Chonan vs Blackburn

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Chonan vs Blackburn
Franklinfan47
12/17/08 11:26:01AM
I found this match-up interesting. Both are talented guys, but both their records don't really reflect it. While Chonan probably has the edge in subs and wrestling, I'd say Blackburn definately has the better striking. Personally, I see Chonan grinding out a decision.

Thoughts?
copcopps
12/17/08 11:33:04AM
I see Blackburn beating Chonan via a striking decision, I think Chonan is the worst fight but this should be a LOT more even than it should be
MikeyG
12/17/08 11:35:08AM
idk blackburn has been ko'd in the past too, but i also see chonan getting a sub or ud
Bowen50
12/17/08 11:37:25AM

Posted by copcopps

I see Blackburn beating Chonan via a striking decision, I think Chonan is the worst fight but this should be a LOT more even than it should be

exactly what i was thinking
Aaronno9
12/17/08 11:39:46AM
I think chonans almost on another level to Blackburn tbh, no disrespect to Brad. I see him taking a UD or pounding Brad out.
copcopps
12/17/08 11:40:53AM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by copcopps

Yeah a lot of people crap on Brad because of his 13-9 record but if you look at who he's lost to and who he's beat he's a lot better than the record says

Bring out the Badness Brad
Aaronno9
12/17/08 11:56:22AM

Posted by copcopps

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by copcopps

Yeah a lot of people crap on Brad because of his 13-9 record but if you look at who he's lost to and who he's beat he's a lot better than the record says

Same could be said for chonan, look at his losses - Almeida, Hendo, Filho, Baroni, Karo. List of who hes beaten is just as impressive.
copcopps
12/17/08 11:59:22AM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by copcopps

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by copcopps

Same could be said for chonan, look at his losses - Almeida, Hendo, Filho, Baroni, Karo. List of who hes beaten is just as impressive.

Oh yeah I'm just more impressed with Blackburn's resume and I think he's more consistent
MMA_Alex
12/17/08 12:44:40PM
Chonan > Anderson Silva, therefore Chonan is the best p4p fighter in the world, therefore Chonan will win! MMA Math rocks!

I picked Blackburn.
postman
12/17/08 1:11:09PM
Chonan by ud is how im leaning right now.
Khaos
12/17/08 3:24:31PM
I think Chonan will probably win the first two rounds, but get TKO'ed in the 3rd. I've seen some of Blackburn's fights, come-from-behind victories becuase of his 1 punch KO power.(his fight will Delson Heleno for example).
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/17/08 3:55:48PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I think chonans almost on another level to Blackburn tbh, no disrespect to Brad. I see him taking a UD or pounding Brad out.