes i had ryo winning in that scoring systems or the dumb boxing system they have now

its not that one judge has to be "wrong" but it was far from unanimous for brad, if they really think he won it should have been split, but i saw ryo winning by a split

why are you butthurt?

not butt hurt, lol, couldn't really care less

You said: "if they really think he won it shoulda been split"...??? wtf?!? that makes no sense. and "I had ryo winning by a split"...??? that makes even less sense?!? you either scored the guy as winning or not. You can't score someone as winning by a split!?! it seems like you don't have any idea what a SD is.

I just don't get any argument "for"a SD. I can see arguing that something wasn't 30-27 but to argue for a SD is just weird. You're asking for a dissenting judge. To say "far from unanimous" is just an odd statement, imo. How is it that 3 ppl who are used to scoring an mma bout shouldn't see things the same way? You don't agree w/ the way it was scored, I get that, but how is it that you would've felt better if one in three judges had agree w/ you and disagreed w/ the other two professional judges? Is it just cuz it woulda given you more fuel to say even a judge agreed w/ me? The fact that it was unanimous shows a good bit to the fact that by the professionals and by this scoring system the right guy won.

and yes, I picked Ryo.
postman
12/29/08 6:18:12PM
I picked Chonan. I just watched the fight Pretty easy to say Rd 1 Blackburn Rd 3 Chonan. Rd 2 was pretty close, niether did enough to claim that round. I will say Ryo's 3rd rd was better then Blackburns 1st rd. Leave it in the hands of the judges and someone is still going to lose in a fight that close what do you expect?
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/29/08 6:39:04PM

Posted by JimiMak

You said: "if they really think he won it shoulda been split"...??? wtf?!? that makes no sense. and "I had ryo winning by a split"...??? that makes even less sense?!? you either scored the guy as winning or not. You can't score someone as winning by a split!?! it seems like you don't have any idea what a SD is.

I just don't get any argument "for"a SD. I can see arguing that something wasn't 30-27 but to argue for a SD is just weird. You're asking for a dissenting judge. To say "far from unanimous" is just an odd statement, imo. How is it that 3 ppl who are used to scoring an mma bout shouldn't see things the same way? You don't agree w/ the way it was scored, I get that, but how is it that you would've felt better if one in three judges had agree w/ you and disagreed w/ the other two professional judges? Is it just cuz it woulda given you more fuel to say even a judge agreed w/ me? The fact that it was unanimous shows a good bit to the fact that by the professionals and by this scoring system the right guy won.

and yes, I picked Ryo.

I'd prop you again if i could
MikeyG
12/29/08 7:04:46PM

Posted by JimiMak

thats not what ive been hearing

Posted by JimiMak

i can score it any way i want to, i dont go by that b/s boxing system, ryo won on my card by 0.5, but i get you skipped that half point part of what i said

Posted by JimiMak
I just don't get any argument "for"a SD. I can see arguing that something wasn't 30-27 but to argue for a SD is just weird. You're asking for a dissenting judge. To say "far from unanimous" is just an odd statement, imo.

lol, no your just not listening, selective hearing sucks huh? a split to be is a close fight and i said blackburn was far from unanimous, way too close of a fight and leans toward ryo to give blackburn a unanimous decision, i could really care less if you think "if its a split decision one judge is wrong" thats crap, there isnt a unified way to score fights and thats why we have all these crap decisions, doc hamilton can explain it better for you since you arnt willing to listen

Posted by JimiMak
How is it that 3 ppl who are used to scoring an mma bout shouldn't see things the same way?

how is it that bisping got the decision, see there are judement errors all the time, you act like these judges are gods when they dont even use an mma scoring system they use a flawed boxing system that has screwed over plenty of fights

Posted by JimiMak
You don't agree w/ the way it was scored, I get that, but how is it that you would've felt better if one in three judges had agree w/ you and disagreed w/ the other two professional judges? Is it just cuz it woulda given you more fuel to say even a judge agreed w/ me? The fact that it was unanimous shows a good bit to the fact that by the professionals and by this scoring system the right guy won.

and yes, I picked Ryo.

lol i cant believe you man, and no just because all three judges score it the same dosnt make it completely correct, its perceptive not finite just like any opinion right?, so let me repeat myself about how i score, i......dont.......use......the.......boxing.......system......say it with me jimimak, i dont use the boxing system, now that we've established that plenty of judges score far from each other and thats the main reason why that system is so flawed, the day when robotic judging comes into play the better, then it can calculate damage, strikes landed/missed, sub attempts/how deep, and the rest of the mma game
tberg420
12/29/08 7:05:43PM
Chonan got a gift decision his last time in the Octagon. What was it that they say about karma?
JimiMak
12/29/08 7:15:39PM
Wow, you point by pointed me and didn't make one point. lol.

The best thing that i can go back to is when you said "I can score it any way I want to" in defense to my question about how one person can't score a split dec. ROFL, that's classic. A split is when 2 judges agree and one disagrees. To say "I score it a split" is an absolutely assinine comment and shows you know nothing about scoring an event like this.

You're a troll, but funny, keep em coming.

Again, you can disagree w/ the scoring system... but it is the scoring system used. According to that the right person won.

And I never bothered to mention, but not only did I pick Ryo but I also agreed w/ the decision.

