"Chipper" Not so Chipper

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » "Chipper" Not so Chipper
GrandMaster313
4/23/08 11:06:51PM
Well after another great fight on TUF. What are your thoughts about Taylor Vs. Dolce?
bigbubbano23
4/23/08 11:20:02PM
i really don't know how they chose some of these people. for example the guy with the hebie jebies. i find it hard to belive that something that serious can slip in unnoticed. or that kid tonight who had 2 fights and lives with his mom. is the casting really that bad or do they pick by image i dunno. anyway i thought he had that guy put away in rnd 2 but he didn't really know what to do with him when he had him in that situation.
scoozna
4/23/08 11:31:17PM
Like Rampage said, he should have kept it standing at the end of rd 1. He wasn't able to do anything on the ground and seemed to have more gas than Tim.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/23/08 11:35:34PM
the kid is 22. he throws bombs, hes strong and lanky . if he knew any jj he would of easily had a body triangle early in the 1st round. as well as a choke and many other tools. considering tim had 15 fights and chipper had 2 he did very good. rampage was spot on , tim was gassing and chipper could of sprawled and brawled to a ko.
kevietre
4/23/08 11:36:06PM

If he would have pulled out of Tim's guard and kept the fight on the feet he could have won. He was landing some good shots during the exchanges.

Anyone else think that dude Jesse is retarded?... he can't work a dishwasher or open a bottle of beer.
GrandMaster313
4/23/08 11:51:31PM
the dishwasher looked broken as for the beer......i guess he's kinda retarded using a knife. It is a kitchen in house purchased by the UFC, your telling me he couldn't find a bottle opener or use the counter top
Rush
4/24/08 12:18:02AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

. if he knew any jj he would of easily had a body triangle early in the 1st round. .

If he is on an MMA reality show, shouldn't he know some BJJ already? I mean, a body triangle is pretty basic.
ObsoleteMan
4/24/08 1:28:44AM

Posted by Rush

. if he knew any jj he would of easily had a body triangle early in the 1st round. .

If he is on an MMA reality show, shouldn't he know some BJJ already? I mean, a body triangle is pretty basic.

He is actually a somewhat accomplished BJJ player already, for a novice. I googled him after his 'knockout of the century", and according to his camp's website he's won a couple grappling tournaments, after only a few months of training.

Ultimately, I think this loss is good for him. Bring him down to earth, after winning some early tourneys and knocking the shit outta that guy. He's got good potential. And I don't get the hate; isn't he the point of the show? Give some raw prospects a chance to train with the big boys, and get their names out there.
Ordep
4/24/08 1:37:43AM
Chipper had that fight in Rd2 but BIG mistake was the takedown. But he's young and has good potential, a prospect that Dana won't like to lose.I think he'll fight in the Finale and if he does good there we def. will see him back.

what surprised me was Tim's first mount, being a BJJ BB and didn't attempt any sub. in Rd1.
coldchillin
4/24/08 1:42:33AM
I was very surprised by his performance against Creuder... I thought Creuder was going to easily submit him and he definitely had a gutsy performance. I think if he had listened to Rampage and let Creuder back up he could have finished him on the feet. He admitted his wrestling instincts kicked in though. Creuder was my pick to win it all but I'm not so sure right now, I was a little disappointed in his performance. I thought the fight choice was great by Forrest.
JBatch
4/24/08 8:30:16AM

Posted by coldchillin

I was very surprised by his performance against Creuder... I thought Creuder was going to easily submit him and he definitely had a gutsy performance. I think if he had listened to Rampage and let Creuder back up he could have finished him on the feet. He admitted his wrestling instincts kicked in though. Creuder was my pick to win it all but I'm not so sure right now, I was a little disappointed in his performance. I thought the fight choice was great by Forrest.

I also picked Credeur but I am not going to let that performance scare me. As we can tell by watching the episode this guy is motivated to win this thing. I hope he realizes he needs some better cardio for his next bout.

The most surprising thing to me was Credeur thought he would have an extreme strength advantage andhe actually looked like the weaker fighter.

I think Riddle has potential yet he should have listened to his corner. Like was said by Rampage and on here he had Tim gassed and his hands were dropped.
babalu2720
4/24/08 9:43:38AM
I had one thought about the TUF finale. With already 6 fights with non-Tuffers announced, does that mean less guys will have a chance to fight in the finale? So is someone like Riddle who put on a good fight, but lost in the first round not get invited back? Especially because Dana is trying to cut down on UFC contracts right now.
JasonSmolinski
4/24/08 10:32:00AM
Chipper is lucky as hell that ol' Steve Mazagatti wasn't reffing this one. Did you see that vicious upkick he landed square in the face of Credure while they were both down?

"One point! Kick to the face!"

Actually, it would be a pretty justifiable call. It almost knocked his ass out.
babytater03
4/24/08 11:47:47AM

Posted by scoozna

Like Rampage said, he should have kept it standing at the end of rd 1. He wasn't able to do anything on the ground and seemed to have more gas than Tim.

i seriously thought that fight was D-O-N-E in the 2nd. and then the kid had to take him down.........
Tein_Lung
4/24/08 2:49:59PM
the upkick was uncalled for.. but that is the kid being in a panic... but true if Herb or Maz was there the fight would of been stood up atleast and more then likely a point that was a nasty kick and could of KOed him
nickcuc547
4/24/08 2:53:23PM

Posted by ObsoleteMan

Posted by Rush

He is actually a somewhat accomplished BJJ player already, for a novice. I googled him after his 'knockout of the century", and according to his camp's website he's won a couple grappling tournaments, after only a few months of training.

Ultimately, I think this loss is good for him. Bring him down to earth, after winning some early tourneys and knocking the shit outta that guy. He's got good potential. And I don't get the hate; isn't he the point of the show? Give some raw prospects a chance to train with the big boys, and get their names out there.

ya he has a purple belt.
GrandMaster313
4/24/08 3:29:19PM

Posted by Ordep

Chipper had that fight in Rd2 but BIG mistake was the take down. But he's young and has good potential, a prospect that Dana won't like to lose. I think he'll fight in the Finale and if he does good there we def. will see him back.

what surprised me was Tim's first mount, being a BJJ BB and didn't attempt any sub. in Rd1.

its hard to submit someone in the 1 rd . that's why people like to let their opponents gas a little that way their not as "squirmy" when trying to slip a hold in.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/24/08 3:48:36PM
Dolce was in the corner of Alan Belcher for UFC 83.
bullettdodger
4/24/08 7:48:10PM
Chipper still seemed chipper to me after the fight
DevonFoxy
4/24/08 8:06:28PM
He looks like he could be great at MW in the future in an interveiw he said he planned on going to train with team Quest then with Rampage in Big Bear so I def. think that kid has a pretty solid future at MW.

Thats how I describe chipper...solid.
jgtribbett
4/24/08 10:23:32PM
i have been waiting for this ...

i think a lot of us coulda done as well if not better than what chipper did...

and i also know that i wouildnt have gotten caught in that particular armbar.. and niether of their boxing/ k-boxing looked that great.. and damn.. that chipper kid could be awsome..he just needs more time

and... awsome ******* lateral drop.. I'm a greco wrestler and that made my night...

ps.. that arm bar was telegraphed... chipper just didnt know any better..imo.

sorry if i sound cocky.. i know i wouldnt win but not THAT PARTICULAR ARMBAR.. just to clarify