If you had only one choice to view one of these events to see what will it be?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » If you had only one choice to view one of these events to see what will it be?
POLL: If you had only one choice to view one of these UFC events what would it be?
UFC 78 Validation 10% (5)
UFC 79 Nemesis 63% (32)
UFC 80 Rapid Fire 12% (6)
UFC 81 Nog Vs. Sylvia, Lesnar vs. Mir 14% (7)
None of them are really that interesting 2% (1)
Riggeee
11/11/07 6:23:41PM
UFC 78 Validation
UFC 79 Nemesis
UFC 80 Rapid Fire
UFC 81 Nog Vs. Sylvia, Lesnar vs. Mir....dont know the name
or
you dont think any of them look that entertaining
I know nog vs. sylvia is rumored but it will probably be confirmed
i would have put ufc 82 rampage vs. bisping/evans but that probably wont happen.
MALICE
11/11/07 6:32:45PM
79 of course. It's not the most stacked card, but these two fights, make it my pick. Hughes vs. Serra. Cant wait to see you know who, put a beatin' on, you know who. Liddell vs. Silva. Wouldn't miss it for the world. I dont care who wins, as long as it doesn't go the distance.

80 being a lose second.
tuvok500
11/11/07 6:40:44PM
UFC 79 to see Serra being destroy with my own eyes !!!

DCRage
11/11/07 6:42:55PM
81 just because of Lesnar.
Aaronno9
11/11/07 6:53:58PM
if cro cop fights at 80, then ill choose that becouse i get to see 3 of my favourite fighters in him, joe and b.j
Riggeee
11/11/07 6:56:03PM
he isnt fighting in january i think he is most likely going to fight in Febuary on superbowl weekend or 82 which is going to be in Ohio....hmmmm
Scott_Revels
11/11/07 7:00:13PM
Your question is too confusing.. and i'm too tired to translate. I just clicked UFC 81, for the hell of it..
ohiostate1016
11/11/07 8:33:46PM
I'd have to go w/ 79. We get to see if Serra is for real, plus we get Chuck/Wandi.

UFC 80 is a close second, because I can't wait to see Daddy/penn. Good post.
Twenty20Dollars
11/11/07 8:42:32PM
As of righ now 79, because of all the hype over the years chuck and silva and then the hatred between serra and hughes.

even thought 78 is a freaking stacked card!
Franklinfan47
11/11/07 8:46:11PM
79 looks the best to me so far. Serra vs Hughes + Liddell vs Silva is well worth the money in my opinion. Its still to early to tell if the others will be as good. As of right now, 78 does not intrigue me as much, but hey, its ufc.
NatedawgThaM
11/11/07 10:11:30PM
78 because they have the WAY better fights. I rather see the 78 undercard then the other PPVS!!!!!

But if your going by hype and not actual match quality. Then 79 because of Chuck/Wandy...
cmill21
11/11/07 10:18:17PM

Posted by Aaronno9

if cro cop fights at 80

Same for me/
Riggeee
11/11/07 10:18:35PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

79 looks the best to me so far. Serra vs Hughes + Liddell vs Silva is well worth the money in my opinion. Its still to early to tell if the others will be as good. As of right now, 78 does not intrigue me as much, but hey, its ufc.

its your opinion if you had no choice but to pick one fight card to watch and none of the others so it could be by match quality or hype, your choice.
Ultimate_fighter
11/11/07 11:47:59PM
Mir vs Lesnar would be awesome to see!
Bemin
11/11/07 11:55:46PM
79 for me too, really want to see if Serra is the real deal and can take it to Hughes.
Franklinfan47
11/12/07 12:45:39AM

Posted by Riggeee

Posted by Franklinfan47

its your opinion if you had no choice but to pick one fight card to watch and none of the others so it could be by match quality or hype, your choice.

Chuck vs wandy is both a good quality match and has alot of hype so best of both worlds I guess. Thats why I went with 79. I also am excited to see if Serra can beat hughes.

I could really care less about Bisping vs Evans.
HulkRage
11/12/07 3:49:37AM
78 for now. Great fights on it.
veritas
11/12/07 9:52:41AM
damn so joe and bj are two of your 3 favorite fighters> Thats cool, i mean i agree theyre both awesome but isnt it harsh watching em fight each other. Its like Shogun vs Griffin was for me. Shogun was like the man, unbeatable, the next LHW champ...but then BAM griffin taps him. I was there live at that too. Bittersweet but still rad. Im sure id be the same if Joe beats BJ, Daddys the BIG underdog in this fight, according to all the hoopla. I half hope he wins because A) theres soooo much hype as to BJ being "unbeatable" at 155 but the UFC doesnt have much top 10 talent there except him joe and sherk. And B) hes such a frakin bitchin guy. And I HATE how a lot a people rank Golden Boy Roger Huerta above Joe Daddy. NO WAY. I was really hoping Sherk would fight BJ and Joe and Huerta would go toe to toe. That would put an end as to the hype of Huerta when Joe destroys him.
And who knows, maybe BJ can walk through joe, but Ill believe it when I see it. I like Joe though, hes a likeable guy with strength and is exciting. I hope he beats BJ actually, there I said it. Do I think it will happen, yikes, ill keep my mouth shut on that one. Im curious, with them being your favorite fighters, who do you think will win and who are you gonna be rooting for? Sometimes its hard to root for one vs the other when ou like em both (Shogun/Griffin) or (Couture/Liddell) but rather instead to just hope for a kick ass, memorable battle. What do you think
veritas
11/12/07 10:00:59AM
Im looking forward to all of them, each for their own reasons...Do I want to see Wanderlei vs Liddell still...f%ck yeah i do! Its unreal, and who cares if theyre coming off back to back losses, maybe theyre not in their "prime" anymore, but theyre still top level, and its still a match Ive been biting at the bit to see for YEARS! Its surreal its actually happening. Id LOVE to see Dan Henderson fight Anderson Silva too, and Chuck Liddell. Wanderlei vs Tito in a rematch would be sick! And Shogun vs Rampage in a rematch! And I am still and will always be wanting a Forrest/Tito rematch, that was a good fight! And as much of a joke I think Lesnar is, I am to be honest, kinda looking forward to see what hes made of, and Mir aint no joke either, but Id much rather the UFC have signed Barnett instead of him...
atlas777
11/12/07 11:12:03AM
I would chose 79 because matt hughes and chuck liddell are some of my favorites so it would be nasty to go to.
jocksmall
11/13/07 6:39:11PM
with soku vs machada added to 79 it is by far the best event i can remember
Boo_Radley21
11/13/07 6:57:31PM

The Hughes/Serra and Liddel/Silva fights already had 79 winning for me, and when Soku/Machida got added it made me that much more excited.
hippysmacker
11/13/07 7:29:42PM
79 for me. Chuck/Wandy- the all-time dream match, most debated MMa topic ever,finally come to fruition.
Serra/Hughes grudge match that i think is actually real.
Either would be a good main event for me, but both? Good stuff

Rest of the card doesn't have a lot of names, but I think there will be some highly competitive fights --Bocek/Evans especially.

EDIT: If Sokoudjou actually sings to fight Machida on this card thats another dream matchup right there.