Either way learn what a split decision is before you make a comment like "I score a split" Still ROFL'ing at that one.
MikeyG
12/29/08 7:26:12PM

Posted by JimiMak

Wow, you point by pointed me and didn't make one point. lol.

The best thing that i can go back to is when you said "I can score it any way I want to" in defense to my question about how one person can't score a split dec. ROFL, that's classic. A split is when 2 judges agree and one disagrees. To say "I score it a split" is an absolutely assinine comment and shows you know nothing about scoring an event like this.

You're a troll, but funny, keep em coming.

Again, you can disagree w/ the scoring system... but it is the scoring system used. According to that the right person won.

And I never bothered to mention, but not only did I pick Ryo but I also agreed w/ the decision.

Either way learn what a split decision is before you make a comment like "I score a split" Still ROFL'ing at that one.

trolling? for saying i score fights a different way? you cant even come up with points other than irrelevant ones, you really have to resort to name calling, how childish

JimiMak
12/29/08 7:34:11PM
still laughing, thx, like i said you're funnier than most

and yes, for trying to say the judges should score by your system and not the agreed upon one, or that somehow one person can score a split decision, call it trolling or simply making arguments that hold no water and trying to stick by them when shown that they don't make sense. But yeah, you're being "that guy". Notice you don't have a lot of support in this. You disagree, but that doesn't make it controversial.
MikeyG
12/29/08 7:46:37PM

Posted by JimiMak

still laughing, thx, like i said you're funnier than most

and yes, for trying to say the judges should score by your system and not the agreed upon one, or that somehow one person can score a split decision, call it trolling or simply making arguments that hold no water and trying to stick by them when shown that they don't make sense. But yeah, you're being "that guy". Notice you don't have a lot of support in this. You disagree, but that doesn't make it controversial.

yeah i think it should be changed to 0.5 that makes me a troll? check yourself dude, your the troll man especially with your location being talking trash to garbage around you, wow very original and not troll like at all

believe me im still laughing too
npayant
12/29/08 8:11:51PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Watch the fight they give it to Blackburn 29-28 and thats not even close, Ryo won that fight 29-28, Ryo won rounds 2 and 3, he landed more and was the agressor in those rounds, I couldnt believe it when I saw the fight, it might be as bad as Bisbing Hamill and the whole crowd boo's.

Chonan Vs Blackburn

I really have to disagree with you here! Yes, I had Blackburn via UD, but I went into watching this fight trying to keep that out of my mind. I watched the 2nd round two times and there is absolutely no way I could give it to Chonan. Blackburn landed just as many strikes and had him taken down at one point (that usually counts quite a bit in UFC judges' minds... it could mean the difference in a close round like this one). IMO Blackburn had the first 3 minutes or so of the round and it wasn't until about 1:30 left where Chonan started to take over - hence the round going to Blackburn.

It seems like many other people doing play by play disagree with you as well (they ALL gave Blackburn the second round). Here are just a few examples:

Sherdog Play by Play

MMAjunkie Play by Play

MMAWeekly Play by Play

Sorry you picked Chonan.
MikeyG
12/29/08 8:13:27PM
ok
JimiMak
12/29/08 8:14:57PM
then why can't you make a point?

Fact is YOU can only score a match one way or another or a tie. Any argument for a split is stupid. If you don't understand the reasons why then i'm not sure if I'm insulting you less by calling you a troll or stupid. I'm trying to insult you less, cuz that's not what this is about.

Arguing for a split decision is either idiotic or trolling. Take your pick.

And my loc says that because I look around me and see ppl like you (for those that don't know my loc is a Beck song quote, and I use sarcasm a lot... those that know me here know that, but you haven't been around that long so I included a disclaimer)
MikeyG
12/29/08 8:49:03PM

Posted by JimiMak

then why can't you make a point?

Fact is YOU can only score a match one way or another or a tie. Any argument for a split is stupid. If you don't understand the reasons why then i'm not sure if I'm insulting you less by calling you a troll or stupid. I'm trying to insult you less, cuz that's not what this is about.

Arguing for a split decision is either idiotic or trolling. Take your pick.

And my loc says that because I look around me and see ppl like you (for those that don't know my loc is a Beck song quote, and I use sarcasm a lot... those that know me here know that, but you haven't been around that long so I included a disclaimer)

i guess if you wanna get technical split does mean the judges were split but i always thought of it as too close to call and thats the way im always going to see it, have fun being the real troll dude all i did was have a discussion and you turned it into name calling congradufreakinlations "talking trash to garbage around you" yeah we get it thats not condescending at all
Jackelope
12/29/08 10:24:16PM
Chill the hell out guys. Quit making my job tough, it's the freakin holidays for Christ's sake. Lockin the thread.

MikeyG- if you can't learn to take a dissenting opinion as merely discussion and not an attack on your personal character you'd do yourself a favor to quit posting. Because you've been the center of a lot of controversy lately and at this going rate it won't be long til you get a ban. I've been more than generous.

JimiMak- Whether you're wrong or right about him being a troll is inconsequential- please refrain from calling someone that out in the open on the forum unless they're someone like that Justin_Levens_FTW guy. It sparks arguments and leads to a flame war. That's against the rules, too. I hate to come down hard on both of you guys, but you've forced my hand. Please, both of you guys, and everyone- just chill the hell out before I gotta start throwing the pimp hand around cuz you all know I hate doing that crap. I appreciate you all as posters and I hate banning folks